Chaos.Lady

Roll Call!

How long ago did you join Atomic forums?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. It doesn't have to be exact, just an estimate is okay!

• Less than 3 months
    • Less than 6 months
    • Less than 1 year
    • Somewhere from 1 year to 3 years
    • Somewhere from 3 years to 5 years
    • Over 5 years
    • Over 10 years

Partially because I've been trying to find a life that isn't lived in front of a screen...

Man, if it weren't for the "life in front of the screen", I'd have no life at all. ;p

Partially because I've been trying to find a life that isn't lived in front of a screen...

Man, if it weren't for the "life in front of the screen", I'd have no life at all. ;p

Yeah, I hear you. I've been gone about a year and have had no luck becoming a person who lives 'out there'. I've tried but no matter what I do I always feel out of place, like I'm an importer and I don't belong there. Not that I feel any different here, but at least I don't have to actually interact irl with anyone. I can just log out when it gets too weird.

Dunno 'bout you, but I've never felt like I "belonged" any place. It's all just degrees of *not* fitting.

I have little to no expertise to offer the technical forums, so I obviously don't belong in that sense. But for me, that's not the point. This 'place' has always had very few people who actively annoy me, and a high proportion of people who know (or are prepared to try to understand) what I'm talking about - even occasionally laughing at my jokes! And the nominal tech focus makes it an inherent draw anyway, since I like to read it even if I can't author it.

Also, I felt and still feel that I never really added anything of worth to the conversation.

Lies.

Dunno 'bout you, but I've never felt like I "belonged" any place. It's all just degrees of *not* fitting.

I have little to no expertise to offer the technical forums, so I obviously don't belong in that sense. But for me, that's not the point. This 'place' has always had very few people who actively annoy me, and a high proportion of people who know (or are prepared to try to understand) what I'm talking about - even occasionally laughing at my jokes! And the nominal tech focus makes it an inherent draw anyway, since I like to read it even if I can't author it.

Cybes, you've just described me perfectly.

Also, I felt and still feel that I never really added anything of worth to the conversation.

Lies.

And statistics.

Still reading, and working on computers, but spending more time with my granddaughter who is now 20 months old.

Hey Bowiee < waves> how's the bike ?

The bike is great, don't get to ride as much, but try to every chance i get :)

Hey Bowiee < waves> how's the bike ?

The bike is great, don't get to ride as much, but try to every chance i get :)

Good to hear. Just now I reckon the heater in my car trumps a bike :P

Morris! Still sporting the 'hawk?

I lost the mohawk over 2 years ago.

Been at least that long since I saw you, then. Good to know you're still alive and haven't been killed by having your magnetic finger suck all the iron out of your blood, or something. ;)

Morris! Still sporting the 'hawk?

I lost the mohawk over 2 years ago.

Been at least that long since I saw you, then. Good to know you're still alive and haven't been killed by having your magnetic finger suck all the iron out of your blood, or something. ;)

It's now 2 magnets (and I'm tempted to get a third). Plus a whole bunch of other mods that I'm not going to list right now.

Jesus Christ check out those results!

What loyalty. At the same time this place will be dust and tumbleweeds when all the oldies are dead.

• Like 1

... check out those results!

What loyalty...

Indeed :o)

But at the same time I find it just a little bit sad that out of everyone here, only 119 have voted... ?

But at the same time I find it just a little bit sad that out of everyone here, only 119 have voted... ?

Yyyeah, but... I found out a long time ago that given a choice people just can't be arsed voting, even when the consequence of not doing so will negatively impact them. Generally. Of course, a few people would vote a hundred times for their own choice if you let them.

... check out those results!

What loyalty...

Indeed :o)

I find the results sad because they highlight what's happened here :(

I find the results sad because they highlight what's happened here :(

That aspect had not escaped me, either.

According to my profile it was 2008, but I'm sure it was a few years before - was there a reset or something?

When we migrated to IPB (Atomic v3), it autofilled the join date with 2008 - the migration date - because the old system never recorded that data.

If you want actual join dates you have to go through the archives and try to find your first post.

I'm back baby!

Been around 4 years I think since my last post... Forgot my password, lost the email I was using for my account, but Nich sorted me out!

• Like 1