twents

BF4 max out cpu

Yeah as i noticed today that in the performance monitor thing in windows 8 that battlefield 4 maxes out my cpu, its overclocked to 4.6ghz and the game runs perfectly fine although no idea how many fps im running it feels the same as BF3 which i was getting around the 100 mark.

Is this a good excuse to upgrade next year?

So... your game is running fine with no complaints, and you wanna upgrade it? Why?

I can see the reasoning if you want an upgrade for upgrade's sake, but if your PC is doing everything you want it to now it doesn't sound like you need to spend money.

Try a program like FRAPS, MSI Afterburner's Rivatuner Statistics feature is an alternative, there are likely others that will show FPS in-game. Afterburner is also good because it can log the CPU utilisation, so you can see if the CPU's at 100% all the time or only peaking every now and then.

So... your game is running fine with no complaints, and you wanna upgrade it? Why?

Moar FPS!!!

I think thats the thing i miss most is looking forward to the next big chip like in the old days, i used to love doubling or even tripling my power.

In that case, do what I do, upgrade for the fun and sell the old :-)

Edited by gamble