Chaos.Lady

Roll Call!

How long ago did you join Atomic forums?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. It doesn't have to be exact, just an estimate is okay!

• Less than 3 months
    • Less than 6 months
    • Less than 1 year
    • Somewhere from 1 year to 3 years
    • Somewhere from 3 years to 5 years
    • Over 5 years
    • Over 10 years

I'm similar in that regard, I usually step out of the way to let people past, its funny when you come across someone else who does the same thing, so you both keep stepping aside as you approach each other and more often than not end up looking like morons and ending up in each others path.

LOL, I do the same and have feelings around it that are similar.

The difference is I'm 5'7" and 67kg, so I have little chance of some larger people giving way to me :D

If it helps any, I would notice ya' size and give way to ya' :P

haha. why thankyou. But I'd probably have already moved and then be cursing you :p

LOL :)

I'm similar in that regard, I usually step out of the way to let people past, its funny when you come across someone else who does the same thing, so you both keep stepping aside as you approach each other and more often than not end up looking like morons and ending up in each others path.

haha....been in that situation, and yeah, it can end up looking like part of a three stooges skit!

Around July 2001 I think. Fuck, that's a long time.

I have been,

POTM winner

Hero

Superhero

shit stirrer

banned

demoted

had 3 hissy fit quits

banned people

upset people

locked too many threads

put up with moz

had my feelings hurt

hurt others feelings

been rude

been threatened

Always tried to add humour to the joint.

So, I guess at least it hasn't been boring :)

I hypothesise that old Atomicans don't actually leave - they just stop logging in and posting.

Wow!

Some more familiar faces popping up.

Cybes, the whole time I was absent... I never once visited this site, but then I'm a weirdo ;)

Edit: sorry, I lie, I did once that I recall now, can't remember why though.

Edited by datafast69

Profile says I joined September '08 but I'm wondering if that was when V3 was launched - in which case I would assume to add at least another 18 - 24 months onto that.....very active for a while, not so much in the last 3 years since we opened our own business. Still pop my head in from time to time to see what's going on, lots of new faces and names. Nice to see some of the old faces and read the odd random message from friends I've made from here - that being said, I keep in touch with quite a few through Facebook :)

Edited by DEVERE

Now that's an avatar I remember, BTW..love ya' family crest :)

Edit: Wording corrected.

Edited by datafast69

Profile says I joined September '08 but I'm wondering if that was when V3 was launched...

It was indeed that. You'll have to hit up the archive for your actual join date. (It was shortly after me - I remember your arrival post. ;)

Cybes, the whole time I was absent... I never once visited this site, but then I'm a weirdo ;)

I must be weird too :) When I leave for months at a time I don't lurk. I'm usually too annoyed to want to see green and blank anywhere together for a good while.

Eventually the boredom wins out and I return, some random day between hitting "Rebuild" and waiting for the output to show on my screen.

...I have a lot of 5 minute waiting periods throughout my day. Perfect for Social.

Cybes hypothesis probably has merit, only it doesn't cover "weirdo's" :P

How many weirdo's do we have here? how many weirdo's populate the interwebz?

Are weirdo's variable in behaviors, or are there core behaviors that are part of every weirdo?

(I need to wake up fully, before posting)

Now that's an avatar I remember, BTW..love ya' family crest :)

Edit: Wording corrected.

Hmm....memory recall having a good moment, I think I recall the whole clan discussion on here before I left previously.

I hate the aging process :(

Profile says I joined September '08 but I'm wondering if that was when V3 was launched...

It was indeed that. You'll have to hit up the archive for your actual join date. (It was shortly after me - I remember your arrival post. ;)
There was never an accurate join date, the best you could do was estimate based on userID compared to who else remembere joining, when.

For the record, I'm pretty sure Devere has been here since at least 2004, maybe 2005.

There was never an accurate join date, the best you could do was estimate based on userID compared to who else remembere joining, when.

For the record, I'm pretty sure Devere has been here since at least 2004, maybe 2005.

I think you're a bit off there. I remember joining in 2006 and DEVERE joined a while after me. Looking at one of her first posts (when she was still a serf, it shows 05/06/07) it was mid '07, DEVERE's userID is also around 15,000 after mine (I'm 35289 whereas she is 50344). Cybes, you joined sometime in 2006 (or at least posted a thread as a Serf in TGR in 2006) around the same time I joined (Your UserID is 40423).

Edited by NukeJockey

Ahh yes, who could forget that particular bump haha. I don't remember the date to be honest, but '06 or '07 are probably closer to the truth.

And datafast - yep, it's pretty darned cool :)

EDIT: went for a search and my first ever post was a four year bump dated 5/6/07

Edited by DEVERE

40423. Sounds like an error page.

40423 - really? Funny, in my mind you've been around here for much longer; enough to have a considerably lower number, I would've thought nearer to me for some reason (I'm 7846). It just goes to show how many people and events can blur over a 13 year period... Funny, because I can recall both DEVERE and NukeJockey being new here.

40423. Sounds like an error page.

40423 - really? Funny, in my mind you've been around here for much longer; enough to have a considerably lower number, I would've thought nearer to me for some reason (I'm 7846). It just goes to show how many people and events can blur over a 13 year period... Funny, because I can recall both DEVERE and NukeJockey being new here.

I thought Cybes had been here since before my time, was surprised when I found out he wasn't.

I thought Cybes had been here since before my time, was surprised when I found out he wasn't.

Heh - I'm an institution. ;)

The move to V3 broke more than just the join date - my ID# is 30686 now.

I remember talking to Ben at a forum just before he left PCPP and came to Atomic where he mentioned something was in the wind, then buying issue 1 in Melb Airport and seeing Ben was the editor. I lost the magazine on the plane and but liked it so much I bought a second issue at Sydney airport before I went home. Was hooked from there.

Not sure but I think the forums were about 2-3 weeks old when I joined - from memory there were around 20-30 people posting then - the Green Room had about 3 pages of content then tops! Rybags, Tom, Mael, Phat Dixx, The Dude, Madeline and Potato Cake (and a alot of others) were huge fun back then, and IRC was a always a blast too! The crowd has always been replenished by interesting, helpful people!

I'm sorry you have to remember me g__day!

I was 15 or 16 when I joined, the day Atomic forums came online (I still remember the pre-launch banner!).

I'm now almost 30.

Jesus.

Leonid, I feels ya.

started highschool, met some fellow geeks n got into the atomic spirit of things. my 'education' was spent lanning, gaming, hackin mah rig n teach in meself wicked elite electronics.

now I'm closer to 30 than 20, n held a 'real job' for years, in electronic engineering, building beautiful elaborate gizmology. learnt far more relevant things here than I did in any class thru high school.

gotta laugh at mum now, giving me shit for 'wasting time on the internet' n ' not concentrating on homework'. the things I learnt there are what pays my rent n keeps the fridge full now...

anywhoo. I bought a cheap water block recent, n plan to spend the weekend shoehorning the fucker into an old Q6600 rig. was a pig overclocker on air (just to hot) n i just wanna crank a rig to Max. even tho it'll come nowhere close to a current off the shelf rig, I'm gonna build something awesome. thought I'd stick my head in here n see what the happity-haps are.

so, arjo signing back in. will lurk, throw a pair of cents about when relevant, mayhap y'all see a build log. good to see some familiar names in a forum, I do hope ur keepin it elite.

veh veh veh very atomic! lol

Wow, looks like the atomic forums are still going strong. I haven't been to them in probably a couple of years now. but I've been around since about issue 15.

looking through this thread and seeing the top posters comments reminds me when I use to gather stats about who our top posters were

down memory lane:

http://archive.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp...;t=67868&h=

FARRRRRRKK.

/waves @ TheProphet.

Sometimes the trips down memory lane are fun. But it's scary that we need it at times.

New life is fun (Except during school holidays. That's always painful.)

AD