Sign in to follow this  
kikz

DVI monitors flickering when DP/HDMI mon loses signal

I recently purchased three LG 27EN43 (27") monitors for my sim rig. I've got them hooked up to my ATI HD 7970 in Eyefinity for racing. When I'm using it as normal PC (most the time) I turn eyefinity off. The monitors don't have a DP port, thus I am using an active DP to HDMI cable which works. The problem is when a HDMI or DP monitor loses signal (such as goes to sleep or changes res even) windows just drops it as a display. This results in my other, DVI connected monitors, flickering. To bring it back to normal I turn off all monitors and then turn on a DVI monitor and then the DP to HDMI mon and then the other DVI mon and it's all good. Apparently this is just a feature of HDMI and DVI and if I use a DP to DVI converter the problem goes away (I wish I knew this when I bought the converter. I'd have got a DVI one...)

Anyway, does anyone know how to fix this in CCC or other?

Hmm. Yeah this is a 'feature' of HDMI, and part of the HDCP checking.

I dont know if its still relevant, but back in the day there was a way to enable 'tv mode' on your outputs.

IF its still there, you should be able to tell CCC that all your monitors, are in fact TV's.

IF you manage this, you should be able to tick some form of 'output even if no TV detected'.

Another thing that comes to mind, in CCC, is setting it to 'only detect changes when requested' or something like that.

I'm not on a machine with CCC right now, sorry.

Cheers. I've already looked at all that. No go. It's not a big problem. I'll just go drop another $30 and replace my DP to HDMI for a DP to DVI.