Spriggan

Dota 2

continuing the derail: python\django\ruby?

What kind of front end / back end?

Front end on a web app, is different from front end on a local app.

Personally, I'm loving python. Flask/Falcon for wsgi web app back-ends work really well. I used to only use flask, but falcon framework is amazing.

Front end, I've been playing with PyObjectiveC to deploy Mac OS X apps running python code. It works brilliantly, except I need to update to mavericks, and update my xcode to get it running better.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah, I'm a mod.

you shouldn't derail a thread :P

Edited by TinBane

continuing the derail: python\django\ruby?

What kind of front end / back end?

Front end on a web app, is different from front end on a local app.

Personally, I'm loving python. Flask/Falcon for wsgi web app back-ends work really well. I used to only use flask, but falcon framework is amazing.

Front end, I've been playing with PyObjectiveC to deploy Mac OS X apps running python code. It works brilliantly, except I need to update to mavericks, and update my xcode to get it running better.

nodejs (back) and angular.js (front) Edited by kikz

nodejs (back) and angular.js (front)

It certainly has the advantage of a uniform language, but I'm not a big fan of node.js TBH.

My personal preference is asp.net web api and asp.net mvc back end with knockout.js client side. I also use signalr for realtime comms to the client and usually nservicebus or masstransit for my messaging services. I dabble a bit in angular but am more comfortable with knockout. There are a number of js libraries that i use client side with knockout to complete a spa solution. If i am doing cms style sites i use umbraco and angular. Internally umbraco uses its own style of web api/restful api and mvc and its in c# too.

Ah, this wonderful losing streak continues. It seems I've pissed someone off for these groups. The god awful four man singo stacks with one barking out non-stop, contradictory orders and another who is either brand new to the game or hopeless. The four stack with one player who feeds non-stop to the same mistake for ten minutes straight, then complains about lag before his mate abandons the game. The carry who wont thank you for stacking the ancients but heaven forbid you kill anything else in the jungle because he'll do nothing but bitch about it over voice coms then cry about wards (which those couple of creeps just payed for and are flying out...). The Medusa who decides he's farming ancients for 25mins then wanders out after the towers are lost, a lower level then everyone else and with less farm and proceeds to die over and over as our base is pushed.

I'll get to enjoy having a higher percentage of loses then wins at this rate. -_-

Edit: Lets add to that an SF who walks to the middle and stands under the tower till he gives up first blood, then comes back and tells everyone that he's afk. Won't touch the runes that are continually pinged, wont buy a bottle and then cries to KotL he wants mana...

Edited by Ihsan

potato bracket

Oh it got worse then that. We entered spaaaaaaaaaceeee bracket when some scrub called Nich decided it was finally time to learn how to play...

Please volvo, just giev one game where the other two lanes don't feed horribly for the first ten minutes. I gave you a heap of games teaching Nich. How much more penance do I have to do? :'(

Edit: Weeeeeeeeee. Shitstain CK instantly leaves the match then clicks the button so it tells us its safe to leave. 11mins later its still not safe so I give up and quit out and get an abandon.

Moar Edit: And we'll follow up it with a guy who takes till the horn to pick his hero then wanders down into the offlane and dies twice. He's awful, the Ursa and Nightstalker we're laning against are awful, but it doesn't matter cause I'm having a great game. I'm getting out of everything, I could face the wrong way and randomly spam shackleshot and hit two heroes and it turns out the enemy pudge is even shitter. He quits and I lose my good game. :'(

Edited by Ihsan

There is a stickied thread with steam id's in it, but if you really must have the number it's 11532458

just had an hour game where we had won in 15 mins. Then the alch decided he wanted to get 6 slotted douched around and let them come back and out carry him :S what a waste of my life :S

That'll teach you not to spectate my games. Now you've gone and caught the "tilt" from it.

Seriously, wtf have I done to deserve this shit?

First up a bot lane sniper and lina who feed three kills in the first five minutes with a bloodseeker mid who loses his lane and repeatedly dies due to trying to force the dumbest ganks. Jungle doom who's done nothing then cracks the sads and afks in the base till he leaves. Fine whatever, report and leave after twelve, next game. A dirt poor Zeus who keeps feeding himself to QoP (she's 25 before anyone on our team hits 20) and has zero clue when to use his ult, couple with a bounty hunter who keeps pinging the dumbest ganks like he's some LoL player and expecting to get away with it and continually follows the enemy stack around till he gets dusted over and over and murdered. Barely ever manages to use his shuriken so QoP gets away on 10% hp more then I can count. Both are repeatedly told to spread out for Lich's ult then after dying like retards to it for the I don't know what time, also crack the shits and leave. They're both stacked and get their welcoming gift for playing their first game.

faith in humanity restored. A TEAM OF COMPETENT PPL. Had a coherent leader, 2 supports, team fight split push you name it :O I got matched as weaver v silencer mid so my game was hard but our other hard carry did his fucking job and carried :D Even had coordinated ganks.

Angry mid 6 slots Windrunner for a win. Outfarms everyone including Gyro and Midas doom. Universe makes no sense.

Someone add me. (Account name is Noskcaj, ubuntu logo as my profile pic) I've had ~500 games with 60% winrate.

I'm pretty sure the first 10 ranked games are worse than pub matches. (with things like roaming support pugna and people thinking riki is the hard counter to furion)

Edited by noskcaj

Hey MS.. Just curious...

What the hell is your inventory of DOTA 2 stuff like? Have you sold much of it? I'm just thinking that with your massive playtime, you've probably gotten a few things, and I see things (i see stupid things. Sometimes they don't even know they are stupid!) like Void hammers selling for $10 on the community marketplace.

Do you use them? Not care? Just stuff?

AD

Hey MS.. Just curious...

What the hell is your inventory of DOTA 2 stuff like? Have you sold much of it? I'm just thinking that with your massive playtime, you've probably gotten a few things, and I see things (i see stupid things. Sometimes they don't even know they are stupid!) like Void hammers selling for $10 on the community marketplace.

Do you use them? Not care? Just stuff?

AD

Anything worth more than 50cents I tend to sell. You get credit you can use to purchase games on steam, and I value that much more than how my character looks.

I'm still tossing up 8 months later whether to get the arcana set for lina. But it's $35 and I just can't justify that, no matter how cool the animations it changes are :/

Isnt it a single item that will change the animation? not the whole set?

For example, I have Axe's helmet so i can see the AOE of Call. I didnt need a 'set'; the helmet did it.

people thinking riki is the hard counter to furion)

Besides bloodseeker.... who else would you bring?

Suppose pudge.... and Kunkka is fun when you X him, while he's teleporting.... but Riki is a fine counter I feel.

The difference is, with riki players, you pretend you're ALWAYS visible. if you're not, bonus! otherwise you get cocky and die a lot.