Sign in to follow this  
Nan0_Seconds

Cyclone ITA

So how we all doing up this way?

I know my self got preped incase of floods and cyclone damage. Second cat 5 since Yasi.

If anything gunna happen be safe and be prepared and remember, if it's flooded, forget it!

Just dandy here so far. It's quite a balmy night, just been playing some WoT. And not very well I might say.

We're at Cooya Nan0, where are you ?

Edited by eveln

Going into to work till about lunchtime I suppose. So far the morning's a bit damp, not much breeze and the chirds are still burping.

If they've not flown the coop things can't be too bad ... yet ;)

Not sure i'd like to be up at Cape Trib though.

As always in an emergency, keep an ear on ABC Local Radio: http://www.abc.net.au/farnorth/

Live stream: http://www.abc.net.au/radio/player/?statio...c=internetradio

BOM cyclone tracking map: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

BOM Tropical Cyclone Advice: http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20023.txt

Stay safe guys and gals!

Edit:

Images from the US-run NOAA MTSAT: http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shirgmscol.html

Edited by SquallStrife

Stay safe, any Atomicans up that way.

I've good friends and family at Cooktown and at Wujal Wujal. Thoughts are with everyone up that way.

Just sipping the first of the cyclone port and, just, waiting. Some pork roasting whilst power is here to use, and, just, waiting.

Not much going on in Cairns. Been a bit windy and rainy on and off all day but not much really. Work closed up at lunch time so I've been sitting around doing not a great deal since then. Yard is tidy and everything is in the garage. We've just opened our first bottle of wine and I've cracked a cider so I guess we'll just continue the waiting. Looking at the BOM it seems like by the time it gets to us it'll be a cat 1 or 2 at worst, and not until some time tomorrow lunch time. Waiting waiting...

I like this wind speed map. You can move it ahead to see the forecast speeds every 3 hours which I can't seem to find on the BOM.

Edited by discoInferno

it's about 80klm out of Cooktown now. And I'm a tad pissy on port. is fine really. tanking is so so ... my KV1S is giving me the shits.

Way to confront a cyclone, eveln. Pissed on port. Very impressed!

So glad I'm not camped at my favourite spot at the mouth of the Bloomfield right now :/

Not pissed exactly. I can still type, but yes once all is prepared a bottle of port is sublime. I was spared Tracey but have been through and on

the outskirts of a number of them now. So, all in all, I heartily endorse a nice port.

So, all in all, I heartily endorse a nice port.

Any port in a storm eh?

Oh ! A funny ! :P no. I'm particoolar about the port I consume in a storm !

It's been an interesting night so far. Windier and wetter now. Of course it may be due the port, but the night does not

feel as serious as it could've been ... am glad to have been here and not further north.

Seeya when power is restored, eveln. It'll probs be a while. Workers nowadays are sooks. no pioneering spirit AT ALL!!!

heh heh...

Seeya when power is restored, eveln. It'll probs be a while. Workers nowadays are sooks. no pioneering spirit AT ALL!!!

heh heh...

Ain't that the truth. We've only got our power back on tonight. Been without since bout 9.30ish Sat morning.

Very glad I don't live further north, by the time it got down here it was only cat 2 I think, not very scary at all.

I remember the last one being much more intense and noisy etc.

Winds that strong are still scary enough :)

Good to hear you're OK. And great to see that it downgraded dramatically after it crossed the coast. Been following this with interest and concern. I've got kids up that way who are my grandchildren under Lore.

As for your relatives, they're probably just a bit damp, and without power.. It's very very humid.

We are fine here. Am so glad the power came back on, another night with no fan would've been yuk. We don't do air-con at home,

so when a fan is needed and not operable life can truly suck.

Only trees down and localised flooding here. But that was over yesterday. We went and had a feed in Port last night, and came home

to find our power restored. Life is not so yuckysucky.