retiredfromlife

Thoughts on the Lian Li D600

Has anyone looked at the recently released Lian Li D600 case?

PC Casegear

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...cff73de1a8c5b3

Lian Li Page

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-d600/

To me looks more practical that the Corsair Carbide Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case, but it is over double the price.

To see the optional hot swap parts for the Lian Li you need to download the manual from their site. It gives a lot more info missing from the PCCaseGear page.

I would have preferred 120mm fans all over but can live with the 140mm in the front. I love the drive options and layout, but it could be hard to push some of the mother board connectors on. not much room around the board. (My over 50 eyes have trouble focusing on header pins that are deep in some cases.)

The main thing I do not like are those Lian Li clips they use on the panels, as they tend to break. According to the manual they give you one spare, but if you open their cases regulary I would prefer not to rely on those clips. Also the front only seems to have two clips and a screw underneith. I can see this may also not last. The Lian Li D8000 had a semi same for the front panel and reviews stated these clips broke on the front.

Still it is a case I may consider I will watch for build reviews and would like to see their D7000 come out as well to compare it too. This this was only showcased at the CES 2013. Plenty of you tube videos of the pre release D7000 model.

Regards MarkL

its..... interesting?

Why would you want it that big?

With new technology, comes smaller scale, so cooler operation.

Really, to me, its just a needlessly jumbo case.

Why are you thinking o f it?

I like the design of the case nice airflow and hopefully positive pressure on the motherboard side.

Also I like the hotswap extras you can buy. As for size it is not as high or deep as a lot of full towers, mainly the double width. Compared to my Corsair 800D it is a mid tower that id nearly twice as wide. But I can live with that.

Still don't know if I will get one, but definately considering a new case soon. I will watch out for reviews first though.

Regards MarkL

At first I thought this was a dual-PC case, but I guess it's supposed to be used with many disc drives...

Seems to be a lot of space on the secondary side that would go to waste.

I just finished a build in the corsair case you mentioned. It's the easiest and neatest build I've done, though it doesn't support the Same number of hdd's as the lian li.