Spriggan

Dota 2

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/933415085 Thirty straight minutes of how to almost throw the game repeatedly by an Asian four stack. There was like fifteen minutes straight where they had nothing but one racks left and still managed to push down all our mid towers and get into our base. Such a frustrating game. I'm honestly shocked we survived so long playing like we did. I kept getting myself killed trying to save the window licking Slark who kept wandering off into their jungle on his own to feed. I really need to stop trying to save idiots. Though if it wasn't for idiots I don't think we would of eventually won win. BS literally ruptured me while I was standing under the tower doing nothing, then didn't follow it up. Sure, nice ult. I'll just keep standing here then. Losing a game with Spectre this patch is like losing with Lycan or Tinker last patch...

That pudge had just a few flesh heap stacks.

Is anyone else's game crashing when they look at someone who bought crimson guard? Or is that just valve's really good linux support

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/935169647 Almost a new length record for me. I was kicking myself over that stupid, stupid aghs the moment I started it. Well, actually it originally an even stupider bloodstone, but that's beside the point. I knew I should of gone the sheepstick to start with while I still had gold coming in. But it ended up paying for itself on that final high ground push where we wiped them and had three (four? I'd have to check) at less then ten percent health. I'm shocked at my patience to wait out all the silences and the vacuum before finally moving in to drop it on top of them all.

Edit: And we'll follow that up with another marathon where our Tinker abandoned after over an hour because our video was a window licker. And he was right. Void bitched Medusa was too fat for him to kill, failed to ult her half the time and after his hour of free farm had managed to buy zero damage items outside of his MoM. I can see why Voids winrate has gone down this patch and it's nothing to do with nerfs, its just idiots keep picking him.

Edited by Ihsan

been out of the country for a while. So iv not played the new patch yet. :S Is it good ? anything to be worried about? Who is the new pub stomp hero ?

@spriggan

ALWAYS have a good hard carry. Death prophet is still broken as all hell. Lina + Bloodseeker is the newest dumb pub combo. bloodseeker can be a support now. PL is now a mid game fighter rather than a cancer. Not much else,

Lina? Lol, more like Zeus. Even ignoring the abuse Zeus is getting for MMR, why kill one person when you can kill the entire team? It gets even sillier when refresher comes up.

• Like 2

Good point, i think i heard something about fixing the zues MMR boosting though.

played a weaver bot game yesterday. His attack speed sucks now. Thinking of trying to build shadowblade/Moljnir on him :P lol

Im loving new riki so much fun. Love the new blink strike

Iirc they never touched his attack speed. Desolator still works, you just need to build it against the correct team now you've got a choice in what to build. Though I'm not entirely sure why you'd ever want to build a shadowblade on him.

A Faceless Void, a Phantom Assassin and a Sniper all zone into dire side. You lose because they're all fucking shit, have under thirty wins each and are all queued solo.

Sigh, today seems to be a day for idiots on carries. Game five hundred has come and gone and I just can't do it. I just can't carry stupid (though playing with Nich I should already know that). http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/946265237 Wasn't the worst Pudge I've come across, but dear god that Tiny. If I didn't know any better I'd say he was deliberately feeding the invoker. BS was trying to farm waves with blood rite despite what his item choice would lead you to believe and no one wanted to push towers, just sort of stand around in a big pack and look at the other team.

played a weaver bot game yesterday. His attack speed sucks now. Thinking of trying to build shadowblade/Moljnir on him :P lol

With the new geminate change (you can proc items) lightning is a decent item on him.

I usually build a: Orb of Venom (up to skadi), Maelstorm, Y&S, Phase Boots, dagon

The orbs get turns off for germinate attack (which is fine). He becomes one hell of a strike hero.

This of course leaves you useless as an overall carry, and also can leave you open if you might have needed a Linkens, but overall, I have the most success with strike builds on weaver.

In and out; time lapse, in and out again.

2x dagon plus a few attacks is nothing to be laughed at.

they changed geminate attack so he now attacks "slower" but items proc on second attack. Its very noticeable but i guess they had to nerf him a little or the double procs would be op. Going to give diffusal a go as well.

Game one today. Played offlane alch was fun. Our ursa carried hard and made up for the fact we had a shit kotl.

Second game felt like punching the 2 stack in the face. muted one of them and just got cranky. Singing in arabic and playing like shit :S oh well

Dear retard four stacks.

Please stop picking all supports or just don't play ever again. Thanks.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/949589233 Enigma was a random straight off the bat, so I picked Lina into it. Other team had at least Drow and one other showing by this point, possibly two, I can't recall. The mid player shuffled back and forth the whole time before settling near the end. Other two picked right at the end. I know Abaddon can work over a very long game, but the game never got that long and even if it did he was far more concerned with attacking the SB then either of the carries. I love my WR but even I can see it added nothing there failing to do anything in the offlane against Drow and don't get me started on that first item blink on her with no carries.

teckies feels very underwhelming. Just played a game where he played amazing early and mid game. Probably the other teams best player. but in the end after about 30 mins he just fell off a cliff and contributed nothing to the fights/game. Im thinking he would be great on a lineup with a very hard carry, just create space and let your carry farm sorta deal. But then you have to play 4 on 5 for the last few mins. :S

No, that's about right. He falls over very early and becomes little more then a mine your base for defense while your team tries to rat. It probably didn't help him very much that he came in the patch that nerfed deathball.

Not so; people just play him wrong.

Stop and consider all his abilities.

Early game, land mines take off a good 50% HP minimum, he is a fantastic in lane harass and jungle stopper. (no items needed for this; besides mana boots)

Mid game, as the pushes start, remote mines can protect a tower or deny ancients\rosh. I actually think the best use is in groups of 2 or 3, places like the river and jungles and pick off the low HP people returning to base; (need a way to travel quickly, I suggest a Shadow Blade\Lothars Edge, depending on your vintage :P)

Late game, your strength becomes your stuns. They may take a while, but 3 seconds is one hell of a stun in an AOE. This is where a refresher comes into play; since you've spent bugger all money anyway.

Shadow blade into a major team fight, drop a stun; 3 seconds pass and it goes off. Refresh, and drop another.

Now blow up, or shadow blade out.

Any excess money goes to Dagons or necromicon.

Obviously this wont work against everyone; but when it does, its game changing.

The other build is a blink dagger, and pre-placing the stun. So once it goes off, you can blink in and place the second one.

Overall I wouldnt rate him as a 'good hero choice' but if you happen to get one in an AR or something, you can play him right.

Early game, ward runes, set up traps, and net some annoying kills. In the opposing team's jungle, he can be a nightmare. See how willing the other team is to pull, when there's a chance their leg will get blown off. You can push pretty well with your mines too. If the opposing team all moves to another lane to push, just spam mines to clear waves, and start using them on the tower.

Once you hit 6, you are a pain in the arse. Mine the roshan, even if your opponent has gem, at least one of them needs to be in the pit, to see the mines. I've got entire team kills that way, on teams trying to sneak an early roshan.

Late game, he's great in two ways:

1. As a defender. Ever seen an enemy push confidently into a team with a parity techies (ie one not rendered useless by the flow of the rest of the game)? Techies is a good counter pick to a rat dota hero pick. You will often be able to kill techies and/or natures profit as they push the lane, and/or rebuff their pushes with remote mines. Around the base, with effectively limitless mana, you can fortify like crazy. There's no limit on quantity of remote mines in play.

2. If you have the upper hand, build a pushing build. The awesome thing about techies, is that you can "seed" a push while retreating. For instance, you push bottom a bit, then back off, setting up remote mines on the way back. One agh's remote mine can clear a wave, so setting up four or five on say the bottom lane, means you can push back four or five waves, easily. Then you join your team top. Sit back, for instance on the high ground before the entry to their base, and set up there. If you can lure just one of them into your killzone, you will stomp with the rest of your heroes.

Techies isn't implicitly bad, it's just he plays differently from everyone else, and your long-term techies plan may be based around your team composition.

However, he is FAR stronger as a counter to a split push team, and a counter to a team attempting to BD. He's definitely not on par with a regular hero, in team fights. I mean, try comparing him in a team fight to someone like magnus. Don't even bother!

Anyone stolen the kill on roshan with mines?

Also, agh mines have pretty good blast.

If your opponent has a gem, and is causing you problems, then try and set up a roshan pit kill on the gem bearer, or alternatively cover the ward spots with mines. Check if they are counter-warding them first. With mines on the ward spots, they will only see them with gem from certain angles (assuming they don't ward them). You can often kill their warding supports and/or the gem bearer himself.

the game i was talking about we had shadowfiend, pa, lifestealer as the carries. Shadow got a gem and just took out all the mines. Once the highground cluster was gone we just smashed the tower. rinse repeat

If techies is good, and everyone else on the team is trash, then he can't win the late game. But the same is true of most heroes.

If you cleared the highground cluster, under the tower, and they weren't strong enough to win a team fight in those conditions, then of course techies can't do anything.