Juggs

New Name. New Singer. New Single.

The past month has been pretty hardcore for us. We had a gig lined up at the end of October, we were to head into the studio to record our new single the two weekends following said gig (a significant financial commitment), and then we had rehearsals for the Neck Wreck festival in Brisbane this weekend.

Of course, that was all thrown into a tailspin when our singer walked out on us during our last rehearsal before the October gig. We toyed around with the concept of sharing the vocal work between guitarists, but that wasn't really a viable option. So we canned both gigs, and focused on getting a new singer for the single.

Enter Angus.

Posted Image

Everyone say "Hi Angus!"

Angus was a fan of the band and a facebook friend of the Ian the guitarist. He was the lead singer of a few bands, but life got in the way. As soon as he saw the (unfortunately) very public behaviour of the singer, he contacted Ian and said he wanted to work with him in a project at some point. Ian informed him that the band was still together, just sans a front man, and asked him to have a crack at the demo for the new single. Could he come up with lyrics within a week?

Angus came through, and 2 weeks ago, recorded the lyrics for our new single: Politricks.

We recorded the single in Wollongong at Main St Studios with Jenk, and it was mastered by Matthew Gray.

This week, Angus confirmed that he's joining the band full time. Then last night, we received the master for the new single which we have posted to Soundcloud. Check it out. It's still got that similar sound, but the vastly different vocal style really adds to the music.

And to wrap it all off, Cheeky and I fly out to Brisbane tonight, a day before we take to the main stage in Brisbane with a guest singer for our last show as Dead Deities at Neck Wreck. I mean, it is only fair that I spend some quality time with Cheeky before the guys arrive in Brisbane ahead of the gig...

It's our first wedding anniversary on Sunday. :)

My personal taste has swung right away from that end of the musical spectrum, but I wish you the very best of luck with it, Juggs!

Gotta wonder why so many more musos and actors seem to think it's acceptable to act like that - especially in public. Maybe it's just more visible.

And congratulations to you and Cheeky, too!

Cheers guys.

Things are certainly looking a lot brighter now. Everyone feels more comfortable, relaxed, and optimistic. Before there were a lot of bit tongues, and jokes about who was next in the cross hairs.

Now we're just talking about a gigging, writing and recording schedule. So much easier.

Artists are so temperamental. :)

Like the song, scared the dog a bit but has a nice energy to it. Hope you make a fortune. :)

Edited by Director

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Have you uploaded anything to JJJ Unearthed? They'll definitely give you some air-play.

Like some of the guys here, "metal" isn't really my thing, but I can hear the quality of musicianship and production. Sounds as good as any other metal I've heard. Well done and good luck!

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Sorry to hear about the troubles, that sucks :-( Glad you guys feel you're in a better place now, though.

Listening now - I likeeeeeee :-) So ripped off about Saturday!!

(And congrats to your good self and Cheeky! :-) )

This is the first time I've listened to your band.

Metal isn't my thing, but I rather like that song. I ought to keep a closer eye on what you guys release.

Glad to hear that you're continuing in success.

Rob.

Edited by robzy

This is the first time I've listened to your band.

Metal isn't my thing, but I rather like that song. I ought to keep a closer eye on what you guys release.

Glad to hear that you're continuing in success.

Rob.

Thanks dude.

I have a slight issue with us being "metal". As far as I am concerned, we're more hard rock than metal. I fear that people who would otherwise dig us, get turned off by the metal tag. I mean, I'm a punk. Not into metal. But I find our music to be closer to post hardcore punk (sans keyboards).

Either way, Cheeky and I are in Brissy now. Mincing around for the day before I get my game face on for tomorrow...

Question: when did Allan's in queen st mall close down, and when the fuck were they going to tell us?!

Should have given me some notice, we could have brunched! :)

Sunday lunch mebbe? We fly out at 1400.

Edited by Juggs

not my cup of tea but I wish you guys all the success in the world.

(then maybe your new singer can get the hand operation he so desperately needs)

;)

knock 'em dead!

I have a slight issue with us being "metal". As far as I am concerned, we're more hard rock than metal. I fear that people who would otherwise dig us, get turned off by the metal tag. I mean, I'm a punk. Not into metal. But I find our music to be closer to post hardcore punk (sans keyboards).

Fair enough, excuse my ignorance :P

Rob.

Nice one, just had a listen and I like it, will keep an eye out for any future threads so let us know when you record a few more things and get em online. I can see what you mean about being more hard rockish than metal, I would liken the level of heavy-ness or metal-ness to something like a7x - not so much stylistically - but i don't think they are really considered metal by most. Still hard to compare to something specific as each band has their own style. Sounds really refined though, pretty great for just a few weeks work. Well done.

I hated the other stuff. Your old singer was a screamer and a bad one at that.

But, this new guy seems a lot better. While it's not my type of music I did listen to the single and didn't mind it.

Certainly more of a chance of me listening to more of the new singer than that other bloke.

Congrats on the big improvement. You'll do a lot better with Angus in my honest opinion.

Good luck with the gigs.

Thanks dude :) That seems to be a common theme from a lot of folk, that they find this more accessible than our older stuff.

I've just been told that the demo for our second single is nearly done, so we'll work on that before heading to the studio to record it. Apparently its as shit hot as the first one, which will be officially released on Dec 10.

Edited by Juggs

Considering how i know you Juggs mate... The fact that he's called Angus, and your fascination with the name Angus for just random crap, I find it funny.

AD