scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

On 10/19/2018 at 7:50 AM, eveln said:

Geez Nich ... everyone  < rolls eyes > knows it was the Russians ! 

Seriously. I didn’t do it.

30 minutes ago, Leonid said:

Seriously. I didn’t do it.

and even though I've never met you. I believe you

Edited by eveln

Wow ... like only a matter of weeks before the mid terms and suddenly some of the Democrats are getting 'fan' mail . It's crazy potentially life threatening behaviour ... so glad all we do here is make fake emails / propoganda

... once again the shit be bigger in the USofA.

Edited by eveln

17 minutes ago, eveln said:

Wow ... like only a matter of weeks before the mid terms and suddenly some of the Democrats are getting 'fan' mail . It's crazy potentially life threatening behaviour ... so glad all we do here is make fake emails / propoganda

... once again the shit be bigger in the USofA.

People in MAGA hats making presents for them?

seems they were just pretend jobbies, so not much different to our lot after all

7 hours ago, eveln said:

seems they were just pretend jobbies, so not much different to our lot after all

Poorly made, perhaps, but real explosives and real glass shrapnel.

19 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

People in MAGA hats making presents for them?

so a guy living in a van  has the resources to part-build parcel bombs and distribute them around to over a dozen individuals in the US. Amazing he did it in such good time that all folk seemed to receive their parcels around the same few days. I mean, it's been said there
were no postal stamps on the parcels ... but the FBI got his fingerprints off at least one of the parcels, so I guess the dude is guilty ...

3 hours ago, eveln said:

it's been said there were no postal stamps on the parcels

Eve.  You're better than to buy into conspiracy theories this weak, surely.  Pipe bombs are dirt cheap to make, especially in the US; posting a bunch of stuff at once is hardly difficult; and I've *seen* photographs of the package sent to CNN - it has six stamps on it.  Given the caliber of this guy, I would not be surprised if these are the kind with glue and he licked them.

Even if you think CNN are a bunch of mongrels who would stoop to mocking up their own package, which is  easier to believe: that many lefties simultaneously decided to fake this stuff in order to paint the Elephants in a bad light when OJ Blimpson does that himself every day; or that an 8-time looser loonie with daddy issues latched onto Trump and interpreted his daily hate-tweets as a kill list?

2 hours ago, Cybes said:

Eve.  ... and I've *seen* photographs of the package sent to CNN - it has six stamps on it.

no no not postage stamps. I saw those, but the ink stamp that generally happens going through the postal service. I didn't see any of those markings ... I may just have missed them but I don't know .They're usually visible over the top of the stamp/s,  and on the envelope ...

As for conspiracy theories ... this place could do with a 'theory' or two just to put some life back in to it ?

Edited by eveln

13 minutes ago, eveln said:

no no not postage stamps. I saw those, but the ink stamp that generally happens going through the postal service. I didn't see any of those markings ... I may just have missed them but I don't know .They're usually visible over the top of the stamp/s,  and on the envelope ...

As for conspiracy theories ... this place could do with a 'theory' or two just to put some life back in to it ?

??

Not sure how that could happen, US post service so far as I know still cancels stamps, the only way they should not be cancelled would be if they were hand delivered which seems a little unlikely given the distribution.

Either way FBI have arrested some loser, left a print behind on one of the envelopes and he had priors so he was in their database, he also apparently has some knowledge of bomb building. Not sure what that means, he is also apparently a strong Republican..

Maybe it's just me but that seems a little quick and a little too pat.

Of course he could have been on a watch list but even the SS are not usually that quick, then again they can't be everywhere.

Puzzling...

Cheers

9 hours ago, chrisg said:

Not sure how that could happen

After the forst, the USPS started x-raying everything of the same profile.

If the pic were of one of the intercepted parcels (ie: undelivered) it would not have been cancelled yet.

2 hours ago, Cybes said:

If the pic were of one of the intercepted parcels (ie: undelivered) it would not have been cancelled yet.

Hmm,

Depends in what order a postal item goes through the US postal system I guess.

I'm no expert on postal systems so what you are suggesting may well be the case.

It sort of adds a little to the mystery though, Homeland made a big deal about the stepped up surveillance process  after the anthrax scare especially. you'd think even an inept terrorist would be aware of that. The postal system is a lousy way to deliver items intended to harm the receiver these days,  just a little peculiar (says he trying to add fuel to a conspiracy that Ev wants to be there.) ?

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

you'd think even an inept terrorist would be aware of that

You saw the pics of that guy's van, I assume.  I'm surprised he can tie his shoes.

In other news: somebody just shot up a synagog.

Edited by Cybes

4 hours ago, Cybes said:

Yes. That makes sense. I guess to show a parcel that had the stamps 'cancelled' already would not be a good look ?

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

Hmm,

Depends in what order a postal item goes through the US postal system I guess.

I'm no expert on postal systems so what you are suggesting may well be the case.

It sort of adds a little to the mystery though, Homeland made a big deal about the stepped up surveillance process  after the anthrax scare especially. you'd think even an inept terrorist would be aware of that. The postal system is a lousy way to deliver items intended to harm the receiver these days,  just a little peculiar (says he trying to add fuel to a conspiracy that Ev wants to be there.) ?

Cheers

Yeah !

I mean geez-louise ! They might even know to not put their finger prints on the parcel too ...

@Cybes   " You saw the pics of that guy's van, I assume.  I'm surprised he can tie his shoes. " ... [ I don't seem able to delete your clip << is why I didn't just quote this post as per ...]

... but you think him capable of sending over a dozen really nasty pieces of mail to various people around the country . I mean that's mean getting all the right addresses and spelling and well licking the envelopes and, well, it just gets harder and more complicated don't it ?

Edited by eveln

38 minutes ago, eveln said:

but you think him capable of sending over a dozen really nasty pieces of mail to various people around the country

Yes.  Because he *can* tie his shoes, and making pipe bombs (even ones that actually work) is remarkably easy, and so is operating a mailbox.

51 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Yes.  Because he *can* tie his shoes, ...

Ohh .That's still to be verified too. I've only seen mug shots so far ... oh hang on I think Jeruselem posted a full body pic somewhere ... < goes to have a look see >

... nope. the pic cuts him off at the lower leg. no shoe shots so far.

?

Possibly I should not say this, but just how hard do you think it be would be for Homeland, aka U.S. Gestapo to replace the fingerprints on file for this patsy with those of some mail clerk and then put those prints on the envelope ?

BTW, do they even make stamps you lick anymore ? I don't buy them much  but they always seem to be peel and stick.

They'd have to dig deep in some desk drawer to find any old style ones.

I'm not at all familiar with U.S. stamps but I wonder just how old the stamps pictured are - usually obvious from the picture on the stamp.

I also don't know if you can even get DNA off a peeled stamp, not that they have used that claim anyway but I'd have thought steaming for example would destroy the DNA plus DNA is not the infallible tool they claim, highly unreliable according to many reports but still accepted in a court of law.

Same argument though, they have him in custody, hardly difficult to obtain his DNA and plant it on the suspect items.

Cheers

The stamps were DNA based ChrisG.  

From a guy that has a LONG criminal history.  So.  DNA sample on record.  

This wasn't fingerprints (they were corroboration).  

The dude fucking licked the stamps.  Of course they have DNA.

AD

1 hour ago, AccessDenied said:

The stamps were DNA based ChrisG.  

From a guy that has a LONG criminal history.  So.  DNA sample on record.  

This wasn't fingerprints (they were corroboration).  

The dude fucking licked the stamps.  Of course they have DNA.

AD

?

That doesn't change my method(s) by which he could framed AD.

If I wanted to frame someone for a crime like this I'd look through the prior offenders to find a profile that matched as well.

It also doesn't change my contention that DNA cross matching is less than completely reliable either :

https://www.alrc.gov.au/publications/44-criminal-proceedings/reliability-dna-evidence

(Relax,I'm not suggesting he was actually framed, just suggesting ways in which it could be done to create a "conspiracy theory for Ev's amusement ? )

Cheers