Spriggan

Dota 2

Started playing dota 2 a little while ago. Love the game but I get frustrated with pubs, was looking for anyone who would be interested in becoming steam friends and playing some friendly unranked matches once in a while. Me and two mates usually team up and iv found that it makes the games at least 50% more enjoyable lol

Ive practiced a minimum of 4 hours a day, every day, since 2004.

If my memory serves, I've missed maybe 3 days of practice in total, ever.

When you move to ranked, count me in.

I play aggressive tank and burst damage semi support

Lol, if you've played that much you're probably a long way out of the range of being able to queue with him in ranked anytime soon.

To be honest, as someone who has played probably 95% of his games solo (yes, I like to cut myself and listen to Linken Park) it's the four stacks that are worse then the puggers. They've either got zero clue, they're all too busy screaming at each other or they've queued with one or two players who are so new/awful they've got no right queuing with the other players. There's also a pretty high correlation with them deciding that you should go mid and then refusing to buy wards or the courier...

What is your mmr ? i was going to start trying solo q ranked but then i had a 3 week break due to real life shit and my play dropped so much im trying to claw my way back lol

What is your mmr ? i was going to start trying solo q ranked but then i had a 3 week break due to real life shit and my play dropped so much im trying to claw my way back lol

Non-existent. Cbf even queuing my calibration matches since I don't really care to listen to someone crying you did something wrong, or you didn't pick the right character to go with their specific hero and cost them their precious epeen rating.

I wouldn't fret too much about a small drop in your "skill." People have bad games, people have losing streaks, people are petty and wait till the last second to get the perfect counter pick against your team. Sometimes it just has nothing to do with how long since you've last played.

Mine too, is balls. I'm stuck in an MMR hole.

Both are about 2600; which is pitiful.

Ive submitted my replays to a few forums and friends alike, of course everyone has a little bit to add, but overall no one could fault me, and just put it down to 'teamwork', which was non existent.

Im usually finishing games at about 11-4-X score, but since I dont often play snowballing hard carries, that's usually not enough.

Such is life though.

"Teamwork" is playing the 5 role and then getting yelled at for dying even though you're dirt poor, stacking camps for people, not touching the carries last hits and warding everywhere...

quite the opposite.

Its understanding your primary role, but being able to flex at any time.

Its sharing the ward role, with support simply doing the majority; otherwise the support cant get high end items in time.

It's knowing that in a low HP game with lots of escape, 'farming your own carry' is often less effective than giving the 'casters' last hits to disable long term.

Stacking is something that should come naturally as you run past, if the clock is right.

I think you missed the joke someone doing a heap of teamwork being shit on for one mistake.

Started playing dota 2 a little while ago. Love the game but I get frustrated with pubs, was looking for anyone who would be interested in becoming steam friends and playing some friendly unranked matches once in a while. Me and two mates usually team up and iv found that it makes the games at least 50% more enjoyable lol

I just downloaded it today. Hit me up and I'll be happy to play when I have the time.

when you guys reach a 'play pubs without being yelled at' level, let me know. Caus I'm still a few people short of a 5 man to travel to interstate tournies. Won a few local ones back in the day, but still havent been able to get in toe DOTA2 circuit, too many casuals :P

when you guys reach a 'play pubs without being yelled at' level, let me know. Caus I'm still a few people short of a 5 man to travel to interstate tournies. Won a few local ones back in the day, but still havent been able to get in toe DOTA2 circuit, too many casuals :P

Well I just finished the first part of the tutorial, so you might be waiting a while. lol. Looks like a good time though, so I'd be up for it when I get good enough.

Apparently I've been winning too much again. It seems it's now time for another giant losing streak to bring the wins and loses back down together. :/

Apparently I've been winning too much again. It seems it's now time for another giant losing streak to bring the wins and loses back down together. :/

You get that,

for about 2 years I was holding about 80% wins, now I'm below 40%. But a lot of that is from teaching newer teammates in pub games and losing.

I let my commends do the talking ;)

I'm watching the Internationals at the moment. I'm getting the DOTA2 itch again. Dammit.. :P

I might hit you guys up for some personal coaching or something.. :P Will shout beer if I meet you IRL for reward... :P

AD

I'm watching the Internationals at the moment. I'm getting the DOTA2 itch again. Dammit.. :P

I might hit you guys up for some personal coaching or something.. :P Will shout beer if I meet you IRL for reward... :P

AD

Do the opposite of whatever you were about to do. Beer kthx.

TI4 has been awesome so far, so many great many, so many complete and utter chokes. Thank fuck Alliance is gone now though, even if it did completely and utterly screw my predictions. Most boring arse rat dota to watch ever.

Ok will stop last hitting and trying for denies.. :P

I'm enjoying Liquids play style. There is a level of class I'm enjoying in their play.

Otherwise, enjoyed the Newbee vs Titan matches. Match 2 was one of the best "Here is why you don't give up matches" I've seen in a long time. Getting steam-rollered and turned it around in pretty much one fight.

AD

Ok will stop last hitting and trying for denies.. :P

I'm enjoying Liquids play style. There is a level of class I'm enjoying in their play.

Otherwise, enjoyed the Newbee vs Titan matches. Match 2 was one of the best "Here is why you don't give up matches" I've seen in a long time. Getting steam-rollered and turned it around in pretty much one fight.

AD

Yeah, it was an amazing comeback only to be followed by a Rosh that will haunt them for the rest of their lives the very next game.

There are games that really make you question why anyone plays support. Then you have that game where you six slot a Crystal Maiden and you can't help but feel you've been caught with your hand in the cookie jar, but your team is willing to look the other way.

I should give this game a go at some point, eh?

I've linked you the International stream enough this weekend...

I've had other stuff going on this weekend.

Just to install it I need to clear some room off my laptop

Yeah, the purge videos are good.

Also worth looking at all the heroes he plays. He's not an 'expert' at them, but he's methodical and explains what he is doing most of the time. It gives you a reasonable understanding of what each hero does. Sure, if you're expert you won't learn anything or you might disagree, but if you played a hero like he does then you at least won't be completely laughed out of most games.

I'm still learning. I understand what I need to do. Just still trying to do what I understand.

My biggest frustration is 'the store'. It's a lot to memorize. Practice will fix that. Finally, learning to use the courier effectively can be a pain too for a noob.

AD