scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

On 9/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, Jeruselem said:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-28/future-submarine-project-deadlocked-french-shipbuilder-digs-in/10311294?section=politics

You know those French submarines, well the builders and LNP government haven't signed the official agreement and are still squabbling over the contract !!! So we might not even get any subs out of this.

Japan wants to do a re-quote.  They reckon they were blindsided by the requirement to have some of the work done in Australia, which is why the French and German quotes were stronger.

On 15/10/2018 at 9:09 AM, Jeruselem said:

When one scrolls down in that link of yours, one will see some talk on the idea of using the Syd. Opera House to display large images of the children on Nauru.  I'm not a fan of the idea, just as I'm not a fan of the idea to use the sales to promote anything else.

43 minutes ago, eveln said:

When one scrolls down in that link of yours, one will see some talk on the idea of using the Syd. Opera House to display large images of the children on Nauru.  I'm not a fan of the idea, just as I'm not a fan of the idea to use the sales to promote anything else.

I have adblock so I tend not to see those ads

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-16/morrison-regrets-senators-backing-anti-white-racism-support/10381038

" ... Facing an almost immediate backlash, Attorney-General Christian Porter, whose office directed Coalition senators to vote in favour of the motion, defended the move on social media.

"The Government senators' actions in the Senate this afternoon confirm that the Government deplores racism of any kind," he said...."

Until our interumm PM gets wind of it that is  ... LOL

• Like 1

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-17/wentworth-by-election-fake-email-claims-kerryn-phelps-has-hiv/10382406

I swear from that photo of Dr Phelps, she stole my ear ring style almost down to a complete replication of it. There's a difference but minute .
But fuck her ! I've been wearing my combo for almost thirty years !!

On a pollie note ... that's some nasty email shenanigans by somebody  ... I've a feeling it might work for her though. I mean really sad case of play if you ask me.

Edited by eveln

4 hours ago, eveln said:

nasty email shenanigans by somebody [...] really sad case of play if you ask me.

Alas, it's pretty typical of the state of (at least right wing) politics atm.  Our mob of religitards look to the US and think they can play that game too.

BTW: How in hell did we manage to end up with a majority of the Mound being extreme churchies, when 90% or so of Aus is either unaffiliated or atheist?  Does it not bother anyone else that these fucknuts are basing their policies on "God will fix it"; "God hates fags"; and even "Let the Reckoning come!" - rather than trying to avoid driving the planet into a cliff or treating people like people?

@Cybes

but, but church / god has always played a strong part in our politics, regardless of left, right leanings. For the most part, it's still the old pollie families and 'friends' that hold real sway. Sure some 'upstarts' manage to tag along too, but a lot of our politicians
are following family traditions which generally tend to include a church or two in the background. Or so it seems to me.

Edited by eveln

8 hours ago, Cybes said:

Alas, it's pretty typical of the state of (at least right wing) politics atm.  Our mob of religitards look to the US and think they can play that game too.

BTW: How in hell did we manage to end up with a majority of the Mound being extreme churchies, when 90% or so of Aus is either unaffiliated or atheist?  Does it not bother anyone else that these fucknuts are basing their policies on "God will fix it"; "God hates fags"; and even "Let the Reckoning come!" - rather than trying to avoid driving the planet into a cliff or treating people like people?

Old boys clubs ... those are everywhere especially among the elite like pollies, CEOs and people with power in general.

The thing is there's no guarantee the letter came from the liberals.  Howard was pretty outraged that someone even suggested it may have been a Liberal thing.

Geez Nich ... everyone  < rolls eyes > knows it was the Russians !

Could have been anyone from any of the parties or even someone from within Phelps support group trying a bit of reverse psych on the campaign ... I mean it was a total given the email was gonna become news ffs.

what ever, it's a really sad case of play for anyone to be playing.

edit:  ... Howard being being pretty outraged ... he's just letting us know he's still breathing

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, eveln said:

Geez Nich ... everyone  < rolls eyes > knows it was the Russians !

Could have been anyone from any of the parties or even someone from within Phelps support group trying a bit of reverse psych on the campaign ... I mean it was a total given the email was gonna become news ffs.

what ever, it's a really sad case of play for anyone to be playing.

edit:  ... Howard being being pretty outraged ... he's just letting us know he's still breathing

I'm sure Howard is trying forget about the Lindsay pamphlet scandal with former minister Jackie Kelly eh?

5 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

I'm sure Howard is trying forget about the Lindsay pamphlet scandal with former minister Jackie Kelly eh?

'course he is. Actually he prolly doesn't have to try too hard ... pollies have selective amnesia down to a fine art

1 hour ago, eveln said:

'course he is. Actually he prolly doesn't have to try too hard ... pollies have selective amnesia down to a fine art

Funny thing they tried the trick on someone who's a member of libs anyway and she knows probably what nonsense they get up to

and.... labor is suggesting scomo should call a federal election, although the libs are yet to formally concede wentworth is gone

hahahahha.... i don' think so if he's enjoying being the leader of the country, because it's be a rout

tony abbott seems to have had his vocal cords cut for several weeks now

the thought of scomo telling us tomorrow that the liberals have heard australia and they'll be working harder than ever to do whatever it is they believe they are doing, will be even more nauseating than his usual schtick

• Like 1

Libs will claim they got the message from the by-election ... yeah right, they've been deaf to any messages until they get their asses kicked during by-elections

Edited by Jeruselem

12 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Libs will claim they got the message from the by-election .

Unfortunately as the far right has a lot of influence in the  LNP I could see this displaying as even nastier policies against the easy targets and the vulnerable, because the far right will claim they lost the seat because ScoMo was too soft and lefty.

the next federal election will see the libs annihilated

tony abbott will push to lead the righteous right, and they'll be dead, buried and cremated for quite a spell

Ohh my. Just home now to see this. lol. I do wonder if Labor can lose Shorten before the next election. I doubt that Shorten can win an election for them ever.

Slightly interesting times ahead, hey what ?!

Postal votes coming in and the gap between the Kerryn and Dave is narrow, LNP could steal it maybe