Spriggan

Dota 2

Practice. Wards, map awareness and a general knowledge of what your hero can do and what the enemy teams can do. Practice. Don't get greedy. Know when you can get a last hit and when you should back off to edge of creep experience range or even behind your tower. Practice. Depending on your hero and the side you're on sometimes you're better off to wander off into the jungle for spurts to kill creeps like with Batrider or with something like a Dire Tidehunter you have the opportunity to stack and farm the ancients to supplement your farm. Practice.

Remember that you usually lose the lane hard if you die once, but killing their carry is still worth a death. Try to stay one the outside so ganks have more trouble reaching you. Pay attention to the creeps so you can stop pulls

meaning do you know how to possition yourself in lane with an offlane hero that you do not just feed :P

Simply? Yes.

Double stout shield AXE can handle that job as long as there's not a venomancer, viper, or Necrolyte (necrophos? who is he these days, lol).

If any of the above are present, I can simply Centaur and focus on RETURN damage.

Or, if we need a harass semi-carry, weaver is a sure fire off lane solo. Swarm can stop lane push.

I'm LOVING playing clockwerk, but he feeds like a mofo. You can be in the perfect spot, and hit the perfect hero, but the pub teams just arent used to the initiator being able to go in from that far away. You always end up solo in there, dying, THEN the team decides to show up, fights 4v5, dies, and blames you. lol.

In CM mode though, he's rocking my world right now.

I neeeeeeed to get my puck game back up..... I used to be boss with him, and now I have a 33ms ping, instead of 66ms, I think I will.....

Shivas, Heart, Bloodstone, Urn, STR treads, Euls.

Orb in, Silence, Shivas, phase shift, tank a second while you urn a few people, cyclone self, let team come in, Orb away (or deeper) depending on teams success rate,

That sweet, sweet feeling you get as you deny yourself to a neutral creep just before Bloodseeker gets you.

I'm LOVING playing clockwerk, but he feeds like a mofo. You can be in the perfect spot, and hit the perfect hero, but the pub teams just arent used to the initiator being able to go in from that far away. You always end up solo in there, dying, THEN the team decides to show up, fights 4v5, dies, and blames you. lol.

Honestly though, if your team isn't in position, and you aren't using voice chat, you shouldn't go in. Especially if they are all missing.

I always use voice chat. I always broadcast my intentions.

I will happily discuss strats if someone else talks, and happily take orders from other smart players; but if I'm the only one with a Mic, I'm in charge.

In CM mode though, he's rocking my world right now.

I neeeeeeed to get my puck game back up..... I used to be boss with him, and now I have a 33ms ping, instead of 66ms, I think I will.....

Shivas, Heart, Bloodstone, Urn, STR treads, Euls.

Orb in, Silence, Shivas, phase shift, tank a second while you urn a few people, cyclone self, let team come in, Orb away (or deeper) depending on teams success rate,

Tip for clockwerk, although it might be wasted on you MS, cogs' real purpose is to keep people away and burn mana 90% of the time. And clockwerk is so much better when you have this mod.

Well the Techies patch has clearly brought out all the window lickers.

First game no Techies but the four stack I'm lumped with is clearly not equal to the one on the other side.

Second game someone on our team instant locks techies and annouces he's going to jungle so he doesn't mess up our lanes. Other team picks Void. Our team picks a Spectre into the void. Other team picks PA and Sniper. Techies panics and decides he'd much rather play jungle Lifestealer instead because he still doesn't want to mess up our lanes. Our lanes end up being a mid WK vs Sniper and an offlane support Skywrath which both get raped hard, but hey he's not messing up our lanes...

Third game, long arse queue. No techies again. Doesn't matter though, the other teams WD decides he wants to instantly abandon. Other team decides to stick around, mine all leaves. Back into that long arse queue again.

Fourth game the other team picks Techies. Finally a win at last?! Wait no, the other team has a tiny too. Ok, what have we got... oh a meepo.-_- It's ok, we've got a Doom and a Kunkka. Twenty minutes later... Pugna: "Kunkka, you need to build some damage." Insecpt Kunkka, oh an urn and some phase boots. Check him twenty minutes later and finally some damage a shadow blade and a maelstrom. A fucking maelstrom. A sixty eight minute game and all he manages is a mjonlr, a shadow blade and what appears to be the start of a BKB. I don't even know what he was planning to use the BKB against. I'd say some retardly clutch use against ES or WK but deep down I know it has to of been to "use" against techies...

It's about time really.

Without techies there was no 'easy stop' to junglewrs with advanced manoeuvrability (Furion + Spec), there was no way for a team to end a game when the enemy build a turtle team.

He's key and FINALLY he's back.

Well, maybe if people did more then mine the secret shop...

I've even had someone sucide onto me when I had 9hp. Just auto attack me once or even use your euls on me and I'm dead...

Edit: I should give even more context on that. It was a team fight, I was on Lina at our back lines, he walked all the way through our team and sucided on sololy me. One auto attack on me followed by a suicide in the middle of the team fight would of been an easy triple or ultra kill.

Edited by Ihsan

God i hate Meepo more then I do Techies. You just know they're picking it sololy for the hero challange because they're god awful at it. No micro, all the meepos together farming one pack at a time, only ever farming, never fighting. There needs to be another trophy, "Games lost because someone on your team picked a challange hero."

Edit: Sigh; and some people just don't want to be carried. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/881544557 Picked as support, ended up mid. Controlled the runes, ganked. Just couldn't do it :'(

Edited by Ihsan

Techies looks devistating if played well. Iv watched a couple of 6k mmr guys play on twitch. But in the hands of the average player he is fucking horrible.

Me and a few mates have been trying out cheese lanes. Viper, veno, dazzle was fun and owned. But the offlane hero and mid in that game lost (thats what i was posting about earlier) and we got some abandons. Then we went leshrak and dark seer. HOLY SHIT tank up lesh ion shell and edict. Then just run at ppl. If you are lucky enough to get an invis rune its hilarious.

I really wonder what goes through some peoples heads at times. An alchemist who is getting no last hits and no farm deciding to max greed first ("High Skill" game apparently too) or Tinker thinking we can magically win late game with him and our Lycan even though we're 5 towers and 20 kills down by 15 minutes or the jungle Doom with no boots who builds and aghs first...

I've got a fairly good idea what went through the TA's mind though when he popped his shinny new 10 second bkb and tried to run from my Lina only to discover what that they courier had just delivered to me. I let him enjoy a few seconds of thinking he was safe before I pulled the trigger. >:D

• Like 2

Add me on steam lhsan. my steam name is the same as my atomic one.

And have any of you guys got dotabuff turned on? Mine's dotabuff.com/players/59054028

Edited by noskcaj

As i told spriggan; Dont let a game go on just for farm. And dont lock your ideas in; ever.

We had a weaver game we coulda ended at 16-20 minutes, the end was at 41 minutes when they caught up our massive lead.

Always be flexible.

Well, I think I added you. There's seems to be a lot of aussies with the same name. ./shrug

My dota privacy settings are set so people can see how awful I am. You can work it out from a few posts up. :P

no one has an identical name to mine. with the underscore and all.

Also, I'm the original, you can tell because my steam ID has my handle, and not a numerical\generated username

Well, technically if your steam account is old enough your steamID was your email address so a lot of people really had no choice but to change it around to get rid of that from showing.

Isn't the simple answer to go fishing in the Atomic group on steam?

Why don't you open up your atomic group and see if I'm there? :P

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/904124374

I really don't know how we turned that around after such an awful start. Though the jungling LC with no blink and the Clinkz that kept feeding us gems really did them no favours. I really don't like jungling LC's that don't press for early ganks. Moreso ones that never get blink. I'm still pissed at myself though for walking into that minefield with the gem. I knew it was there, I was heading there to clean it out and I still clicked move into the center of it like a retard.

I almost raged hard last night....

Probably the worst players in the entire DOTA community are the ones who can play 'solo' but cant even comprehend the team.

I played as SB, because I like him, and our team had little mobility but a lot of spells. great for team fights.

It wasnt too hard to out farm early game, I got a level or so ahead and began douchey SB charge ganking. and this is where it went downhill.

No one ever had a TP scroll, so an enemy would get to a tower, and everyone would run toward it onfoot. Of course I'd get there first and die, expecting some TP's.

Even after calmly and pleadingly explaining how you play WITH an SB on the team, Id spawn at base, charge out, declare it, ask for TP's to that lane as "We're going in!" and, no.

Yeah I can cancel the charge, and yeah if I'd done that I wouldn't have been accused of 'feeding', but really an unranked pub solo game isn't one to stress over.

It's just frustrating when people think you dont know what you'e doing, when its them who dont know how to work with you.

Dont misunderstand, if I DIDNT get the farm advantage early game I dont play that way, but since I did, any experienced group wouldhave noticed 'woo, snowballing SB, back that dude up!' but no....