Sign in to follow this  
fajw

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS out

Dude, what dont you get about a community chat room?

I mean, ok, thanks for the heads up, but care to give an opinion? A short review? Maybe explain to 'the noobs' why this is a good thing (i know, but they wont).

Content man, CONTENT!

Edited by Master_Scythe

Dude, what dont you get about a community chat room?

I mean, ok, thanks for the heads up, but car to give an opinion? A short review? Maybe explain to 'the noobs' why this is a good thing (i know, but they wont).

Content man, CONTENT!

I ate an apple.... wait this isn't twitter or facebook?

This announcement is a bit late.

Some infos:

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS will be supported for 5 years for Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Core, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, and Ubuntu Kylin. All other flavours will be supported for 3 years. (Lubuntu won't have support from lxde since the project is now Qt based)

This release includes linux 3.13, php5.5, python 3.4, and libreoffice 4.2.3. Many more core apps have HiDPi support.

UbuntuGNOME is based on parts of the 3.10 and 3.8 releases, with 3.12 available in the team ppa.

Xubuntu now uses gtk3 indicators, a new locker, a new menu editor, and a new menu (whiskermenu). gThumb is no longer a default app

Still yet to try out any of the 14.04 based releases. Do like the look of the Xubuntu "Start" menu though, as I wasn't a fan of the old one

For a 'desktop' I'm not sure why people dislike UNITY, its like a slightly less restricted version of MacOS.

Though I can see why power users get frustrated. (just like on macOS! lol)