Sign in to follow this  
Nich...

Want a physical keyboard for your phone, without using a BB?

It's every bit as small as the screen-based KBs we already have. You'd probably want to use a pen or stylus to operate it which kinda defeats the purpose.

A better idea IMO would have been one on a hinge that operates in landscape and occupies most of the physical space of the phone ... pretty much like what ali just linked to.

It's every bit as small as the screen-based KBs we already have. You'd probably want to use a pen or stylus to operate it which kinda defeats the purpose.

A better idea IMO would have been one on a hinge that operates in landscape and occupies most of the physical space of the phone ... pretty much like what ali just linked to.

A real KB is tactile though, and I never had any issues with my big thumbs.

I have never liked SW keyboards as much as the HW keyboard in my Nokia N900...

In saying that I just bought a BB Z10 for $310 NZ, its the best SW keyboard I have used so far.

The issue for me is size, not feel when it comes to phone kbs.

For a tablet, sure, a proper feeling kb is nice because you actually use them for productivity work like WP or maybe even doing some programming while on the go.

But for a phone it's mainly sporadic use like texts or taking quick notes.

Then of course in both cases there's games, emulation and the like - but there's all manner of solutions for that, not to mention some gaping niche markets just begging to be tapped.

In saying that I just bought a BB Z10 for $310 NZ, its the best SW keyboard I have used so far.

Isnt it though?

I just got a Q10 and physical FTW :D

Though if they start releasing these for a cyanogen compatible android phone, It might win me back. But it'd take a lot....