Sign in to follow this  
bowlen

Keychain Password

I have a client who is using a MacBook Pro (in fact they're all using Macs at the office), which are on a domain (and they're logging in with domain user accounts). A user is constantly getting a prompt for a Keychain passowrd, but the problem is that she has no idea what this would be. I woudl assume she set it to the same as her AD password when she first got the mac, but then of course with password expiry, she would have changed the AD password and forgotten the keychain passowrd.

Is there anyway I can get around this on the mac?

For reference, I managed to get around this by just deleting the Keychain and starting again (with a new password).

I guess that isn't too much of an inconvenience, as all you have to do is re-type your saved passwords. But the silly thing is that you had to set your new keychain to your current logon password. It didn't allow me to set it to anything else other than the user's logon password, which will have to be changed in the next few months, and she is going to forget about it.

derp

yeah, its easier to use some other form of network sharing with password authentification than direct domain accounts when it comes to macs on a windows domain.

I'm sure its POSISBLE, but as a mainly windows guy, armed with google, I couldnt figure it out.

I just ended up documenting the specific user's keychain password under our client docco so when she forgets it again, I will have it on record!