Chaos.Lady

Werewolves return - Results and Discussion

LOL. I'm really glad you all had fun. :)

Next game will prolly be early November if there is interest. I hope there will be as I had heaps of fun with this one.

Will put up some of my own analysis later on, but everyone played really well. Yeah, being a VT is a bitch as you have no information to use and are going purely on what is said. But it's the challenge that makes it fun!

I was disappointed with the initial kerfuffle about RPing. RPing is important early game as it allows players to get in and show themselves. It starts to develop a pattern of behaviour and of posting. RP is ALWAYS dropped somewhere around the mid-game as players get deep into analysis and that's fine too. But RP creates flavour and makes it a little more fun. :)

I was running the numbers before Nich was lynched and it was still interesting even then. There were three possible outcomes at that point. Werewolf win, Villager win and me winning. :)

If Spooky was lynched and the wolves took out Genisis, that would leave Elven as a definate lynch and 2 wolves left. She'd take out one with her final shot and Wolves would win.

If Nich was lynched and the wolves took out Spooky, then Genisis got himself lynched, that would leave Elven and .01 as the only players alive. .01 would take out elven who would take him out with her final shot. No one survives so I win!

I'm actually pretty happy with the game balance since it finally came down to only 4 people left alive. :)

Holy shit I won again! My unbeaten mafia record stands!

For the record, I didn't suspect elvenwhore at all after Ihsan vouched for her, I was just trying to see who would jump on and lynch her. Nich was quite insistent even though there was fuck all evidence. Nich was on my radar since day 2. Everyone else was pretty much a mystery, except for 800 series on the day he was lynched. Nothing he did before that day came to my notice.

By the last day, however, I really had NFI. You almost won, nich. Almost. :D

This was fun, well done by all the players.

And thanks, of course, to Chaos Lady and her ridiculous imagination. Mooses? Seriously? You sending the moose after nich almost convinced me he was the hunter until I realised that you do nothing but fuck with people's minds in these games ;)

-X

My list was Spooky for seer since very early on. Iab, .01 and Nich as bad guys. I would have held my Nich vote till the end though, just because I was certain he was a wolf. He played too innocent to me. I assume since Elven knew she was the hunter she knew Nich was a wolf since he falsely role claimed hunter? If so, it was never very clear from her to me that was the case.

I had Nich, Elven and Ihsan early game, but Ihsan's witch roleclaim was too convincing for me to not believe. So if I believed he was the witch, I had to believe Elven was not a wolf. Or his story didn't work. Though I still thought she might be the piper if the piper was in play, or some other alternative motive person who wasn't 100% with us.

I never suspected 800. And I would have bet 100000000000000 dollars Iab was a wolf. All that chaos and noise making was so distracting to me. It was like background static or something. I started to suspect .01 the day I got eaten, by then it was too late since we were just trying to avoid a random lynch at that point. There were a few times mid game Nich almost had me convinced he was being truthful as the hunter, but he was always just a bit too... greasy smile to me.

Was enjoyable overall. I would have liked a bit more in character and a bit less meta for a few days at least... but oh well just my preference I guess. Kudos to Nich for staying in character as his role claim most of the game I think. For me as a villager I think in character is kinda important, since the only thing we have to go on is the story people portray.

Edit: Reason I thought spooky was the seer was early on she said she thought Cybes and I were being straight about our roles. I felt like she was SURE about Cybes and convinced about me. Her being sure about Cybes is what made me think super early she was the seer. So I always watched her trends. She was super quiet mid game, and I started to think perhaps I was wrong about her. Guess not. Perhaps just busy. Could have used her super powers about that time. But guess it worked out well enough in the end.

Edited by GhostWhoWalks

.And thanks, of course, to Chaos Lady and her ridiculous imagination. Mooses? Seriously? You sending the moose after nich almost convinced me he was the hunter until I realised that you do nothing but fuck with people's minds in these games ;)

-X

Awwww you say that like its a bad thing... :p

Love you too. :)

FTR I want to sincerely thank everyone who played. You guys make the game so much fun for me and are such wonderful participants.

Thank you all!

Oh, and to show my thanks, counter on the main page of the mafia site is up for the next game.

Edited by Chaos.Lady

Maybe for the next game have a rule stating people need to stay in character.

Also maybe have it when someone does you don't know what there role was unless it was a scum that died.

Pfft, I knew exactly what team I was on, mine. :P Never a babyface, always the heel.

A Natural 20. Perhaps there in lies the great irony of what a lot of you missed during the "RP" bit. I was going out of my way to be an arsehole and I thought the best way to do it was make fun of people RPing. I should of expected RPers to get buthurt about people making fun of them... I wanted to take away any attempts by the scum to bully the town around. I was however, also legitimately frustrated by the amount of people who really were waltzing in for one post wonders and leaving. I loved the fact GWWW came out of his two line shell and started helping, but then some arsehole killed him... Please, more like what you did before you died, that was great.

Now for those other answers you all no doubt want.

The Potions. No, not a panic move. I'd always planned to save someone I thought would be helpful (either Nich or Elven to begin with) and then kill someone and role claim to stop the scum role claiming an important town role. Yes, in the event of them trying to eat me I was really going to kill Nich. But, we all saw what happened. Spriggan saying he wanted to vote with the bandwagon had me either pin him as a wolf or a traitor trying to tell the scum where he was. Elven voting against him so late in the day before the hammer with no chance of a lynch is really the straw that broke the back there. Otherwise Ibato dies there.

The Silence. I'd made my role claim and I was ready to come out fighting against scum or villager and... nothing. Everyone just seemed to accept it. The scum not pressing the matter I could understand, the village, not so much. But everyone was now talking and it was one thing I wanted so I backed off. I was pretty sure the scum wouldn't be stupid enough to kill me before Elven (now there's something to regret more then killing your own angel) so I figured I had some time. I didn't vote there for a couple nights for a few reasons. First, I wasn't sold on Drago being scum and second I was a little worried the scum would try to rally behind any villager I accidentally voted on and use it as cover to get me lynched and then eat Elven. Plus I needed to do some raiding. :P

Spooky. Yes I got the table talk the moment you put me in the bar RPing with you and Genesis. You really didn't need to keep misspelling my name to get my attention. I just wanted you around more to help build some wagons. Which leads to the problem that keep me questioning things...

Don't Cross the Streams. Genesis, Genesis, Genesis. Your constant adamant refusal to accept that Elven wasn't a wolf while not fingering me as one, had me questioning whether or not you were scum or Spooky was insane. Not answering back to any of my queries had me really worried you were scum and I'd read things wrong. You kept throwing doubt over everything. :(

800. Sorry C.L (and not trying to be rude 800) but I don't agree with your assessment here (as a lot of people no doubt disagree with a lot of things I did, but oh well, opinions and all). 800 gave the game away, he's the one that linked me to Nich and .01. The giant double team on EoC and the buddy, buddy conversations with .01 screamed scum team. Night killing EoC straight away was just shooting yourself in the foot. I FoS'd Nich as soon as dawn broke and was ready to bandwagon, but all that came to that party was Spooky and I was terrified of getting the seer killed (after killing the angel and all) so I backed off.

You want me to put the hammer down?! Lets get this bit out to start with. I was fully ready and salivating to hammer Nich (he knows, the constant Steam PM's meant he was waiting on it, I'd been threatening to kill him for several games) but Elven's batshit retarded excuse for lynching a hunter and leaving the town down two for one had me coming back to that point about Genesis. Which then leads to Iabto.

There's always another option. Firstly don't take it too personally, but I was pissed at you by that point. We'll come back to that in a second though. And secondly here's some free advice that'll probably get me killed the next time I'm scum. If was scum I'd go out of my way to look like that helping villager with half truths. If I was scum I'd start making unprovable shit up, like imagining what roles are in play with no proof to really muddy the waters. I'd start making up probabilities of the village losing and cheery pick the results to ignore what is the most likely scenario and highlight worst case scenarios for the village to fuel a bandwagon I was on. I'd pick a fight near the end with a pack mate and then throw them under a bus to "prove my innocence." See where this is leading? Again, we''l come back in a second.

Always two there are. A master and an apprentice. I feel this is amazing advice and is an assumption you should always play under as a villager. Between the noise he'd been making, the tag team with 800 and the confirmation from Spooky (minus that annoying, nagging voice from Genesis) I was 95% sure Nich was the master. I just wasn't sold on the apprentice. So I cobbled together what I believed the probable outcome, tossed in everyone to make it look like I had no bias (like Spooky or Genesis being the quiet scum, yet kept separate from my fos at .01), threw my vote out and waited. And again, silence. I wanted to see what villagers thought of my voting reasons and see if scum would be for or against my hypothesis. There was also that very faint glimmer of hope Spooky would come and talk to me about what I'd said. Alas God had forsaken me for killing his angel.

All I got instead was noise. Iabto kept making noise about silly odds, the number of wolves kept changing, the roles in play kept changing. The more noise Iabto made, the more Nich responding in kind. I kept calling out to see if you'd listen and stop, but alas, people don't always respond the way we think.

Pressure, pushing down one me. FoS is pressure. Voting is pressure. Calling people out with WIFOM claims is pressure. An imminent looming deadline of a random lynch is another amazing one. .01 was hovering around in the thread for hours like panicked scum, never posting, but the only noise coming was from Iabto who was just making up even more nonsense I knew to be a lie. I wasn't Nich's lover, as much as he may so desperately want me and I would of gladly posted a vote/unvote of everyone in the game to prove I wasn't tainted (lovers can't vote for each other) but with two people on knives edges, that would of caused an unintentional hammer vote to fall midway a giant post of voting/unvoting. Ironically enough, if Nich isn't actually lying, this lovers crap is the thing that cause the brain failure of the wolves to eat me before Elven to prove Nich isn't biased against his pack...

Russian Roulette. Is .01, the guy hovering around the thread and refused to answer my vote the apprentice? Is there really three wolves and is this an attempt to "prove" the innocence of Nich/Iabto with the others death? Is Iabto a traitor trying to get himself killed to give the wolves a numerical superiority? Is Genesis the apprentice? The whole 180 an attempt to be my friend post was the thing that just pissed me off too much. Only a scum could be panic posting so much near a deadline and stupid enough to issue ultimatums to someone with the hammer vote... Fuck it, if I'm wrong at least the next day will be peaceful and quiet for getting Nich lynched. After all, the scum aren't going to be stupid enough to kill me before Elven, particularly not with how paranoid Nich is that Elven is another scum pack...

And I think that, is everything.

Great analysis, Ihsan :-)

Elven being suspicious of my accidental roleclaim* because she was the hunter was something I never actually considered - even after I was lynched I was totally sure you were non-wolf scum : p - ...

*wasn't kidding, decided to play a skeptical hunter living in the woods and be as pro-town in my daylife as possible. Didn't realise there was a hunter role until a few days in :

hahaha, I figured it probably was an accidental role claim but because it was my role, it really stuck out and made me instantly suspicious of you. That you then kept throwing out so many things about denying the wolves, pipers, lovers, and holding onto the hunter thing just made me think that was all a ruse to kick up dust :-p

Well played, though. Seriously, even though I was really pretty sure... right up until your lynch post, I wasn't sure-sure.

Surprised that you guys didn't peg me for a hunter, though. I thought that's why you weren't coming back for me :-) I thought you guys must have figured it out from my certainty that you couldn't be the hunter. Ripping into you for that without making it look like I knew "somehow" was a bit tricky. I knew if you guys suspected I was the hunter, I'd never get NK'd. And thanks to Ihsan, I also knew the likelihood of me getting lynched was lower than most.

My list was Spooky for seer since very early on. Iab, .01 and Nich as bad guys. I would have held my Nich vote till the end though, just because I was certain he was a wolf. He played too innocent to me. I assume since Elven knew she was the hunter she knew Nich was a wolf since he falsely role claimed hunter? If so, it was never very clear from her to me that was the case.

Pretty much - I figured the likelihood of there being two hunters was quite low, so since I obviously knew who the hunter was, I knew Nich was deluded in some way :-p

Crazy the number of you who thought I was a piper, though! That surprises me :-)

I was going out of my way to be an arsehole and I thought the best way to do it was make fun of people RPing.

I apologise to the hardcore RPers - for my part, I wanted to rattle a few chains, but since there was nothing happening in the thread there was hardly anything for me to put pressure on. So, the RPing was it. Still, I didn't expect people to react so negatively to it. I was hoping and expecting people would thow shit back at me... but they didn't seem to. So as a pressure tactic, either it sucked or people folded like cheap blankets.

Ideally, I would have liked to have played up the RP a bit more but I forgot to pick a town profession for myself before I started and kinda didn't get anything figured out until early to mid game.

I never expected having to be so aggressive. I thought I'd just be a placid little villager, pretty middle-of-the-line stuff, but it became very apparent very soon that not many people were inclined to put pressure on others, so I had to change that.

The last game day-and-a-half was pretty incriminating from Nich and .01. The theories I posted about the wolves and how they would behave were pretty truthful to what I was actually thinking, but having Nich come out so hard and fast against me surprised me a bit :-) It was when .01 joined in on the umming and aahhing and settled on me that sealed it for me with regards to his alliance.

The Lovers Affair was probably the most fun part of the game for me. While the theory started as a wild long-shot, Ihsan's initial reaction suddenly made it seem a little more plausible. So I ran with it. Ran it into the ground, you might say. None of it was lies (intentionally - I didn't know about the vote restriction on Lovers). Everything I put forward was entirely possible, if unlikely, and Ihsan's behavior following his Day 3 Witch Outing had made me very suspicious that he was not pro-town despite being unable to disprove the roleclaim.

It's true, I was trying to crank up the tension as much as possible during the countdown, but not for Ihsan. I was trying to rattle PointZero on the chance he'd turn on Nich. It was the only time in the game that I felt like I could put some serious pressure on those cocky wolves. I also figured if I was wrong Ihsan would simply lynch Nich to discredit me, since lynching me wouldn't make the Lovers Suspicion go away. Still, I wasn't too surprised to get lynched - as long as we avoided the dreaded random lynch I was happy. In my mind, I could see Nich feverishly trying to placate his pack and reassure them of his loyalties while they watched the clock tick down.

Ihsan, however, had a huge impact on the outcome of the game with his early Witch roleclaim. Despite taking out Spriggan in the process, it was a very solid cover story that a lot of us relied on right up to the end. If not for that, I probably would've had both Ihsan and Elven as priority lynching targets. They were both acting quite suspiciously - Ihsan lurking, while Elven exuded a wolfish confidence in all her posts - and I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a scenario that would disprove the Witch claim, which eventually led to the Lovers Affair.

I did unfairly target Ihsan as a way of getting at PointZero (who refused to engage me in the thread), but it just seemed to play out in such a funny way I couldn't resist putting more pressure on.

Well played, though. Seriously, even though I was really pretty sure... right up until your lynch post, I wasn't sure-sure.

Definitely! Nich was wily in the extreme. Right up to the end, I too still had a nagging doubt about his alignment.

Surprised that you guys didn't peg me for a hunter, though. I thought that's why you weren't coming back for me :-) I thought you guys must have figured it out from my certainty that you couldn't be the hunter. Ripping into you for that without making it look like I knew "somehow" was a bit tricky. I knew if you guys suspected I was the hunter, I'd never get NK'd. And thanks to Ihsan, I also knew the likelihood of me getting lynched was lower than most.

Never occurred to me even once. I thought you might've been the Idiot (with the "bet you can't lynch me!" talk) or perhaps the mysterious Piper.

Crazy the number of you who thought I was a piper, though! That surprises me :-)

It was because I was suspicious of you in general. If Ihsan hadn't cleared you, I probably would've had you in my Top 3 mostly likely werewolf suspects.

I was going out of my way to be an arsehole and I thought the best way to do it was make fun of people RPing.

I apologise to the hardcore RPers - for my part, I wanted to rattle a few chains, but since there was nothing happening in the thread there was hardly anything for me to put pressure on. So, the RPing was it. Still, I didn't expect people to react so negatively to it. I was hoping and expecting people would thow shit back at me... but they didn't seem to. So as a pressure tactic, either it sucked or people folded like cheap blankets.

Ideally, I would have liked to have played up the RP a bit more but I forgot to pick a town profession for myself before I started and kinda didn't get anything figured out until early to mid game.

I never expected having to be so aggressive. I thought I'd just be a placid little villager, pretty middle-of-the-line stuff, but it became very apparent very soon that not many people were inclined to put pressure on others, so I had to change that.

This worried me, too, early on. The village team just couldn't get into gear - it felt like there was only a small few willing to take action while most of the town just wanted to spectate. We payed for it, too, on Day 2.

The last game day-and-a-half was pretty incriminating from Nich and .01. The theories I posted about the wolves and how they would behave were pretty truthful to what I was actually thinking, but having Nich come out so hard and fast against me surprised me a bit :-) It was when .01 joined in on the umming and aahhing and settled on me that sealed it for me with regards to his alliance.

You did well throughout - it was a solid win. You were also about the only person who appeared to openly support my assessments (which made me very suspicious :)), and since you were cleared of being a wolf it was a powerful influence for a solitary villager like myself. Good work! Edited by i_am_banned2

I didn't see the point in engaging in noise.

Also, me hovering in the thread for hours, is because when I looked at the thread on my phone, I'd leave the page open in the Chrome app and then do other things on my phone, which then puts the app into memory to bring back up faster, and thus the forums still thinking I was here.

I regretted umming and aahing like I did at the end their Elven, as soon as I hit send on that FOS: Elven post I knew I shouldn't of put it on there.

Coming into the last day I felt I was going to be fighting an up hill battle to not get lynched, so I decided to NK you Elven just to knock you out of the end game. ^_^

That kinda backfired though with you being the hunter, which now thinking back on your posts, we should of seen that you were.

PointZero, I gotta say, your avatar wasn't doing you any favours in diverting suspicion. :)

ahahaha, specially since I changed it around the time the game started! -_-'

Damn....

Well played Elven.

Oh gawd yes. I honestly wasn't sure which way Elven would swing the whole game, but for some reason I had pegged her with a special role.... Must be something about you!

I knew Nich... wasn't the hunter :-p

Whoaaaa, that was intense! I am so sorry, Nich and anyone else I went after, especially there towards the end. I felt really mean! ugh :-) Well done to our wolves, though :-) You had us all scattered.

Thanks for yet another mind-fuck, Chaos! :-p

edit: thanks to Sam and Dean for the backup :-p

Honestly didn't help that I kept choosing villagers. It makes it harder to point a finger at someone, so I took to voting people voting/fos my villagers... This really had me confused when they turned out to be villagers.

So once I got a red report I went hard and fast. Sorry for that Nich, but it was a lot of frustration and fun verbally sparing with you.

Nich I had pegged as a wolf pretty early on with all the muddying of the waters and denial of wolves in the first couple of days.

I was just pissed off he role claimed my role :-p

Pretty much the whole time, I was banking on taking Nich out with my final shot because I was pretty confident he was a wolf. Then Ihsan came along and outed me as non-scum, which was good although it meant I was likely not going to be lynched. I had to rely on being NK'd in order to be effective... waiting... waiting... waiting... the bastards wouldn't come back for me! That's why I made so much noise (yes, noise :-p ), first of all about being "omg I must have been onto something!" and then "haha, you missed me!" I wanted to make sure I was enough of a target for a NK. I admit I was starting to get a bit nervous there towards the end, I wasn't sure if anyone was going to come back for me :-)

I actually thought the wolves might have thought I was the hunter that's why they didn't come back for me. I had daymares of not being able to get lynched and not being able to be NK'd :-p

That is just hilarious, role-claiming (even accidently) a role already in play....

Really enjoyed watching the villagers run around being confused or when they piled on certain wagons to lynch someone.

It's actually quite demoralising to lynch a fellow villager. I was wrong so much in the first few days that I'm surprised I wasn't lynched myself.

As a villager, nothing is ever certain and every day is a big reveal. Makes it exciting but also frustrating at times.

Oh hell yes, I agree entirely!

Ihsan's witch roleclaim was too convincing for me to not believe. So if I believed he was the witch, I had to believe Elven was not a wolf. Or his story didn't work. Though I still thought she might be the piper if the piper was in play, or some other alternative motive person who wasn't 100% with us.

I never suspected 800. And I would have bet 100000000000000 dollars Iab was a wolf. All that chaos and noise making was so distracting to me. It was like background static or something. I started to suspect .01 the day I got eaten, by then it was too late since we were just trying to avoid a random lynch at that point. There were a few times mid game Nich almost had me convinced he was being truthful as the hunter, but he was always just a bit too... greasy smile to me.

Edit: Reason I thought spooky was the seer was early on she said she thought Cybes and I were being straight about our roles. I felt like she was SURE about Cybes and convinced about me. Her being sure about Cybes is what made me think super early she was the seer. So I always watched her trends. She was super quiet mid game, and I started to think perhaps I was wrong about her. Guess not. Perhaps just busy. Could have used her super powers about that time. But guess it worked out well enough in the end.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if anyone had even thought I was the seer, especially after all the "there can't be a seer in the game' talk.

Yeah I was busy esp early game, I couldn't get time from work to view the game and for some reason everyone decided to come over for games and bbq during the week (we aven't had people over for months)

Could've used superpowers early on if I didn't have the luck of an Irish (why they say irish have good luck is beyond me when you view history). First nightly pick went to Cybes, next was Genesis (he was being loud and drunk at the time), followed by Ihsan (I can spell!) and then finally hit Nich.

The Silence. I'd made my role claim and I was ready to come out fighting against scum or villager and... nothing. Everyone just seemed to accept it. The scum not pressing the matter I could understand, the village, not so much. But everyone was now talking and it was one thing I wanted so I backed off. I was pretty sure the scum wouldn't be stupid enough to kill me before Elven (now there's something to regret more then killing your own angel) so I figured I had some time. I didn't vote there for a couple nights for a few reasons. First, I wasn't sold on Drago being scum and second I was a little worried the scum would try to rally behind any villager I accidentally voted on and use it as cover to get me lynched and then eat Elven. Plus I needed to do some raiding. :P

I was so surprised you survived the night, really I was.... I think I was more surprised about that than about even NIch surviving.

Spooky. Yes I got the table talk the moment you put me in the bar RPing with you and Genesis. You really didn't need to keep misspelling my name to get my attention. I just wanted you around more to help build some wagons. Which leads to the problem that keep me questioning things...

Table talk: I am not subtle, not even in cards am I. I honestly just typed your name from memory and for some reason the H and S always get mixed up. Sorry!

Don't Cross the Streams. Genesis, Genesis, Genesis. Your constant adamant refusal to accept that Elven wasn't a wolf while not fingering me as one, had me questioning whether or not you were scum or Spooky was insane. Not answering back to any of my queries had me really worried you were scum and I'd read things wrong. You kept throwing doubt over everything. :(

800. Sorry C.L (and not trying to be rude 800) but I don't agree with your assessment here (as a lot of people no doubt disagree with a lot of things I did, but oh well, opinions and all). 800 gave the game away, he's the one that linked me to Nich and .01. The giant double team on EoC and the buddy, buddy conversations with .01 screamed scum team. Night killing EoC straight away was just shooting yourself in the foot. I FoS'd Nich as soon as dawn broke and was ready to bandwagon, but all that came to that party was Spooky and I was terrified of getting the seer killed (after killing the angel and all) so I backed off.

And funnily enough I didn't know for certain at that point, I just felt Nich was a wolf. The irony that you backed off a wolf after the seer came to your party

I do apologise 800, I honestly thought you were scum master. I somehow had missed .01 till about the time Nich started to attack me, then I got suspicious when Lab-to backed me up but .01 followed Nich.

Considering I stayed in character for so long into the game, I stuck by 2 obvious villagers to the exclusion of everyone else, as well as being generally quiet, I fully expected one of the wolves to lynch me early. I was so surprised when all the villagers fell and I didn't get anything other than an "I'm not sure about spooky's quiet".

I think I started to do a jig once Nick FOS'd me and also went hard and fast.

Chaos, you are so lucky my partner David recently decided to slam watch 8 seasons of Supernatural a few months ago, or I wouldn't have picked up on the references at all. As it was I was laughing my ass off. As for that bloody moose, the least said :)

I will have to learn to be a bit more obvious with my role-claiming though (without just stating it like Ihsan did :) ) I think the fact that Chaos changed my role's name might have helped cause that cause I played into the fortune teller's tarot card and future talk, but it was missed :)

Also, me hovering in the thread for hours, is because when I looked at the thread on my phone, I'd leave the page open in the Chrome app and then do other things on my phone, which then puts the app into memory to bring back up faster, and thus the forums still thinking I was here.

Sama, Sama, I had this open on firefox at work when I could, open on my laptop that didn't always shut down and I realised that I also had it open on my phone... when I had signal that is.

Chaos, I just noticed that the next game starts literally days before I go on a two week cruise to NZ with not internet.... :(

I think my biggest mistake was being vocal about my suspicion you were the seer, Spooky, and going hard for a lynch trying to make you look like scum. I felt pretty horrible being so nasty and taking advantage of your stated reasons for being afk, and then even moreso when people either thought I was crazy or suspected your role and didn't trust me doubly.

Oh yeah, and... what was with that possession/Jo thing at the end?

Your role claiming was perfect Spooky. Subtle enough to cast doubt for the scum, easy enough for the real townies who'd been "read" to see. I was actually taunting Nich over steam for days saying I knew who the seer was. >:)

You're greatest asset, and probably the biggest downfall from it, was that you weren't around enough. Though if you were about more it probably would of got you killed. Catch 22 I guess.

Edited by Ihsan

Your role claiming was perfect Spooky. Subtle enough to cast doubt for the scum, easy enough for the real townies who'd been "read" to see. I was actually taunting Nich over steam for days saying I knew who the seer was. >:)

You're greatest asset, and probably the biggest downfall from it, was that you weren't around enough. Though if you were about more it probably would of got you killed. Catch 22 I guess.

Thank you very much! I honestly though I was stuffing up for quite a bit of it!

I was chatting with Chaos over nich myself. Did he believe you? Cause it honestly felt that until near the end he had no idea?

It didn't help that I wanted nothing to do with the RP discussion so I held out of it, even though I was active at that point. But it was fun leaving hints everywhere, sticking up for my fellows and seeing it go over the wolves heads.

Oh Nich. don't apologise, I had a ball. It was fun picking out little things and knowing you were throwing the same mud right back.

0.1 every time I saw your avatar, I kept seeing Kara Thrace from BSG, and after a long while I couldn't forget it....

So Chaos, who's going to interfere in the next game?

First opportunity today to comment: Well, that was about as close to defeat as victory gets. Not really pyrrhic, since most of the losses were self-inflicted - though the first two or three were pretty well unavoidable, with nothing to go on yet.

Having kept an eye on the progression of the game, I still don't think I would have signed up if I had known the style of play, but everyone clearly had fun and that's the bit that counts.

Nich I figured. .01 got me by surprise, though. "Well done that man!" Or wolf.

I assumed he was taunting and didn't believe him - just like when he claimed to be a village witch - until I noticed the long nighttimes and your absence. Didn't peg you necessarily for a seer, but something to be wary of.

In the interests of making the life of scum harder next game - and hoping I'm not scum 3 in a row - if you can't get your night roles in on time, do them in advance.

And, er, log in as private so people don't see you lurking but not posting <.>

Towards the end, I felt like I"d been avoiding implicating .01 for too long, and going over the whole thread looking for stuff was... actually difficult. I wasn't pulling punches when all I could say was he was too similar to Elven (tho' less angry, not having his role claimed by someone else : p)

I never suspected 800.

As the game went on, I felt I was calling myself out too much - I broke, couldn't be bothered with the simple RPing and wanted to stir the pot a little.

Not rude at all. The worst part was not knowing EoC was the little girl and had spotted me, and convincing everyone otherwise that I wasn't a wolf. Buuuuuuut I clearly wasn't convincing enough, and by that point I was more interested in trying to avert suspicion, hence why I tried throwing it off and starting a case against Nich. Too little too late, had I done it earlier I might have a had a chance.

I do apologise 800, I honestly thought you were scum master. I somehow had missed .01 till about the time Nich started to attack me, then I got suspicious when Lab-to backed me up but .01 followed Nich.

Hah, that's pretty good. Again, I began to try and distance myself when I knew my time was up, hopefully thinking the remaining villagers would lynch each other.

It was a pretty good game though, I had fun. Did we ever find out why val0r0x never showed up?

And, er, log in as private so people don't see you lurking but not posting <.<

Eh, this is something I don't 100% agree with. If you have nothing to hide there's no reason people shouldn't see you in the thread., particularly if you're usually in the thread the same times every day. I quiet frequently went back and reread the entire thread every few days, something I recommend everyone do. I wasn't an F5 lurker looking for a hammer vote, I was rereading everything to see what I'd missed or misinterpreted.

It was a good game, I'm really glad at the outcome, I'm just dissappointed that I didn't survive longer. (maybe i should have role claimed the jester lol)

Its interesting the strategies people use early game. I relied heavily on the power of OMGUS, and it was rather successful I think. I just wish I'd been able to be more convincing and could backup my suspicions.

Ihsan I guess my reacting heavily against you worked in your favour, I wasn't really sure what role you were but I figured I'd OMGUS you until I could get something substantial against someone else.

I'd pegged 800_series early on as scum and I had suspected nich, but I didn't want to target them too heavily until I could get something that I could convince other people with.

When the bandwagon was forming against me I actually pm'd Choas asking if I could post something that would look like a pm that i'd accidently added to the topic instead of messaging someone privately, I was getting desperate and wanted to try taking either 800 or Nich with me.

However it turned out that it was the night that Chaos was busy and the longer night meant the hammer came down befor Chaos got back and read my pm.

I didn't have alot of time before I died to get much analysis on other people although I did guess that EdgeofChaos was the seer which was close.

Having kept an eye on the progression of the game, I still don't think I would have signed up if I had known the style of play, but everyone clearly had fun and that's the bit that counts.

It's certainly a game that tends to bring out the... I won't say worst in people, but it does tend to be a game of a certain style and it's not for everyone. I've been apologising to Nich via PM all day because of how much of a bitch I was to him in the thread! :-)

... Sorry, Nich :-(

Yeah, you did really well, Spooky. Your posts were quite instrumental in the end-game because I wasn't quite as sure of .01 as I was Nich, but your setup and posts made me take another look in .01's direction and helped confirm for me that he'd be the best shot I had at the end. Well done :-)

I regretted umming and aahing like I did at the end their Elven, as soon as I hit send on that FOS: Elven post I knew I shouldn't of put it on there.

That, in combination with Spooky's posts, pretty much solidified it for me that you would be my one shot :-) That said, there was still some luck involved at the end. I was pretty sure, but I wasn't completely sure. I was happy to get Chaos' PM this morning saying I'd been eaten, but I was pretty nervous (and I think I told her as much!) when I sent the PM back with your name in it :-)

They were both acting quite suspiciously - Ihsan lurking, while Elven exuded a wolfish confidence in all her posts

Ahhh... so that was it. Was wondering why I drew so much suspicion. That was actually not very comfortable for me, to be so arrogant, but when it appeared that people were having trouble getting started I decided to switch to a more take-charge attitude to try and get something happening.

In the early days, the hunter role didn't seem like a curse (I sound like Dean circa Season 1 :-p ). I figured I'd probably get taken out early to mid game (the scum always take me out early) in which case, I'd take my best shot and see how I went. The later the game went on, though, the more it appeared my shot would kinda matter... then it started to feel heavier :-p

And a shout-out to Iab-to for getting things done, man :-) For a while I was worried things weren't going to kick off and we'd all be standing around staring at our toes in silence until the end but you were one of the ones who really got things moving, and kept them moving. Well played.

And Spriggan, I'm sorry for getting you poisoned :-( I was so suspicious of you, though! I felt sure you'd mucked up!

was fun to read, i wish i lived a little longer tho, So would have moved to have Nich Lynched a lot earlier

I never want to be on the opposite team to Nich again! Or Ihsan, for that matter, although we were obviously on the same team this time around. Scary good :-)