Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Mademan

Some Photos

Nice. Welcome aboard and glad to see a new face and thread :) The 1st would be more interesting with a b&w treatment I'd think. 2nd is my pick of the bunch.

Thanks for the feedback. I did look at doing a B&W version of the first shot, but decided the colour of the late afternoon sun was more interesting, and the B&W experiments were too flat.

Well I'm glad to have inspired you :)

BTW there are several more shots on my deviantArt gallery here, the first shot in this thread is the last of the most recent stuff.

Well I'm kinda sick of Melbourne, so let's trade :)

WHAT!!!!!!! how can you be sick of melbourne lol

there is like never ending list of awesome places to eat and drink coffee at, if it wasn't for the weather i'd probably moved down there lol

Well I'm kinda sick of Melbourne, so let's trade :)

WHAT!!!!!!! how can you be sick of melbourne lol

there is like never ending list of awesome places to eat and drink coffee at, if it wasn't for the weather i'd probably moved down there lol

well, the weather is one very good reason not to go back...

Nice. Welcome aboard and glad to see a new face and thread :) The 1st would be more interesting with a b&w treatment I'd think. 2nd is my pick of the bunch.

I disagree. I *hate* the whole blurred people thing. But that's really just personal preference. I like the first one just how it is, especially with the black border. And the last one is fantastic. Subjectivity can be a bitch when it comes to criticism ;)

-X

I disagree. I *hate* the whole blurred people thing. But that's really just personal preference. I like the first one just how it is, especially with the black border. And the last one is fantastic. Subjectivity can be a bitch when it comes to criticism ;)

-X

Well I guess two out of three ain't bad ;)

Here's some more

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks gabber, you mean the yellow one? I think that was the most effort I've put into a shot, it took three different days to get it right. The first day I was just looking for a new location to shoot, and saw the quality of the light and imagined how it would look with a telephoto lens, and a bird just so happened to fly into the frame when I was shooting. But I didn't get the composition right, and the bird was too far away. So I went back the next time to get it right, but there was no birds in sight, so it ended up being third times the charm, and about 300 frames to sort through.

[edit]Just realized you were probably talking about the security camera >.< [/edit]

Edited by Mademan

Thanks bbf, you mean the guy walking out of the circle? Yeah I shot that at uni from about 8 floors up. Would've liked better lighting and more people, but I think it still turned out well in the end.

Thanks bbf, you mean the guy walking out of the circle? Yeah I shot that at uni from about 8 floors up. Would've liked better lighting and more people, but I think it still turned out well in the end.

I like that one. It's very minimalist and geometric.

-X

So I tried my hand at a bit of "fashion" photography. I use the word "fashion" very loosely, I was really just looking for a way to take my rigid and geometric style of photography, and apply it to a shot where a person is the main subject. The process took a lot longer, both because of work commitments on both sides, classic Melbourne weather, and the limitations of my camera kit, but in the end still got some shots I'm pretty happy with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Purchased a new Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8, took it out for a test the other week...

Posted Image

1/1000 @ f/4

Posted Image

1/350 @ f/4

Posted Image

1/125 @ f/4

Edited by Mademan

Dug back through the first load of shots I took with my new Panasonic 35-100mm, decided this deserved a look.

Posted Image

f/8 @ 1/180sec, 89mm (178mm equiv.)

Went down to Port Melbourne this evening, a shot of the old lighthouse near the dock for the Spirit of Tasmania

Posted Image

f/5.6 @ 1/500sec, 89mm (178mm equiv)

Was actually wanting to test out my new Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8, didn't get anything worth shooting wide :(