Sir_Substance

[ADL] Rolling dinner meet

Hey guys. Since we are clearly overdue for a meet, Beardmaster and I have schemed to run an afternoon/evening grub meet.

Beardmaster has opened his house to us from mid afternoon onwards on friday, we're gonna do a barbecue.

Meat is provided, BYOB, bring salad if you want it.

All happening 24th of Jan (friday afternoon/evening), PM beardmaster if you need the address.

Hey guys. Since we are clearly overdue for a meet, Beardmaster and I have schemed to run an afternoon/evening grub meet.

Beardmaster has opened his house to us from mid afternoon onwards on friday, we're gonna do a barbecue.

Meat is provided, BYOB, bring salad if you want it.

All happening 24th of Jan (friday afternoon/evening), PM beardmaster if you need the address.

All of the above is true, Subs isn't planning a home invasion using you all as bait.

However he failed to mention that salad will be looked upon as cowardly, for meat is glorious. Expect large amounts of drinking (from me at least), a beer horn, funnel and other feats of alcoholic engineering will be available upon request.

Feel free to bring a partner in crime or three, just try to get numbers to me ASAP, or at least by around the 20th, so I make sure we don't starve.

You are all encouraged to grow beards, or failing that wear a funny hat.

However he failed to mention that salad will be looked upon as cowardly, for meat is glorious.

I may have to bring some of the famous family potato salad, and make you eat those words!

However he failed to mention that salad will be looked upon as cowardly, for meat is glorious.

I may have to bring some of the famous family potato salad, and make you eat those words!

I shall be much too busy eating meat to eat words.

24th, eh? I'll see - that end of the month is unaccustomedly rather busy, by my standards.

It is indeed a well-overdue happening, and may well be my last opportunity to meet the ADL locals.

24th, eh? I'll see - that end of the month is unaccustomedly rather busy, by my standards.

It is indeed a well-overdue happening, and may well be my last opportunity to meet the ADL locals.

It's now also a totally unauthorised going away party, so feel obligated to come and partay. Ill even lend you a viking hat if you want.

I'll attend (after work)

I will bring a pasta salad (not sure if it counts as salad when there is more bacon than veg in it)

Looks like I have a slot. Thank ghu for heat-stressed photographers.

So, can I get a lift with someone going that way, or do I need to arrange my own?

Looks like I have a slot. Thank ghu for heat-stressed photographers.

So, can I get a lift with someone going that way, or do I need to arrange my own?

Huzzah! If you can't find a lift man, let me know and I'll do a turbo driveby while praying the house doesn't burn down.

I can give you a lift, but due to work commitments, it'd be 6:30-7ish

Huzzah! The house just listed!

Photos look awesome: I live here already, and they make me want to buy the place! ;) That's some photographer.

Thanks for the offer, Stadl. I'll let you know soon.

Sorry meant to jump on and post earlier.

Thanks Beardmaster (and Ms B) for hosting and providing fine food - the BBQ and cupcakes were great

Was great to catch up with people again and meet a few new people too.

I am also remiss in not posting sooner. Many thanks for the malt. Thanks and appreciation for the gustatory delights of the day. :)

Things are looking stellar atm as far as the sale goes, but even if someone signs the papers today, I'll be here for about 2 months judging by the experiences of most people I've spoken to.

Things are looking stellar atm as far as the sale goes, but irregardless if someone signs the papers today, I'll be here for about 2 months judging by the experiences of most people I've spoken to.

Fixed :P

It was a pleasure having you guys over, glad you liked the feed. We'll have to do another meet sooner, rather than later. I'm thinking a minimum of every 3 months or so.

Settlement on this place is in April, at the latest. If it ain't before then, you gonna have a looong drive ahead of you. ;)

Settlement on this place is in April, at the latest. If it ain't before then, you gonna have a looong drive ahead of you. ;)

I've done Adelaide to Brisbane in 2 days. I think I can manage a short trip out bush ;)

I think we could manage both.

I've done Adelaide to Brisbane in 2 days. I think I can manage a short trip out bush ;)

I loved driving, and I've done similar. That said, a 5 hour drive is not a short trip. ;)