Sign in to follow this  
spyder

Logmein No longer free

(Figured Networking was the best place - mods please move as appropriate)

Today, LogMeIn is no longer free for use. Despite several indications that "LogMeIn is free and will always be free", they have now stopped free access as of today. And the email notification of this change went out TODAY.

A thread on their forums has summed up the reaction. http://community.logmein.com/t5/Free/Chang...ree/td-p/107089

To give next to no notification of this sort of change is very poor form. Understand that they are a company and need to make money, but to give their users almost no time to transition to something else is very poor form.

I was using the free version. I don't need any functions of the Pro version, and the pricing is way too high for what I need. But it is the way this has been handled is what has browned me off totally. Teamviewer is now my option.

Yup if you hadn't said TeamViewer i would have suggested it.

It's pretty damn poor form to have switched off free access that quickly and without ample notice.

I love Team-viewer but the built in remote desktop, if password protected and routed on a port other than 3389 is safe and secure as well as free. If its good enough to control servers in a commercial environment.

Also there are Android and iOS free secure apps by M$

Teamviewer is not really free they wont let you use if from a domain for long.

I love Team-viewer but the built in remote desktop, if password protected and routed on a port other than 3389 is safe and secure as well as free. If its good enough to control servers in a commercial environment.

Also there are Android and iOS free secure apps by M$

Teamviewer is not really free they wont let you use if from a domain for long.

The main issue with RDP and other protocols like it is that you need to forward any ports and open any firewalls in between for it.

TeamViewer was easier for us accessing some workstations in the office than fucking about with having to open all of the hardware in between or doing reverse port forwarding.

ammyy continues to be the easiest. Its why the scammers jumped onboard; gave the program a bad reputation, but afaik its a perfectly legit app, being used for unfriendly purposes (hello, this is microsoft support, please pay us)

I moved away from LogMeIn a few years ago as a paying customer who had horrible service from the company. I ended up in nearly a 12 month billing dispute.

I moved to Team Viewer. First with their free service but now paid for. Absolutely love it.