Chaos.Lady

Roll Call!

How long ago did you join Atomic forums?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. It doesn't have to be exact, just an estimate is okay!

• Less than 3 months
    • Less than 6 months
    • Less than 1 year
    • Somewhere from 1 year to 3 years
    • Somewhere from 3 years to 5 years
    • Over 5 years
    • Over 10 years

Who can I hit up to get access to my old account? I haven't had access to my hotmail for years.

:edit: nvm figured it out

Edited by liv2

I honestly can't remember the first time I made an account ... I think it was at the end of V1 ... seems SOOOOOOOOOOO long ago now!

V1 was soooooo long ago. Housholds had watchdragons to keep them safe!

Darklords ran wild in the street

I remember the times when topics wouldn't stay on the front page for more than a couple of hours.

Now tumble weeds pass faster *sigh*

I remember the times when topics wouldn't stay on the front page for more than a couple of hours.

I remember... I have mixed feelings about that. The life was nice. But it was a PITA keeping track of anything if you didn't live here 24/7.

I remember... I have mixed feelings about that. The life was nice. But it was a PITA keeping track of anything if you didn't live here 24/7.

Having a life was overrated.

Wow, Im the only person on the forum ATM, I rembember this place never had less that 100 people online at any time. What happend.

Wow, Im the only person on the forum ATM, I rembember this place never had less that 100 people online at any time. What happend.

Facebook happened. So I'm led to believe, anyway - that appears to be where everyone went. Just us fb-Luddites and hardcases left.

Ooo - the old-timey faces keep on showing up!

Welcome back Athlon, ASUSinator, and moofactory!

• Like 1

I just realised that 2008 is when this forum says I joined. I have been on Atomic since at least 2004 though. Anyone remember when I actually joined ? =P

So thought I would pop in and see who is still around.

Joined 2008.

Hai guiz!

Edited by ASUSanator

You'd have to troll through the archives, everyone pre 2008 has the wrong join date because of the migration to v3.

• Like 1

You'd have to troll through the archives, everyone pre 2008 has the wrong join date because of the migration to v3.

Been a long time since I touched any code, but I still think it should be possible (potentially even easy), at least in principal, to write a 'bot to harvest first-sighted dates from the archive and write those into the new site's db. I have no idea of the involved files' structure or encryption.

It's been over 10 years but I don't come here much anymore, just lurk occaisionally. I think the paywall and change from General chat to Green Room and the whole Otamic think drove me away.

Or maybe I moved to Facebook and never came back even when I stopped using facebook.

• Like 2

yeah I bounce around FB, Twitter, and a few other forums each dedicated to my various interests.

It's been over 10 years but I don't come here much anymore, just lurk occaisionally. I think the paywall and change from General chat to Green Room and the whole Otamic think drove me away.

Or maybe I moved to Facebook and never came back even when I stopped using facebook.

Defiantly been a long time since i've been back here... so many known past names.

ohai grommet, ltns!

hai Nich

In a few months it will be a year.

----EDIT----

I just looked at the poll and I am the only one who has less than one year or lower :P It will be exact three months tomorrow until it has been a year...funny...feels like it has been longer...

Edited by SonOfNoddy
  • Like 2

In a few months it will be a year.

----EDIT----

I just looked at the poll and I am the only one who has less than one year or lower :P It will be exact three months tomorrow until it has been a year...funny...feels like it has been longer...

I'm afraid we're a stagnant (if not actually dying) community. Whilst we're all glad to have someone else to talk to, I at least have to wonder if you'd have stopped here on your own without a little influence from Noddy sr. ;) Lord knows we have issues hanging on to old members, let alone attracting new ones.

• Like 1

I probably would have stumbled onto this forum eventually, probably not at the time that I did, but I would have...I keep trying to get new people to join, but the only person who I know that would be interested in this kind of forum said no, his reason was because he was already part of the LinusTechTips forums and the reddit /r/buildapc...in my opinion that is the worst excuse I have seen in a LONG time. Whatever, maybe I can bring back a dying community? BAH! Probably not, but still a thought :)

• Like 1

I probably would have stumbled onto this forum eventually, probably not at the time that I did, but I would have...I keep trying to get new people to join, but the only person who I know that would be interested in this kind of forum said no, his reason was because he was already part of the LinusTechTips forums and the reddit /r/buildapc...in my opinion that is the worst excuse I have seen in a LONG time. Whatever, maybe I can bring back a dying community? BAH! Probably not, but still a thought :)

Same here. The mates I had that would have found this place appropriate weren't interested - and they've all drifted off to other corners of the world now anyway. So have I, for that matter. ;p

I like your chutzpah though. :)

• Like 1