Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Sturmgeist

Have you ever seen this many active storm warnings?

I went to BOM just before and saw this

Posted Image

This is the most storms I've seen active ever, just thought I'd share

Edited by Sturmgeist

There's a pretty big storm going through SE QLD at the moment that's for sure...

Posted Image

Edited by twinair

I reckon - just like a few days ago - the people of Queensland will be saying a bit more than damn tomorrow morning...

Hmm,

Several of those look to have splintered off from the biggee few days ago, but, it's an interesting question.

BOM both upgraded their radars and their site not so long ago, and if I recall correctly there has been a small change in storm definitions as well.

Makes it difficult to say really, but a lot of those are heading out into farming country, good rains :)

Cheers

I can hear it rumbling outside, and she doesn't sound happy. The thunder is shaking the earth in Surfers Paradise, and we're not even under the heavy part.

Edited by reborn

Sitting in it (Highfields, outside of Toowoomba Sturmy :))

Pissing down right now, lightning and thunder all around.

Here's to some good water lying around tomorrow :D

Sitting in it (Highfields, outside of Toowoomba Sturmy :))

Pissing down right now, lightning and thunder all around.

Here's to some good water lying around tomorrow :D

Yes im sitting just at the bottom of the range on the northern side near murphys creek lots of rain here though it was nice and fine enough for me to go out and shoot today on my day off and chase some deer! now im done having fun it can rain all it wants.

Not sure that the people in bits of Brisvegas really need rain in their houses again though :-/ My sister-in-law's house in The Gap currently has most of the living room ceiling on the living room floor, except the bits that went down the street. And I believe their back shed is on their front fence.

So please, Frizzl, try and hold those clouds over your place until they rain out, yeah? Not much to stop it heading east once it comes down off the range at Toowoomba.

stoopid rain woke me up. It's absolutely pissing down here.

I've been keeping an eye on this all afternoon. The storms are not of the same calibre as those of Sunday - just heavy, soaking rain... not nasty hail & winds this time...

Fenn - your poor sister-in-law :(

that is the sad plight for lots of people in The Gap at the moment. The SES have been going nuts to try to help folks get their valuables under cover and secured & the electrickery board said that all but 100 homes will have power restored by tonight, that is except for the houses where restoring power is simply too dangerous. The Gap looks like a war zone, they closed Waterworks road today (and tomorrow I'm told) from 9-3 so that clean-up can be largely uninterrupted - save for buses and local traffic - excellent idea IMHO

oh dear, laying in bed, just had heavy downpour and I can hear out gutters overflowing :(

must get someone to brave the rooftop and take a gander when it fines up

Its storming in Sydney right now too, but not as bad as it is in QLD, no where near as bad lol.

I nearly shat myself a few moments ago, a bolt of lightning hit a tree across the road, i was watching TV in the living room and suddenly the room fills with light and im like "ohh shiiiit" and then a second later BAM!!!!! goes the thunder. The kitty is freaking out, and ive let the puppy come sleep indoors tonight.

And lol, i just checked the Sydney radar, im in the red zone, heavy rain area, moving out to sea.

Look out Sydney. Hot damn one whole half of the radar is blue.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR033.loop.shtml

Enjoy your crappy low res non doplar radar!

If you've got better, hook us up.

for those playing at home:

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.loop.shtml

and to compare the old radar with the upgraded one you just saw:

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.loop.shtml

Sydney is of similiar quality to that of the Marburg radar (second one)

:D

and as I typed this, it looks like Marburg has copped a lightning strike!

not sure if it is working for anyone else, but it is frozen on my screen

Edited by Myra`Jai

Yeah.......pretty mild, although noisy.

Looks like it'll be gone soon.

About half an inch in it I reckon.