Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

HDMI Transmitter

Does anyone have any experience with Wireless HDMI transmitters? I've seen a few of them on ebay and the like and they sound like the perfect thing to use for lounge room gaming, without having to lug the PC out.

Are they worthwhile or am I better off waiting for SteamOS and hooking a laptop up to the TV?

Edited by NukeJockey

Ive used them.

The EPSON 'w' range of projectors come with them. In Epsons case, they're flawless. Crystal clear and not a bad thing to say.

Some chinese knockoff ones dont pass HDCP handshakes properly, and will not show up protected content no matter how much you sacrifice to its gods.

If you're considering one, I'd probably go from somewhere like Deal Extreme or the like, instead of EBay, so you can get a review or two from people who have bought that exact one.

For the cheapest cost on most stuff like that, try BuyInCoins. Ive bought a bunch of shit from them, from tablets to cables, and their '3 weeks shipping' has always been more like 5 days. I'm very impressed.

Thanks for the info. Looking at pricing, I think I'm just better off waiting for SteamOS and getting some use out of the laptop I've had sitting around for the last few years.