Chaos.Lady

Roll Call!

How long ago did you join Atomic forums?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. It doesn't have to be exact, just an estimate is okay!

• Less than 3 months
    • Less than 6 months
    • Less than 1 year
    • Somewhere from 1 year to 3 years
    • Somewhere from 3 years to 5 years
    • Over 5 years
    • Over 10 years

I like your chutzpah though. :)

I am not familiar with this word "chutzpah", could you explain it? Because sometimes the dictionary explains things to complicated for me, and you just need someone to explain it in laymans terms (it is the same thing when I am trying to speed-learn a new thing in python because I need it done fast and most of the websites and tutorials that are out there require you to read for 30 mins before you even start to learn...)

---edit---

Just to prove my point about finding atomic by my self, for my entire life I have been brought up around google products (e.g. Chrome, google mail, google drive ect.) excluding android. Now the only thing I use google anything for is my school email, a search engine and my old emails (which I rarely use anymore, mainly for steam), I mainly use apple products (e.g. Safari, iCloud [i use pretty much everything on iCloud except for pages, numbers, keynote, reminders and iCloud drive because it syncs with my mac and my phone] and IOS) and Microsoft (e.g. Onenote, Onedrive, Xbox360, Windows, Word, Power Point, and Excel [i only use the Office Suite for things Onenote can't do]) So you can see that what I was brought up on and encouraged to use, I have mostly moved away from. Sorry if this bores you but I had to kind of confirm my statement.

Edited by SonOfNoddy

I am not familiar with this word "chutzpah", could you explain it?

Simply put: "balls". It has quite a lot more nuance than that, and seems to have quite a lot more negative connotation now than when I picked it up, but you can substitute that word for my statement.

• Like 1

*cough* - Um, hi

I'll try to post here more often, but not spam as much as I used to. And less crap as I'm older now (I look over my old posts and think "Jesus christ, how fscking drunk was I!?")

Edited by Khirareq
  • Like 4

a text message from a fellow atomican reminded me that i haven't visited here in a loooong time....

i'm sorry and i miss yal atomicans!

• Like 1

(I look over my old posts and think "Jesus christ, how fscking drunk was I!?")

Occasionally, we wondered that too. ;) Already responded to a few other posts here, so "WB" kinda goes without saying.

a text message from a fellow atomican reminded me that i haven't visited here in a loooong time....

i'm sorry and i miss yal atomicans!

Ah, so an 'absence anniversary' and another imminent departure from the local group are all that's required, huh? Not hard to arrange at all, there! ;P Good to see you again, Trkstr!

Ah, so an 'absence anniversary' and another imminent departure from the local group are all that's required, huh? Not hard to arrange at all, there! ;P Good to see you again, Trkstr!

another departure/. whuuuuuuu?

thanks!

another departure/. whuuuuuuu?

thanks!

My, you have been living under a rock! ;) Tim/Subby is heading off to Iceland to live - working for CCP (EVE Online).

• Like 1

My, you have been living under a rock! ;) Tim/Subby is heading off to Iceland to live - working for CCP (EVE Online).

yes. it's a vast rock...

i'm sure i'll hear all about it this weekend! but wow! that's pretty cool! Things sure have changed in the last little while.

*cough* - Um, hi

The Fuck? Dooooooood you is still about? Welcome back.

Hope you have been avoiding funny tasting tap water and low flying ceiling fans.

:-)

• Like 1

Work was quiet so I figured why not poke my head back in here. I came back to find my avatar changed and that made me sad.

• Like 1

Work was quiet so I figured why not poke my head back in here. I came back to find my avatar changed and that made me sad.

Well hi thar, almost mossed your pist.

• Like 1

*cough* - Um, hi

I'll try to post here more often, but not spam as much as I used to. And less crap as I'm older now (I look over my old posts and think "Jesus christ, how fscking drunk was I!?")

Long time no see. IIRC we share a last name, but yours is spelled correctly ;)

• Like 1

*Putting hand up to indicate a status of not dead*

First time in the green room in a while though.. Still lurk on the odd occasion.. kinda...

• Like 3

I remember the green slushy

Out of my mind back in 5 minutes

Edited by mm80x
  • Like 1

Out of my mind back in 5 minutes

I have that on a t-shirt. I never cease to be amazed how many people think I'm original and clever for it - I first heard that jokelet a clear decade before I saw the shirt, and neither were my idea.

• Like 3

My old username was Shrewd (http://archive.atomicmpc.com.au/viewdetails.asp?u=25840 ) and I'm a 10+ year-er. This second account I made a good 5-6 years ago, after I accidentally locked myself out of my Shrewd account forever... :( I honestly can't remember how or why, but it was probably something angst-related.

Great to see a lot of old names too! Lots of good memories and a few points knocked off my GPA because of my Atomic days :)

And yes, I'm not exactly 'active' anymore per se, but I pop back in every once in a while and have a look around.

My old username was Shrewd

And yes, I'm not exactly 'active' anymore per se, but I pop back in every once in a while and have a look around.

/waves

Not that I recall 'speaking' with you much at the time, sorry to say... But it's nice to see old Names making a reappearance now and again - a reminder for both of us that we're not dead quite yet. ;)

Good Lord. So many familiar names here. It's awesome to see the old Atomic forums are thriving and the regulars all still haunt the halls of this establishment.

Also - my avatar is looking kinda small in classic 64x64. :P

Good Lord. So many familiar names here. It's awesome to see the old Atomic forums are thriving and the regulars all still haunt the halls of this establishment.

Also - my avatar is looking kinda small in classic 64x64. :P

Lordy! Been a While since I saw you about the place. Welcome back! For however long the stay.

What is this place? Is this some sort of computer forum?

/snort Says the guy with over three thousand posts.

'Fraid I don't recognise your name, but you've obviously been here once or twice before. ;p

Joined the forums when issue 1 was still on the shelf's, member # 1300 ish from memory, I check back in here every few years ;-)

Hex!? Now there is a blast from the past :o)

Like a wizard. Just not a very good one.