Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
peteed1985

Best video games for while watching tv?

So i've been wondering what games/type of games are the best ones to do when you want to watch a movie or TV while doing so? Google search just brings up the answer to the best HDTV to play games on lol.

My wife says Candy Crush. She can't watch a damn tv show or movie without playing Candy Crush. What's the point?

My wife says Candy Crush. She can't watch a damn tv show or movie without playing Candy Crush. What's the point?

Does she also channel-surf, start watching shows a while after they've come on air, lose track of them because she's channel-surfed again during an ad break, all whilst still playing Candy Crush?

Coz if she does then she's a bigamist. Coz she's also married to me!

Are you that disinterested in watching TV?

Any mobile phone game would work for what you're after.

I'd argue X2 or X3 are perfect. It takes so bloody long for anything to happen, that by the time you can afford an automated shipping fleet, you just set the ships on their way, and go and do house chores for several hours.

It's that or chat roulette.

Anything handheld. Reason being is that you could play during the breaks and get back onto the TV. That, or lug a laptop and just play any god damn flash game. Simple filler.

Turn based games would also be good I imagine, XCom, Heroes of Might and Magic etc.

Banished (a new medieval city building game) is also awesome for playing while doing other stuff, as once you get your town established somewhat, you can pretty much leave it on 10x speed, set the tasks you need done and let it take a back seat.

I find puzzles are brilliant for this - but if it has a 'clock' to beat, you have to ignore it (or pause between commercials).

Ohh, speaking of Puzzles, if you're looking for PC games to play while watching TV, hidden object games are pretty awesome.

If it's that uninteresting you're feeling the need to be stimulated by other means, why even watch TV in the first place...?