Sign in to follow this  
ladyofbow

Program to test new graphic card ?

Hi there,

What program would be good to test if the graphic card or other parts are working properly ? I bought new system few weeks ago, it was very decent initially but lately the performance become really bad in game. Some people would say it was a virus or malware, so i did reformat it once and it wont fix the problem i have.

I'm using Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 Motherboard. Should i install all drivers from website instead from disc that comes with it ? ( update & outdated reason ) I dont have A-Tuning installed or any utilities from motherboard, because i'm not sure how to use them. Also i have MSI video card, is it necessary to install MSI Gaming APP & Afterburner and run them before starting the game ?

My full system:

Asrock Z87 extreme 4

i5 4670k

8G Kit 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws-Z -Manually set at 2400 in bios - not sure if i'm doing it right

MSI 2GB GTX 770 TF

750W HCG Antec PSU

120GB SSD Samsung

Running at 1920 x 1080 Res 60hz

Game that i have trouble with: Path of Exile - Manage to drop FPS into 0 in party of 3-6 people. Ingame setting med to high, Nvidia setting i just leave it at default.

Then installed WoW: Using Geforce Experience to launch the game - able to play in ultra but friend said its easy to run WoW in ultra. So i would need some free program to do actual testing

Thanks

download the latest 3dmark and link us to your score

you dont need any of those apps running

but make sure you have the latest drivers installed from nvidia for the gtx770

take a screenshot of cpu-z on its ram tab

Edited by Dasa

It's not necessary to have MSI Afterburner running, though it will give useful data like temperatures under load and clockspeeds in game.

As Dasa said, 3DMark is a good test, I would also consider Furmark.

It's always a good idea to be running the latest drivers from the website, I suggest uninstalling your current ones, running a program called CClean (being mindful to view the options, unchecking things you want to keep like browser history etc), then reboot and install the new ones.

performance looks ok

its probably a game bug it may be with the nvidia drivers or maybe sound drivers

could even have something to do with mouse acceleration

try changing the in game settings to something different its possible its just one of them that is mucking it up

im guessing it runs 60fps most the time and you are just getting some stutters?

the game is installed to the ssd?

Edited by Dasa

should be able to set a profile on the memory to get it all clocked the same, my gskills had a pre-set profle i was able to use - rather then manuall setting it.

(just as a side note - i doubt this would have my to do your frame rate probs)

As long as furmark can run for a while without causing errors, and as long as 3Dmark completes with a decent score, you can pretty much just assume it's a driver conflict, as already mentioned above.

Disable all sound devices you dont use (HDMI out?) turn off mouse accel, leave your settings high but put any shadow settings to minimum, if there is a DirectX version option in game, set it to DX9c instead of DX11.

if it still continues, explain the problem to us like we're 1st graders, we need every detail, when where and how this occurs. What specifically happens when it does. and so on.

Yes, i plugged my HDMI to TV and using DVI for monitor, is there any difference in picture quality ?

And i found out what the problem was. Apparently i have to run the game in " Windowed Full Screen Mode " instead " Full screen ". It seems everything work perfectly now, smooth with v-sync on. Before that, I have 5-10 FPS at lowest setting when i was using full screen mode and its unplayable

Silly question, Are u suppose to run game in windowed mode instead full screen like in general ?

Thanks !