Sign in to follow this  
MrFriendly

HDMI cables

My sister recently just moved into a new apartment and went out and bought a new flat screen TV and a new computer to use as a media center.

Last night I went around to setup her TV for her, and just check what I needed to hook up the PC to the TV. Main thing on the list of needed items was a HDMI cable. OK, I thought, I'll just crab one for her during lunch tomorrow, shouldn't be a big drama, should be able to find one for about $20 easily enough.

That's where I was very wrong.

I Had to run around to about 4 different stores before I found one that DIDN'T cost over $100. I finally found one a JB HIFI for $50, I was running out of time and my stomach was getting angry so I decided to settle for that.

But fucken!

I saw 1.5m cables selling for $350.

So, given that these cables are for digital signals, can someone explain to me why buying $350 on a cable will provide any advantage what so ever over a $50 cable?

Yeah I lolled at the Monster Cables in a DS Powerhouse a few weeks ago.. $300+

I've got 3 HDMI cables in my set up and while they are name brand (Belkin PureHD) I'm happy to say I paid cost price (approx half of retail).. I think even if I had expendable income in the thousands I'd have a hard time trying to justify Monster Cables to myself, let alone my wife...

Yep. When i was getting a HDMI cable they were all over $100....So i went down to Capitol Theatre Technology Section. Picked one up for $18.00