Sign in to follow this  
gramyre

Old School Problem - Motorola Razr V3

Infuriating as I should be able to do this but cannot. (Feel free to move to the right section mods if I am in the wrong place)

Customer has bought in two Razr V3's with precious photos on that she wants taken off for posterity, as you do.

It does not detect as a mass storage device when USB cable plugged in, just a Motorola Modem.

I have searched around and downloaded the USB drivers - can't find the device to install them to though

I have also downloaded and installed Motorola Media Link

Instructions are that in phone settings there should be a "USB" in connectivity but there isn't (only BlueTooth and Sync)

BitPim does not detect the phone and log files say No USB available

Phone was apparently an Optus phone (though no Zoo crap on it).

Extensive searches brings up nothing more than what I have done.

Please help :)

Edited by gramyre

I guess this means what's needed is on internal storage and not removable flashcard.

Normally phones have 2 or more modes for the USB, e.g. storage device (where it gets seen as a thumbdrive) and <other> where other might be Pictbridge or something that might require a driver, or a modem as you mentioned.

Also check for settings like developer/debug mode, and security.

There should be something in there.

Actually Rybags I think you're on the solution there.

IIRC (though it might not be a V3....) most of those models dont allow photos without a microSD card installed; please check for one :)

Otherwise, lets be crude, and assume you're making enough money on this; MMS them to your phone and go from there?

Bluetooth them around?

add an SD card and see if the built in file manager can move them?

... MMS them to your phone and go from there?

Bluetooth them around?

add an SD card and see if the built in file manager can move them?

Something like this is what I'd suggest. Not all the Razrs have a memory card slot, but Bluetooth FTW!

From memory with the V3 you had to bluetooth the files off the device via a specific PC app (cant recall if it was 3rd party or from motorolla). hope this is some help.

yeah you have to Bluetooth, device to device. The V3 doesn't have microsd card slot however the V3x does. My sister has one and it drives me up the wall. for me to Bluetooth a 3meg mp3 she has to virtually delete everything off the phone. I think they had a mere 5meg onboard storage.