Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Matt Ingle

What TV series are you watching?

just finished watching Battlestar Galactica

not too bad, last episode was a let down though

This show get so much hype. People love it. I've tried to start it a few times now and can never get past the first few episodes.

This show get so much hype. People love it. I've tried to start it a few times now and can never get past the first few episodes.

This would be the third time I have tried to watch the show

I did not like the pilot episode, then there was an early episode where they lost all their water , and I thought it was so cliche

But then I read that Ron Moore ( from Star Trek): was a producer , so I forced myself to watch 6 episodes, by then it was OK to watch

Finished S4 of GOT a few weeks ago also.

S3 and S4 seems to just get really good/interesting all of a sudden. Maybe I will have to rewatch the first 2.

Better Call Saul - brilliant. Now have to wait a year for next season. :(

Just started on the Sopranos.

Well yes and no ,it was actually the only way they could end the series. Unlike Stargate Universe where it could have had an ending.

If you saw the actual ending it explained why Battlestar Galactica took that path ,too much jumping and the cylons on their path all the time.

Watched two eps of Powers and it's exactly what I would expect a superhero show by Playstation would look like, cliched premise, horrible casting, cheap effects and dialogues to put you to sleep.

And omg could they come out with shittier names or more cringe-worthy costumes?

Edited by Oracle X

Fortitude starts tomorrow night on Aunty.

Going to give it a whirl.

1st ep was interesting, will continue. The setting is amazing. Must drive folks a little loco to live in such an environment.

Quite enjoying this. The characters are great and there is usually a wtf moment every ep.

Fortitude ... " there is usually a wtf moment every ep. " Yes sirree

Fortitude ... " there is usually a wtf moment every ep. " Yes sirree

Just saw the last ep. christ am I glad it's done .

Just watched first ep of Mr. Robot.

If you love to watch socially awkward hack vigilante take down bad guys while keeping up an inner monologues about how grotesquely self-anesthetizing society is then this is the show for you. Good pace and suspense. Great acting by lead star. And the "hacking" is pretty "realistic" by Hollywood standards.

Will definitely be following.

Edited by Oracle X

I'm behind all the times. I'm currently watching BSG Season 2, Breaking Bad Season 4, and Law & Order: SVU Season 14 (my wife is making me watch that last one, in exchange for me making her watch BSG).

Just watched first ep of Mr. Robot.

This looks promising as does

"The Messengers"

and "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell"

Those two look good but I didn't want to invest time in the messengers as it's already been cancelled. :)

Those two look good but I didn't want to invest time in the messengers as it's already been cancelled. :)

All epps of The Messengers are supposed to air, and I have no issue with a one season show so long as it's not bloody well left on a goddam cliffhanger.

All epps of The Messengers are supposed to air, and I have no issue with a one season show so long as it's not bloody well left on a goddam cliffhanger.

Yeah that was my concern. :)

Just finished watching season finale of iZombie and holy shit it's badass. This show has been constantly surprising me throughout the season but even I wasn't expecting how things turned out in the last ep.

well ok I did suspect that

Major would find out about Liv somehow and she would end up turning him into a zombie to save his life and she would forgo the cure herself

, but I honestly didn't expect

she would cure him asap, or that Blaine would also be cured. Or that it all totally fuck up her brother.

So kodus iZombie, you got me hankering for season 2 already. Damn it the wait is going to kill me.

In the mean time, I will try Stitchers. It's basically some TV executive watching iZombie and said to himself "I like the memory stealing crime solving part but not the zombie brain eating part. Also the main character should be like, ridiculously good looking."

How can it possible go wrong?

Edited by Oracle X

Almost finished watching season 1 of Sense8. Weird but ok.

Started watching Between the other day. Might be ok to have as background while I surf the webs ;)

Almost finished watching season 1 of Sense8. Weird but ok.

Started watching Between the other day. Might be ok to have as background while I surf the webs ;)

So was sense8 kinda like Heroes? I got that vibe from reading the synopsis.

Just finished Top of The Lake . Many thanks iView.

So I noticed tonight Tim Minchin is in episode 4 of The Secret River. It's another from the ABC. Still deciding whether I want to get caught up

in something that looks to be more than one series, but the first episode is already up ...

/ right thread ;)

Yay Mock the week is back on, yay.

/Edit

First epp of Dark Matter shows some promise.

Also must have a look at Happyish with Steve Coogan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ1hGJuSdGQ

I thought Dark Matter was too "Lost" in space-ish.

You got your

Jack aka do-gooder white guy

Kate aka hot tough as nails chick

Sawyer aka bad boy white guy

Sayid aka capable minority dude

Jin aka token Asian dude

Claire aka the fragile girl

And finally your mysterious door/hatch aka the macguffin that will take much hewhawing and pointless speculating before being revealed to absolutely no-one's surprise to be a convoluted plot device that makes zero sense.

Edited by Oracle X

Just finished Top of The Lake . Many thanks iView.

So I noticed tonight Tim Minchin is in episode 4 of The Secret River. It's another from the ABC. Still deciding whether I want to get caught up

in something that looks to be more than one series, but the first episode is already up ...

/ right thread ;)

Correction :

Tim shows up in ep 1.

Moves along at a fairly spritely pace so far.