Chaos.Lady

Roll Call!

How long ago did you join Atomic forums?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. It doesn't have to be exact, just an estimate is okay!

• Less than 3 months
    • Less than 6 months
    • Less than 1 year
    • Somewhere from 1 year to 3 years
    • Somewhere from 3 years to 5 years
    • Over 5 years
    • Over 10 years

We are talking about it MS.

Problem is that forgetting all the identifying details about an account makes it very hard! :P

damn facebook.

Making even the old regulars turn their back on something that gave them so much and asked nothing in return but using their URL instead of Facebook.

My literal hatred is palpable.

I can't speak for anyone else, but it wasn't facebook that made me choose to leave this place.

I only popped my head in because apparently there was an Atomic Meet and it looks like no one showed up (Two people contacted me because they knew I worked in the area).

All I'm contributing now is nostalgia. Anything I modify now (Computers, body mods, arcade sticks etc.) I post elsewhere.

• Like 2

I didn't migrate to Facebook. I left because there was little tying me here. The community feeling changed, it became insular - The same voices arguing the same thing in the same fashion, and no real inclusion of ideas, with genuine questioning getting shot down, and ideology, and aggressive/domineering styles ruling the day. In addition, the nature of the magazine changed dramatically, and it lacked the subjects I would want to see.
So, if anything, I migrated to Reddit. Most of my social circle and good friends are Atomicans, and Facebook helped facilitate that. I see a few who refuse to Facebook, and I miss a few more. But there's little pressing reason to come to Atomic any more.

Edited by VannA
  • Like 1

no idea when I first registered. but it was just before V2 rolled in. I remember being somewhat pissed off that I dropped from Guru to Champion or something when the updated rank system came in too. I think that there should be a 6144 rank to make up for my imagined slight... :P

I remember being warned a few times and escaping a couple bans due to brilliantly understanding moderators realising I was just a dumb-arse. I remember heated discussions with people I disliked and people I thought were silver-spoon fed turds who hadn't experienced an economically tough time in their lives commenting on my own life like they were an authority because they or their family were much more affluent than most.

Eh, I also took quite some time off from the forums - years in fact - while those people and a lot of group think in their style was going on. There seems to be a bit more balanced now and I am happy to return. Atomic was always my forum home.

Edit - speelingk.

Edited by g0t.w00t?

I didn't migrate to Facebook. I left because there was little tying me here. The community feeling changed, it became insular - The same voices arguing the same thing in the same fashion, and no real inclusion of ideas, with genuine questioning getting shot down, and ideology, and aggressive/domineering styles ruling the day. In addition, the nature of the magazine changed dramatically, and it lacked the subjects I would want to see.

So, if anything, I migrated to Reddit. Most of my social circle and good friends are Atomicans, and Facebook helped facilitate that. I see a few who refuse to Facebook, and I miss a few more. But there's little pressing reason to come to Atomic any more.

Glad I can give you something in Community Events though. :P

WB Vanna

AD

Ah, Atomic! Where the pedantry...something something. ;P

Good to see you around again, VannA! Are you sure this is where you meant to be going? ;)

• Like 1

I've popped in again... Not entirely sure how long since my last post, but here I am :) Hope you have all been well...

I just... floated away. I was a different person back when I sunk all possible free-time here than I am now. That's not a bad thing, it just is what it is :)

The mods will get your old account back.

or provide 'favors' for hawkeye. He's very open minded.

Woo hoo! I am back in now thanks MS.

About bloody time. You bring a note?

The mods will get your old account back.

or provide 'favors' for hawkeye. He's very open minded.

Woo hoo! I am back in now thanks MS.

Ho-ly shit.

Jeffery Spaghetti lives!

• Like 1

Yep, I just checked ...

Happy Bloody Birthday Cybes !!

edit: ahh fuck it ...checked and still got it wrong :(

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

Yep, I just checked ...

Haha, I did wonder! :)

Edited by stuub27

Heh - you were just a little early, is all. I'm a midnight baby. ;)

And thank you!

Heh - you were just a little early, is all. I'm a midnight baby. ;)

And thank you!

It's been a bit of a week here, was sure yesterday was today ! :D

Please be enjoying your day Cybes.

Yep, I just checked ...

Haha, I did wonder! :)

A pity I didn't ... wonder that is :)

10+ yrs, unless you subtract a six year ban from the total.

And we still think you are a cunt.

*Can confirm - am still a cunt.