Sign in to follow this  
discoInferno

Amazing Quadcopter Demonstration

I just watched this during my lunch break and had to share. The automated control systems running in the background must be amazing. This is why people should be studying engineering.

It may as well run on magic as far as my lack of understanding the maths etc behind that goes...but it is So Damn Cool that I don't care! :)

Wow! That's impressive automation. The agility and speed are impressive. Good to see that it missed one of the balls thrown toward it. When these little terminators are hunting us it's nice to know they are not perfect! :P

Hey, those ARE the droids I was looking for!

Imagine a restaurant with a hundred of these that are a little bigger, and with rotor(finger) protection.

As a customer you wave one down or even better, you enter into a touchscreen at your table (anyone else ever go to Xerts restaurant before Bungalow 8 was built there?) that you want 2 beers and a glass of pineapple juice. The bar staff have 8 quad-waiters ready and waiting. They tell the quad which table and sit the glasses on top of it and hit the go button. It may take more that 1 for some orders but that's fine, as 1 will hover at the table until it registers all weight has been removed and no hands are in the way then it will take off and head for a vacant charger while the 2nd quad comes down to deliver. If there is a vacancy at the bar then a charged quad will head on over to fill it.

Human waiters can deal with food and complaints. All moneys are dealt with via the tables console with options for tipping the waiter, chefs and bar staff.

It'd sound like a bee hive though so this restaurant might have annoyingly loud music.

Charging would be in another room, over a wall. A vertical rack for space saving and ease of access for maintenance.

It may as well run on magic as far as my lack of understanding the maths etc behind that goes...but it is So Damn Cool that I don't care! :)

^Pretty much this.

Awesome video :)