Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Oracle X

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I don't know why networks give Wheddon shows airtime. Personally, I find myself usually liking them, but he does take his time getting his shit together character and plot-wise, and by then the network has cancelled it for not rating.

I think this one is going to be about as long-lived as Dollhouse at best, and Firefly more likely. And I'll probably buy the box. ;P

TBH, I kind of like what they're doing, even if it's not super original. There's a new team that has a lot of internal conflict to resolve, they're making fun of a bunch of things including American attitudes.

The question is, will it remain light fare or will they eventually start taking themselves seriously?

I don't mind it. Will continue watching it on the plus7 website. More convenient that way.

Best part is, I've avoided all hype. I've not watched much Wheedon stuff (1/2 dozen episodes of Buffy, and maybe 3 of Firefly). So it all feels kinda fresh to me.

AD

hmm ep3 wasn't bad. A lot less cliche. Nice twist at the end and a potential setup for latter eps.

So... It's not supposed to be warehouse 13 in a plane with more science, and less magic?

Where was there any science? No, I think you were pretty close, there. So far, anyway.

lol yeah, making up a new element called "gravitonium" that supposedly manipulates gravity (*cough* Eezo *cough*) is not "science'.

Eureka had more science and that show's entire premise is about scientists who gets their wireless signals mixed up triggering catastrophic events on a daily basis.

Felt to me like it was amateur hour - not Wheldon calibre. It was like hoping for Breaking Bad and getting Skippy!

As much as it's entirely too early to really talk in general terms for the season, I think it's hitting it's groove, as far as that groove being the stereotypical bumbling that happens in large bureaucracies. It is a show literally about the background players from movies like Avengers.

You think that's bad, you should check out Atlantis 2013. :)

That looked pitiful just from the show description I read and the few shots I seen. Say what you will about bad American mediocre sludge, at least they're wrapped in the nicest box made by the best machinery money can buy. British sludge doesn't even have the packaging that wouldn't make you throw up before you even open it.

Edited by Oracle X

Ok ep 4 is pretty good. Very Mission Impossible-esque, and plenty of funny dialogs / twists. Agent May is definitely stone cold kickass operator. If they can keep this up then it's definitely a keeper.

Edited by Oracle X

Ok ep 4 is pretty good. Very Mission Impossible-esque, and plenty of funny dialogs / twists. Agent May is definitely stone cold kickass operator. If they can keep this up then it's definitely a keeper.

MM might have to give it another try. I groaned at the end of epp 2 when the new girl said "I'm in" on the phone.

Sooooooooooooooooo predictable.

Actually giving another show that just started a try. The Tomorrow People.

A US remake of an old 1970s UK show.

Warning vid does contain rather a massive spoiler.

The only decent parts of The Avengers was RDJ and Scarletts boobs.

'

pretty much.

its shitness was genuinely surprising, considering i had resigned myself to getting past the ridiculousness of the whole Thor the campy "god" from planet Mongo (or wherever ;P) plot line.

but wow! even with rock bottom expectations, it was so....bad. just a big fucking forced muddle of shite. luckily, i used a media player that let me accelerate the torture to 1.5x speed part way through, without missing any "dialogue" or "action".

Used to love that show as a kid. Got to see an original ep again a while back... Uh.

Same thing with old Blake's 7 and UFO shows. One should never try to relive the past. :P

Used to love that show as a kid. Got to see an original ep again a while back... Uh.

Same thing with old Blake's 7 and UFO shows. One should never try to relive the past. :P

Yeah, ahem 'The Highlander' :)

I remember watching the Tomorrow People but not what it was about. Is the remake OK?

I remember watching the Tomorrow People but not what it was about. Is the remake OK?

<shrug> Need to ask aliali about that one.

hmm remakes tend to suck bad. Especially ones ported from across the ocean.

Ok you Avenger-haters. Take your blasphemy and go back to Tasteless-ville - Population: You

:-P

<shrug> Need to ask aliali about that one.

Never watched the originals so can't say but skip reading through

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tomorrow_People

it would appear to be closer to the 1990 series than the 1970 series from watching the first epp.

Oh and seems more aimed at an adult or late teen audience rather than children.

Edited by aliali