Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

3rd party PS3 controllers

I'm looking for a controller for my PS3 that is similar to a 360 pad. I believe that the 360 controller is superior to the ps3 in almost every way, I prefer the stick positions and the analog triggers, as well as the shape (the ps3 controller feels unnatural and hurts my hands after extended use).

I have an Afterglow wired controller, which is similar to a 360 pad, but still not as good. Anyone have any suggestions? I used to have a dongle for the ps3 that would allow you to use a wired 360 controller with it, but am unable to find it now and haven't seen anything like it for sale since I got it.

Ideas? Opinions? Fire away!

That one looks fantastic, do you know if they are still available? BigW and EB (who are listed as the retailers of it) don't seem to have it listed on their websites.

I wish I could understand the 360 controller preference. Not because it matters, it's just one of those curiosities. You and millions of others have such an active preference (so much so you'd seek the shape for PS3), so there really must be something to it.

Personally, and maybe this is because I had a PS3 so many years earlier than my 360, the 360 controller's physical form feels strange. I can't for the life of me understand why I would ever want my thumbs in different locations when they perform essentially the same simultaneous function (in an FPS at least) but maybe there's some point I'm missing with shoulder button configurations. That said, I really don't mind either.

I will say also that when I finally did a big run through the backlog of Halo titles, I could tell there's some kind of analogue stick voodoo they're figured out for really excellent aiming precision.

Also side note: Anyone tried an Xbox One controller? I only got a brief hands on so far so can't make too much of a comment yet, but I did get a really good session on the PS4 controller and IMO it feels a lot better than the DS3. Hopefully they're both a step up.

(ps sorry for this rambling rather than contributing to what you're asking for - got zero knowledge there unfortunately)

I wish I could understand the 360 controller preference. Not because it matters, it's just one of those curiosities. You and millions of others have such an active preference (so much so you'd seek the shape for PS3), so there really must be something to it.

I've never really liked the playstation controllers, the josticks have always felt to loose for me.

I've never really liked the playstation controllers, the josticks have always felt to loose for me.

That is the one downside I can kind of see - or rather that's the thing I noticed and liked about the 360 controllers.

That, and in BF3 I get driven MENTAL when trying to mark enemies (select btn) because I have a 50/50 chance of simultaneously throwing a grenade as the soft left trigger slips while I grapple my thumb awkwardly off the left stick. I don't know if marking is easier on the 360 controller but I figure it HAS to be.

Yup, I prefer the thumb sticks and the shoulder buttons, I also prefer its slightly larger shape, the PS3 control doesn't really sit comfortably in my hands, as it is too small. The 360 controller is a little bigger and is far more comfortable.

Anyway, I found my USB 360 > PS3 controller adaptor and got a Razer Sabertooth, which works perfectly on the PS3 using the adaptor, loving it.

Edited by NukeJockey