Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
reborn

Is importing no longer worth it?

My 360 has been in storage for over 4 months. Which happened to be when all the games I was excited about were released.

I live comfortably through this gaming drought with the knowledge that by the time I get my console back I'll be able to import these games on the cheap.

So I check out my beloved Play Asia today - for the first time in months - and to my horror it seems to be cheaper just buying them from JB Hifi.

Is importing to save money no longer a viable option? Is anybody still importing, if so, where from?

I work at JB Hifi, so I never really bothered with importing, although there were times I wish I had since I knew it was cheaper to get it from websites like play-asia and a few others.

At the moment it's not worth importing. At least until the dollar starts doing better against the other currencies.

I work at JB Hifi, so I never really bothered with importing.

Stop importing games, and start importing my CDs that are from over seas that no-one stocks, and then telling me I'll have to wait for ages.... (still haven't got a reply from my JB-HIFI regarding my CDs :(

You can't buy uncut games in Australia, no matter how good the dollar is. And since GTAIV comes to PC in a few weeks, I'll be importing regardless.

The easy answer is when the exchange rate is poor, than importing is pointless.

If our dollar becomes useful again, then viva cheap games.