xnatex

What should i do with this big spider in my room?

So this massive huntsman has been chilling in my computer room for a few days.

Posted Image

I like these spiders and feel it maybe time to take her outside but every time i look at her to think of a way of moving all i can see is this

Posted Image

How am i gonna get it out without killing her or freaking out and possibly squishing a part

(links to the pics if the ones in the post didnt work)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/pcra.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/8s5r.jpg/

Bucket + cardboard.

Should do it as long as the spider doesn't jump on your face and suck the juices from the whites of your eyes.

Err... good luck!

+1 on the bucket + cardboard.

I don't mind huntsmen inside but the thing is that they can inadvertantly find a comfy place to crash but end up with no food supply, so there are cases where it'd be for their benefit to be evicted.

If it's likely to rain in the next 2 days then it's probably pointless as they'll only wander back in.

Bucket + cardboard will probably be a hassle, as it looks to be in the corner of the room? You could try and poke a brook handle up there and see if it crawls on, then take it outside.

Go the broom I reckon, carefully tho - they're surprisingly fragile.

And careful it doesn't leap at your face :)

Bucket and card board and glasses or full faced helmet, lol.

The pics make your wall and ceiling look very clean which means the spider has been eating well or, it's slowly starving.

It has a relaxed posture, this might be due to it's chillin' state, Or it's too hungry to get concerned about you taking it's photo.

Feed it. Tame it. Then irradiate it til it's gargantuan. Then it will still remember you with kindness and fondness, and you'll be able to ride a giant spider to work!

Ad

Lol. Huntsman spiders are not venomous and, while they might give you a bit of a nip, they won't hurt you much.

An ice-cream container I think is much easier than a bucket. Just be careful not to drop it on her legs.

Encourage her down by going behind with a broom. You don't need to touch her with the broom, she will run away from the broom, just guide it down,

Once it hits the floor drop the ice cream container over it. A piece of cardboard is easiest, if you have a cereal box you are happy to donate, the side of it works great. It just nees to be bigger than the container.

Slowly! Slide the cardboard under the container, giving Freddy plenty of time to get on top of the cardboard. Once the cardboard is completely underneath, slide your hand under the cardboard and flip the whole thing over, keeping your hand on the cardboard , which is now on top rather than underneath, to stop it sliding off.

Take it outside and put the container down on the grass. Take the cardboard off and you should be able to gently tip spidey out of the container.

Easy Peasy!

Edited by Chaos.Lady

How am i gonna get it out without killing her or freaking out and possibly squishing a part

Squeal until someone comes to do it for you? :-)

Encourage her down by going behind with a broom. You don't need to touch her with the broom, she will run away from the broom, just guide it down,

I will never forget one huntsman spider we had in the house, many years ago. This thing was arrogant. It would stand it's ground. It wasn't aggressive, per se, just thought we were twee trying to deal with it. I tried to shoo it outside with a broom and it just stood there. I didn't want to squish it so I had to back down. The human had to back down :-( It sauntered (yes, sauntered) wherever it wanted to go in the house. If I tried to setup a barricade or broom it away in some direction somehow, it would just walk towards me.

What the? You're supposed to be scared of the broom!

Yeah, I don't think so. I'm heading this way and yeah, I don't see you doing anything about it.

Please go the other way.

No, I don't think so. I'm just going to take a seat on your favourite book right here. Thanks, man.

No... what?

We had a battle of wills that went on for about an hour. At one point it wandered into a plastic shopping bag that found it's way onto the floor. I swear it was tap-dancing in there, just because it could. la-la-la I'm a spider, bitch, lookit me go with my legs and my eyes and la-la-la! Fucking thing could not be coerced into doing anything that a human wanted it to do.

But in all seriousness, the bucket/ice-cream container+stiff cardboard combo will work wonders. Unless it's a boy spider, in which case it will essentially teleport because those things do not conform to a linear world, which makes it tricky to drop a container on top without missing completely.

Go the broom I reckon, carefully tho - they're surprisingly fragile.

Fragile, but badarse. I once saw one wandering across the floor and someone happened to put a chair down right as it was going past, onto a single leg. The damn thing kinda wriggled it's remaining legs for a second, then just clean ripped it's trapped leg off and kept walking. Hardly missed a beat. Crazy.

Ask it to pay its share of rent.

bahahah! :-) Edited by elvenwhore

Screw Spiders, this is what I fear the most:

You know there are a heap more designs for non-returning hunting boomerangs than there are for the stereotypical ones.

What the? You're supposed to be scared of the broom!

Yeah, I don't think so. I'm heading this way and yeah, I don't see you doing anything about it.

Please go the other way.

No, I don't think so. I'm just going to take a seat on your favourite book right here. Thanks, man.

No... what?

I love that spider.

That is awesome. I'm now imagining a huntsman in a little leather jacket, with a smoke hanging out of the side of it's mouth, sunglasses on and 8 pairs of military boots.

BWAHAHAHA!

:)

:)

Huntsmen are ok, as said, non venomous, just look scary, but they eat flies - saves on Mortein ;)

Last week I was just taking a drive to the shops and a very large white-tail sort of erupted out of the air vents and climbed up the windscreen right in front of me.

Had a car right behind me so couldn't do much until I got to the car park.

I know all the debate over if they are dangerous or not, but I'm not about to be a guinea-pig, I'm afraid he received the thong treatment :)

Cheers

Yeah, had a funnel web pop up the other day, got the thong treatment as well. All the non dangerous types get left alone though, inside or out. :)

Edited by Director

Spider bro is living with you for a reason. Probably has had a decent feed in your house he will leave when hes ready.

Posted Image

Spider bro is living with you for a reason. Probably has had a decent feed in your house he will leave when hes ready.

<<spiderbro>>

Right in the feels!

I had hunstman spiders living in my bedroom, on and off, for years. Never got on my way, always chilling near the ceiling. Possibly walking on the bed while I slept. *shrug*. They wouldn't be there if there wasn't food. Bucket + cardboard if you must get rid of it.

Thanks for the replies, ive carefully read all responses and formulated a cunning plan to get the spider out, Ive documented phase 1 of the plan in this video

Edited by xnatex

haha i wigged out for a second wondering how you found that, its been awhile since i seen any of those. I was browsing some other videos and how random is this, This guy named Nick Kraakman uploaded 1 of my videos about 8 years ago and has like 3.2 million views on it and running adds and shit lol. I wonder how much money he has made from stealing my shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbRu_Q_8Ms

hahahah the lil kid at the end "i told you not to play with spiderr"

Edited by xnatex