chrisg

'Tis the season... for burglars...

:)

I called Pleb a halfwit recently, he and Twinny make a sort of wit together, although dead guinea pig I think it was was not their smartest move :)

I'm not a person who shrinks away from judicious use of violence is all, and I'm a non-active unarmed combat instructor who served a lot of years in the mil, all of which is worthless if you happen to be asleep :)

Cheers

Not sure what an alarm is going to do, honestly, if you're always home anyway. PIRs will bet set off by people inside, break sensors on windows can be set off by noise/wind.

It'd probably be a better investment to get decent locks for your windows, if they're that easily, and quietly, forced.

I'm not a person who shrinks away from judicious use of violence is all, and I'm a non-active unarmed combat instructor who served a lot of years in the mil, all of which is worthless if you happen to be asleep :)

Thankfully there's usually something getting in the way of your judiciousness.

I don't really either Nich, but it keeps the wife and the insurance company happy to have an alarm - useful if you are out that's about all.

The windows have locks, I've beefed them up today, we haven't been here long and I had not realised the frames had some flex so you could pop the bolt. I should have, they rattle in the wind sometimes, not a new house by any means. Some of the old dowel trick fixes it, can still pop the lock, can't slide the window.

I'm not likely to lose sleep over it, burglary is just a fact of life, annoying, that's about all.

Cheers

I'm not likely to lose sleep over it, burglary is just a fact of life, annoying, that's about all.

Cheers

An burglars are just like mosquitos. Ripe for the squashing by the people's fist.

Key'd drop bolts. With multiple points drilled into frame to allow the window to be locked whilst fully closed, and locked when open 1 inch.

Doesn't matter if they can flex a frame. If you've got a bolt going 15 - 20mm down into the frame, they have to smash the window. THAT makes noise. In which case it'd wake you. If you're not home, have alarm system (PIR etc). It will be armed in this case because you're not home.

If you don't want them to get in via windows, get armoured fly-screens. (eg. Crim-safe. I don't work for, don't install, nor make any money from that product. It's just a popular brand with a good rep).

AD

If you don't want them to get in via windows, get armoured fly-screens. (eg. Crim-safe. I don't work for, don't install, nor make any money from that product. It's just a popular brand with a good rep).

Also, look at reglazing with toughened laminated glass. Got it here, and the one time anyone has tried breaking in he tried to throw a small garden boulder (a bit larger than a soccer ball) through the window; it sounded like a cannon shot, bounced the rock back into the garden, and still had enough integrity to keep him out.

This may crash the forum - did last time I tried to post it ;)

This is a rental - has locked dropbolts AD, but on investigation they "dropped" about 5mm... bit of chat to locals - passing through fuckwits a few years back...all fixed, bit of liquid steel and re-drill, full bolt length now.

I had full on security screens at the old place, be about $2k here, for a rental ?

I think an electric fence on the drive is FAR more sensible, that or claymores :)

Eh, fuck'em, not going to mess with our Christmas, gene pool needs more chlorine, Twinny and Pleb needs to get out and bask - they's fun :)

Cheers

I'm glad you didn't actually catch them in the act. One punch and you'd have been forced to look after a kebab store.

And then the cops would show up and have to give your their guns.

Probably for the best.

I'm so sure you can find a short pier and take a long walk off it...

I have other things to deal with that make this nothing but a blip... See other thread about to be put up

Cheers