Sign in to follow this  
argotha

Hello Again!

So from a quick scroll down the Green Room it would appear that many of the Atomicans that "had been here forever" when I joined and were apart of the community are still here, so I think this post should be relevant to at least some of you.

It would appear that I haven't been apart of the forum since early 2012, so whilst I may have drifted away, I wanted to come back briefly just to give proper goodbye.

First of all I want to thank everyone for all the times we had together. This forum used to be a big part of my life, and as hindsight can tell me, you guys will have had an influence on me during a influential period of my growing up (that period just after high school).

I don't want to name any people in particular that were around a lot when I was, because I don't want to miss anyone out, and hopefully you will know who you are.

For whatever reason I was also looking back on some of my older posts (mainly to see when was the last time I was on the forum), and boy were some great times had. Like:

- the continuous photo competition

- that time hawkeye got banned and our supreme leader IAMTHEMAXX took the helm

- robzy jokes

- the many flash games that were shared

- some of the music that was shared (To whomever introduced me to Faunts, I still listen to them, and meno money falls is still my favourite track)

Not to mention the many discussions that were had over a variety of issues.

The most important part of this post is that I would like to thank all of you that helped support me whilst I was going through some pretty dark times. Through many a rant, ups and downs, the days where I thought I ended up in square one (which turned out to be a different square altogether) and much incoherent writing, many of you offered some worldly advice and got me through it.

On that vein, and for those wondering, life is pretty good. I'm still studying at university (almost. there. just. a. little. further.), and I've taken up a couple of dance styles (ceroc/modern jive and swing/lindy hop). I'm still single, but hey, I get to dance with all the ladies ;P

So that's about all I've got to say. I know saying goodbye sucks, especially to people who once meant something to you, but honestly, I think a proper goodbye to someone you have drifted apart from can only be good.

So once again, thank you for everything and until next time, goodbye!

*waves furiously*

Argotha

Hi! Glad to hear life's going well. You were quite involved a few years back.

GLHF I guess :)

Hi, Argotha! 'Bye, Argotha!

Seriously, though... Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Wishing lots of happy and rewarding travels :), but I so much want to echo cyb3r's post, with perhaps slightly less evil laughter.

Only slightly less tho.

* waves furiously right back at argotha *

Catchya man.

I do wish you wouldnt go though. Just hang around and post some crap.

The 'shift' is beginning, facebook and social media are getting to be too full of 'crap' and people are slowly drifting back to forums and IRC.

Its very visible in car forums, and some web dev guys I know say people are starting to make their own webpages again, rather than just having a facebook page.

You'll be back :)

Hey so why you leaving?

So I wouldn't really call it leaving. More that I had already left. A quick search shows that I stopped posting around 2 and a half years ago, but I'm not really sure why.

I guess life happened?

Whilst taking up dancing chewed up some of my time, I think it was also affected by developing larger social circles and basically having less time to trawl the forums.

Or simplistically, how I chose to spend my time changed.

*shrugs*

You'll be back... they always come back.

I guess time shall tell ;)

Catchya man.

I do wish you wouldnt go though. Just hang around and post some crap.

The 'shift' is beginning, facebook and social media are getting to be too full of 'crap' and people are slowly drifting back to forums and IRC.

Its very visible in car forums, and some web dev guys I know say people are starting to make their own webpages again, rather than just having a facebook page.

You'll be back :)

I'll see how I go ;)

See ya mate :) I think I have been gone a couple of years myself, not really back, just passing through.

EDIT: Just checked its been a bit over a year.

Edited by bowiee