Sign in to follow this  
AccessDenied

Just reading my beer mug..

So.. 10 yrs of Canberra Crew.

On our 'first anniversary', Juggalo Scrubb organized beer mugs for Canberra Crew. All etched with the following message:

atomic

m33t 5.0

The Canberra Crew

Trashing hotel rooms since

----------------------

10 yrs. Camping trips (With some honourary Canberra Crew who lived in Sydney and other places)

Many memories. Much fun. Much laugh.

My main memory is the first time Raydex met CheekyChops. It involved leaping out from under the doona at a hotel with no shirt and shouting "LOOK AT MY SEXAH BODAH!" Realizing it wasn't his intended target (Juggalo Scrubb) and then promptly vanishing back under the doona.

Happy 10 yrs Canberra Atomicans.

AD

ROFL!!! Yes I will never forget sexxy dexxy ;)

I also have memories of a camping trip with 5 full moons! OMG what a sight for sore eyes lol. Honorary Canberran for life, dawg.

Wow, time sure does fly. I miss you guys so much! We must have a catch up meet or something. Or a catch up camp. Or a drinking fest. Or a road trip :)

Edited by CheekyChops

Been a while... I've run into Dajobo every few months down a local shopping centre lately but not seen anyone else for a while.

Actually, last thing resembling an arranged m33t was probably down @ AD's place along with the_dude, TD and 1shot - that's a few years back now.

First m33t involving Canberra people for me was early 2002 when we went to the Atomic Lan (Gibfest 97 ??? ) down at Latrobe Uni in Melbourne. Met Dajabo, Tin Reaper, Chef & Lord Teaspoon on that day, then probably near 100 others later on.

First time with some of the remainders was probably the one AD missed... we had a few including Juggs & the youngen at the Cotter and the cicadas were going crazy and the overall environment was a bit crappy so we left early.

From memory, it was late 2004 that we went up to the meet @ Universal Studios in Sydney... that was fun, always good when you get to have a midnight swim.

/hugs back

I can't remember how many minor events we had... 1 or 2 golf days and 3 local camping trips. Also did one down near Bermagui with Tin Reaper and Lancer2K.

Been a while since I used my tent actually... was when I was still smoking - a bit over 3 years ago in Tas... wasn't an Atomic trip though.

Apparently, Meet XV has to happen, and it must have etched glassware memorabilia.

Yard glass?

I did think about that when I wrote the above. Seems kinda fitting, but... That's not going to be a trivial expense: Those things aren't cheap, nor (I imagine) is etching, and we could need anywhere between 5 and 50 of them. :/

Announce now and get advance payment from attendees, and it might be a go-er.