Sign in to follow this  
redrob

no desktop theme or background just black.

This started happening after a windows update ,then i tried to do a system restore ,but i still have this annoying problem .Has anyone else had this same problem please.

Windows hasn't decide it is pirated has it? Should say so down bottom right of screen, or in control panel > System.

Otherwise what happens if you right click the desktop and select View > Desktop Icons?

Also tried safe mode, or safe mode with networking? Run any scans with Malwarebytes?

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Hi aliali thanks mate for the reply.hell i hope not it says its activated in system.i got icons ,just no desktop themes and cant get a picture ,a photo to be as a desktop theme background ive tried super anti spyware which i bought a pro version years ago ,spybot search and destroy,malaware bites ,and they found nothing significant.ill try the safe mode with networking and report back .Cheers Rob

stuffed if i know must have been the photo i was trying to put on the desktop .I have seem to have got the built in themes working now thnaks again .Can you have a look at the screen shot i took of my desktop that some of the icons on the desktop are duller than the others please.