Triggerhappy

Your hobby.

I make jewellery; wire and gemstone is my preferred medium but I'm learning to be flexible :-)

I love to cook and create in the kitchen. I love exploration; hiking, urban. I play music. I write, I keep journals. I like anime and I also like to cosplay a little bit. Then there's yoga and bodywork, but that is not so much a hobby as a framework for living, for me.

that is not so much a hobby as a framework for living, for me.

I have liked the same few things my entire life

* Computers and especially their programming

* Martial arts and strength conditioning

* Formula 1

Those "three" (four if you count strength training and martial arts as two separate things) have defined me since I was 12.

Dicking around with PCs of course, building and re-building. A little bit of RC-heli flying (crashing in my case), bushwalking I love, play a bit of golf which is a great way to ruin a good walk. More recently I've jumped into cooking a bit more, though my cooking is really just assembling what's written down.

Driving. Love going out for drives on the weekend.

I'm big into wargaming and roleplaying. Lord knows the time and cash I've put into the former - I've sold a few armies over the years, but I've had about a half dozen for Warhammer 40k, and more recently have gotten into some skirmish stuff, and now some historical WW2 gaming. Ever since seeing my first military dioramas, the idea of that kind of thing in miniature has fascinated me; a good wargame is basically a living, interactive diorama.

Roleplaying I've been doing now for about 25 years, at least. My current Star Trek game (which I wrote about on the site when it started up) is still going, and write about two-thousand words of notes and plot for each session. I love that hobby, and have made so many great friends through it.

I cook, though not as passionately as a couple of years ago. I write about booze on another blog, so I guess you could say bars are a hobby. And I'm thinking of dipping my toe into cosplay, though more as an extension of roleplaying.

And I paintball a fair bit, too.

my hobby at the moment is trying to win the affections of a girl.

It does involve some fun things like spending time with her, and going out.

It's an expensive hobby.

Hmmm...

Apart from gaming and reading, I've just taken up dance again after nearly a year off. It's good to be back!

Also at the moment I'm sharing a Dwarf Fortress with some fellows over on another forum - it's like passing around a virtual ant farm that sometimes gets invaded by the odd huge hairy leech, winged ravening snail or trolls led by a green-eyed, web-spitting, exoskeletal demon ape.

Blacksmithing (Not as much lately. It's time consuming and you can't do just 5 minutes. Take's half hour to get the forge to temperature. When you spend that long getting started, you feel compelled to do several hours of work/play)

Home-brewing. I grow my own hops. I crush the grain myself (I don't grow and malt the grain though. That's a little too much work)

Marine Fishtank. It's gotten out of hand lately because the phosphates went through the roof due to beginners errors when I first started a few years ago. However, I've nearly one the battle. From approx 8.0ppm PO4 down to 1.0ppm (Aiming for 0.02ppm). However, my strategy is working and by end of year, PO4 should be low enough for me to keep coral alive and healthy. Otherwise, got a breeding pair of black & white clownfish (Darwin Occelaris). When my tank is under-control, I'll start raising the larvae of the clownfish and supply aquacultured clownfish. (To help stop them taking the fish from the reef)

AD

Guest xyzzy frobozz

my hobby at the moment is trying to win the affections of a girl.

It does involve some fun things like spending time with her, and going out.

It's an expensive hobby.

LOL!

Good luck man!

Pinball.

I have been collecting them for about thirty years

Oldest is from 1964,

Newest is 2009

My latest game is Sinbad from about 1977

One if the first solid state machibes

Yep, they do take up space

I will store some of then at my sons place soon

I feel like I am the guy with the most tech on this forum

Edited by TheManFromPOST

Photography is my main thing atm. Board games is also an interest of mine, this also includes card games, print'n'play games and dice games. My favourite games are Ticket to Ride, Zombies!!!, Get Bit and Settlers of Catan. I am currently in the process of making my own board game.

Due to time constraints my main hobby, flying my quadcopter has been put on the backburner.

My new hobby (well for the past six months at least) is walking long distances. My best so far is 21.33 kms, and my average is 9.21 kms.

Not only do I lose weight (22 kgs lost since May 20th), I get to enjoy the country trails and roads.

I quit smoking on May 2nd at 12:05 am, and haven't smoked since, so I think that's helped me maintain my ability to go on long walks.

Pretty neat hobby I think :D

Mentioned before I have a Rolex GMT Master, can't really call it a hobby, been on my wrist for 38 years now.

You have, and I am jealous :P

What bezel does yours have?

Rob.

Mentioned before I have a Rolex GMT Master, can't really call it a hobby, been on my wrist for 38 years now.

Rob.

:)

Didn't I show it to you? Sorry.

24 hour red and blue which is the standard I think. Has been replaced once, too much salt water, faded slightly again.

Cheers

Rob.

Didn't I show it to you? Sorry.

24 hour red and blue which is the standard I think. Has been replaced once, too much salt water, faded slightly again.

Cheers

I had a Rolex once ,it was Original Rolex copy from a Back Alley in Singapore. Only cost $5 too.

Another hobby i had when i was younger is collecting Matchbox covers ,my late Uncle gave me a box of them from Singapore. He was a harbormaster and got some from ships passing through Singapore.

I actually did buy mine in Singapore code, but from the official Rolex shop - don't think a knock off would have lasted 38 years :)

If you still have those matchbook covers, take care of them, cousin of mine used to do that, they are worth a lot of money apparently.

Cheers

I actually did buy mine in Singapore code, but from the official Rolex shop - don't think a knock off would have lasted 38 years :)

If you still have those matchbook covers, take care of them, cousin of mine used to do that, they are worth a lot of money apparently.

Cheers

Some of the early matchboxes where made from wood and those covers i keep in a box in a dark cupboard so they do not fade.

Might have to look into this matchbox thing more .

Now I feel old - those were around when I was a kid, we made toys out of the wood from the empty boxes.

Cheers

Now I feel old - those were around when I was a kid, we made toys out of the wood from the empty boxes.

Cheers

We had the new cardboard ones when I was a kid and all we used to do was fabricate improvised explosives with them.

-X

We had the new cardboard ones when I was a kid and all we used to do was fabricate improvised explosives with them.

-X

That brings back memories. Mostly, pulling a spent match out of my finger after accidentally wrapping one a bit too tight. :P

model aeroplanes (initially free flight, then control line, then r/c gliders, and now electric)

guitar

writing haiku

building and overclocking computers (+/-bling)

more recently, blogging about my aeroplania, including some macrophotography

keeping axolotls, then frogs

used to ride the boogie board a lot, even earlier (before kids) played golf (pretty mediocre)

Disappointed that Scruffy1 didn't write his response as a haiku given his hobbies. :P

But frogs.. What sort of frogs? Wife used to keep dwarf tree frogs, and I want her to get back into it (once finances stabilize. Need her to get a permanent job, rather than her canned govt contract)

AD

eastern red froglets

and littoria fallax

but now they've all croaked

Disappointed that Scruffy1 didn't write his response as a haiku given his hobbies. :P

But frogs.. What sort of frogs? Wife used to keep dwarf tree frogs, and I want her to get back into it (once finances stabilize. Need her to get a permanent job, rather than her canned govt contract)

AD

keeping frogs is as cheap as setting up a terrarium (harvest moss and add a water container)

feeding them is as simple as breeding fruit flies (empty container plus discarded fruit)

finding the frogs is a harder thing