maran67

Deus Ex 3?

The movie is old news, but I haven't seen those concept works before. TBH it looks a bit 'iffy', it's either set after Invisible War, which will be rubbish, or it's set prior to the original Deus Ex, in which case the world looks far too advanced for a world where the economic divide is a canyon, and plagued by a virus which has stalled cultural progress and left the world stuck in a rut. That fancy building looks far too out of place. And everything looks all nice and clean.

Edited by Mademan

Looks pretty good to me!

My money is on 'set after DX2'. Dunno why that would make it crap though. I'm going to give it a chance, that's for sure.

For now, looks to me like they're going in a good direction, but only time will tell, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

i never played one only 2, the omar were awsome

Ohhhh dude! you so need to go play the first one! your missing out!

i never played one only 2, the omar were awsome

Ohhhh dude! you so need to go play the first one! your missing out!

Yep, you've gotta get the original. Deus Ex 2 is a great game in its own right, but the original is just groundbreaking.

Deus Ex 3 was confirmed a while ago. Neither Warren Spector nor Harvey Smith are involved, although it "has their blessing", but at least Sheldon Pacotti, the original lead writer is on board.

Trailer here

Some screenies here

Edited by Dapper_Dan

Deus Ex 3 was confirmed a while ago. Neither Warren Spector nor Harvey Smith are involved, although it "has their blessing", but at least Sheldon Pacotti, the original lead writer is on board.

Trailer here

Some screenies here

Ooh, looks like Shanghai's playing a part. Awesome- I loved the whole Hong Kong section of Deus Ex, so here's hoping it's quite similar.

Hmm, found out some info about the setting on Wiki too- apparently it seems like it's going to be a prequel to the original.

Edited by The Manta

I still wish that they'd made three offshoots depending on the ending of choice from the original.

And god do I wish the HDTP team would get their work done (Or moreso, I wish more kind and caring person would jump on board and work towards a common goal of achieving the pack of textures to make the original oh so much more sexiful)

ps: Looks like fucking sex. Hope it comes about, and hope it does it in the way that it sounds that Fallout 3 has, aka gobsmacking.

*Prays*

Edited by LordBug

I still wish that they'd made three offshoots depending on the ending of choice from the original.

And god do I wish the HDTP team would get their work done (Or moreso, I wish more kind and caring person would jump on board and work towards a common goal of achieving the pack of textures to make the original oh so much more sexiful)

ps: Looks like fucking sex. Hope it comes about, and hope it does it in the way that it sounds that Fallout 3 has, aka gobsmacking.

*Prays*

+1 to the HDTP request.

Those are awesome screenies. Deus Ex remains one of fave PC games of all time, by a long long way. Number 2 by comparison, was made of suck (a bit like Fallout 3... /runs), but still has a fond place in my collection.

Must get around to playing this 'Deus Ex' sometime. I only played about ten minutes of Invisible War before turning it off.

A few months ago some mag had an exclusive first look at all this with screenies and all....

I am positive that it stated this would be set before the first game to which alot of people were confused as it actually looks more futuristic I guess. Also remember reading that you would not be nano augmented but bio(I think it was)...kind of like Hermann etc. as the technology that JC and Paul had was of course not around yet.

Must get around to playing this 'Deus Ex' sometime. I only played about ten minutes of Invisible War before turning it off.

Serious?

Alright, next time I'm at Casa del Tak, your education will begin :P

Serious?

Alright, next time I'm at Casa del Tak, your education will begin :P

Me to, I've never played either of them, not even a second glance at the shops.

If that's the case you probably wont even last that long with the original. It's an incredibly boring and cliched game.

If that's the case you probably wont even last that long with the original. It's an incredibly boring and cliched game.

I reckon if you can put more than 40mins into it, you'll see the potential. It is a great game but is pretty long in the tooth these days.

I played it through to the end cos I wanted to see what people saw in it. But it was just cliched as hell. every twist and turn was like "oh, this is this" and it was just obvious from start to finish.

I played it through to the end cos I wanted to see what people saw in it. But it was just cliched as hell. every twist and turn was like "oh, this is this" and it was just obvious from start to finish.

You miserable cunt :P

To expand on that, I picture you as a well aged Mr Miyagi-eque character, with thin wispy dreadlocks and tremulous hands, leaning against your walking stick, going into a strip-club and glaring miserably at the strippers, deep wrinkles forming on your forehead as you scowl, only getting excited when a pack of ninjas appear and beat the strippers up.

Hence the first comment :)~

Edited by LordBug

Cliched? Well, yes. Where do you think the cliches started?

Oooh ooooh ooooh! Possible exciting news!

As per http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83354

A new user quoting numerous parts of what really made DX1

These are the essential things that made DX1 compelling for me. I would like to know from the developers what they are thinking about these points in their design for DX3. And for everyone else what are the essentials that made DX1 compelling for you?

Will there be multiple paths or solutions to each game situation?

Will the game allow nonviolent solutions to the various situations?

Will our game play choices be moral dilemmas in shades of gray that at least *imitate* the best and most subtle literature?

Will there be at least one big plot twist?

Will there be more than one ending and replay option?

Will the dialogue be *acted out* passionately by unknown voice actors instead of being *read* in their respective iconic manners by big name budget busters stealing resources from deeper game play development?

Will optional background story be available to us with readable books, notes and and interaction with incidental characters.

Will the game be long enough and detailed enough for us to care about the game characters?

Can we pick locks and hack computers on the sly to gain strategic advantage over the opposition?

An exciting reply

I think you will be very happy with DX3.

Who the heck is René?

From the looks of it, he works for Eidos Montreal, as a liaison between the devs and the community, possibly more than that.

Makes me want to jump up and down in excitement.

Hell, I'm this bloody close to pulling out DX1 and playing it through, waiting be damned for the HDTP to be completed!