Sign in to follow this  
.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Google Nexus 5

I tried using hangouts yesterday.

What a fucking mess of an application. I just want regular google talk. I don't want all this fancy google+ bullshit!

I don't want all this fancy google+ bullshit!

Reminds me of YouTube's comment changes last month... seems to be a trend.

I tried using hangouts yesterday.

What a fucking mess of an application. I just want regular google talk. I don't want all this fancy google+ bullshit!

Google+ is essentially their new Google Profile. Everything will be G+ because that's what your Google account is.

Last night I discovered '8SMS', which is an app that's basically the stock ICS/JB messaging thing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...htyeightsms.mms

Interesting. How do you find it better over the stock app?

I might consider it for the pop up as it means I can get rid of one other program I use for that.

I haven't actually tried it yet, I've been figuring out Hangouts so I can make a more informed decision on which is better suited to my needs. :)

But, many people out there are fed up with Hangouts and they recommended 8SMS, so I thought I'd pass it on!

Yeah cheers. I've been trying it out. It seems exactly the same as the stock app, but you can change the theme (meh) to a dark one, and it comes with popups (although I still have to unlock my screen to view it). I'll give it a bit longer and if the popup thing bugs me and I can't find a setting to make it appear on the lockscreen, then I'll prop just go back to the stock app plus a popup app.

I don't want all this fancy google+ bullshit!

Reminds me of YouTube's comment changes last month... seems to be a trend.

OMG, I'm still fuming over that. I tried to cancel whatever it was saying about changing my youtube account over. In the end I lost access to my channel. Took an hour to figure out how to break the g+ association (I was scared I'd lose my channel completely too). Now It's back to normal, but I can't comment on videos and I have 2 justo316 youtube accounts spare with nothing in them, but they still show up for some reason.