Spriggan

Dota 2

people thinking riki is the hard counter to furion)

Besides bloodseeker.... who else would you bring?

Suppose pudge.... and Kunkka is fun when you X him, while he's teleporting.... but Riki is a fine counter I feel.

The difference is, with riki players, you pretend you're ALWAYS visible. if you're not, bonus! otherwise you get cocky and die a lot.

I'd have gone for someone with good wave clearing or a blink initiator. His execution was far from good though

Does anyone here play much earth spirit? I really wish i could play him

Ah.

As you can see, items do not hold great value to me :P

Axe is my main, so I have that going on.

You're an awful person. Can I have your stuff?

0/1/16... I know for a fact that it was all the vision from my wards (on the back of some fantastic team play from our PA and Treant) that won us the game and turned so many of those ganks around in our jungle, but that zero in that column just makes me sad. :(

if you died once as a support you had a REALLY good fucking game

or

you sat in fountain for 20 mins :P

And slowly getting back into it. Never realized I had 22 hrs in game before. Makes sense though.

I'm just going through the tutorial again.

I'VE LEARNT TO USE THE COURIER! Took me ages to work it out. I have no idea why it took so long O_o I always thought you had to 'load up the courier, send him to your dude, when he gets there, send him back' I never noticed the button beside it which does all that in one hit. DOH! Talk about over micro-management.

Otherwise, I'm trying to learn the items now. That's where I'm hitting my real hurdles. I have no idea what builds into what and what is best for me.

I love playing Tide Hunter. So, strength obviously. I get the feeling blink dagger is a strong build (Ie. Blink into middle, RAVAGE, hammer and use gush to stop the run-away. Worked kinda well against a dumb bot. The fact that the ranged dude had barely any time to react when I did that implies it's a valid strategy.)

But yeah. Love playing support types. Would rather play a character that can be enough threat to the enemy to keep their focus and then bam, let the carry smash em to tiny bits and pieces.

I'll get up to matches hopefully tonight and maybe see some of you in-game.

Last hit training now.

AD

if you died once as a support you had a REALLY good fucking game

or

you sat in fountain for 20 mins :P

Please, it was a 45 minute game... 30mins.

I still balls up the courier a lot forgetting to send it off to the secret shop and walking instead. Forgetting I can have the courier hold items when my inventory is full and I'm trying to work out what to drop to finish something when in fact I don't have to drop anything.

Sigh. Forgot how fun it is...

Getting the hang of it though. Not a genius by any stretch of the imagination. Still have NFI what I'm doing in the item store.

I want this.. Now what are the builders. Go backwards through tree. Ohh. That's what I want. 30 secs later have bought some stuff and head back to battle.

AD

Just shift click the final item you want. It'll add everything into the quick buy slots near the teleport scroll.

Problem is that I think (for example) I want an ogres club. WHERE THE F#$K IS THE OGRE's CLUB! I have to move my cursor over the items until Ogre Club. Click. Buy.

AD

It took me a while to realise I could just search for what I want.

Now I have to remember the names for what I want.

And the spelling.

I also don't know most of the items. I'm aware of Halberd. I used Ogres Club as an example. I have NFI what they build into. Potatos +2?

I'm getting there. It just comes down to practice.

Further, I need to work out the situational of items.

I'm well and truly aware of what BKB does. I'm aware of it's drawbacks and it's cost. But I can't tell you the starting items for it. I just know what it is.

I'm aware of blademail (That's a fun one). Again situational. But I'm not aware of all the situations it's good yet (If you explain. GREAT. But I'm aware that there's lot of weird ifs/ors/buts)

I'm aware of mek(anism). I'm aware of how useful it is. But I'm still not a master of it. Nor do I know HOW to build it yet.

These are all 'core' knowledge of the long term players. I accept that. I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all. I accept it. I acknowledge it. And by doing so I accept my current position and I know that I can get better.

In time I'll learn. I'll get better. Soon I'll know the items. I'll use the courier more efficiently. I'll be a better player.

Meanwhile, my last hit is not too bad. I just need to pay attention to more that's going on around me. My denies definitely suck.

AD

Edited by AccessDenied

One of my biggest issues is spending too much time trying to work out items - they're all basically new to me - that I get ganked pretty easily.

Yeah.. I just had a game where I was playing support and magically turned into carry. NEARLY won the game too!

Tide hunter. Radiance side. Radiance base being pushed hard. I managed to push the dire base and then it became a race to wear the ancient down. I got enemy ancient down to 30%. Solo. Noone helping me. The rest? They hid in the fountain. If they had just pushed the enemy attacking our ancient we could have won!

Oh well. I was happy with my game. Even if I screwed up itemization several times.

AD

BTW

F1 selects your hero (so double tap to centre )

F2 selects the courier, for all your purchasing needs, or to send him to shop.

F3 makes the courier collect your shit, and deliver it to you, regardless of where it is, or what its doing.

F3 is particularly useful, because its bugged a little. It doesnt change the icon of 'whos using it', so you can 'steal' a use of the courier without people knowing.

Shift + F3 queues the courier so if someone else is using it it'll grab your stuff and deliver it after it finishes. Unless some shitstain is spamming the courier, not looking at who is using it cause they have to have their items naow...

You learn something new every day. You can buy ultimate orbs at the side shops (and blink daggers, but I knew it was there).

Learning what stuff is at the sideshow is a pretty big thing. I'm roughly 500 games in and still see people send the courier to the secret shop the get an energy booster while standing beside the side shop.

Playing the shopkeepers quiz helps you more than you'd expect too.

Edited by noskcaj

This game does not give you enough reports.

Shitcunt Disruptor (who at least buys wards and the courier) goes mid and proclaims he wont stop until everyone commends him. The three stack (perhaps rightly) decides no, fuck him and feeds the shit out of the other team to teach him a lesson and I'm the one who has to deal with it. Fml.

This game does not give you enough reports.

You should never run out...

assuming you're reporting only when its called for, the next day, after its checked, you get a 'thanks, have another report!' message, and the cycle continues.

He burned through all his reports on me. Sucks to be him, I haven't logged in since!

You should never run out...

assuming you're reporting only when its called for, the next day, after its checked, you get a 'thanks, have another report!' message, and the cycle continues.

I rarely get that message back and I only report people for shit like last night, players who are toxic in chat or afks. It doesn't necessarily come up the next day either, if someone has enough marks next to their name or enough people report them in one game it instantly comes up as you leave the match.