scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

14 hours ago, eveln said:

Looky here ! how surprising that the Coalition and Labor come together in order to protect the knowledge of donations and where they came from . this sort of explain why the Greens are bloody distracted right now with attacking their own party. timing is brilliant for the Gov. & Labor.

ooops . relevant linky for you

LNP and ALP get money from their corporate "donors" which is just another means of open bribery. They want to hide those donor names because getting money from "Missile Launchers R Us" isn't a good look

APEC time, I wonder if they'll get anything done that's actually useful.

So APEC turned into a complete clusterf**k where nothing was achieved because of the trade tensions. I guess Australia had something to announce but it was really nothing to do with actual trade

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-19/us-china-divisions-deepen-at-apec-summit/10509240?section=politics

PNG will get power and Internets though ... and new port

Edited by Jeruselem

Looks the the Abbott/Turnbull conflict is all open and the Turnbulls want Abbott to be kicked out next election.

Noticed there's no One Nation Party in there. Pauline given up on Victoria?

Edited by Jeruselem

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

https://catespeaks.wordpress.com/victorian-state-election-2018/

Surprisingly amusing summaries of the nonsense parties running for election in Vic tomorrow.

this quote did it for me

First, I can’t read the name ‘Country Party’ without thinking of the anecdote about Sir Winton Turnbull ranting about a particular adjournment and shouting “I am a Country Member” to which Gough Whitlam drily interjected “Oh, I remember.”  So that just makes me giggle every time.

thanks for the link; i'm in

• Haha 1

We have the Country Liberal Party up here in the NT, which are just really the National Herp Derp Party.

Edited by Jeruselem

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-24/china-stone-coal-mine-qld-approval-reckless-conservationists-say/10551484

" The $6.7 billion project will contribute about $188 million annually in royalties to the Queensland Government during its first 25 years of operation. "

This new mine biz is supposed to happen along the proposed Adani mine in the Galilea Basin. The Adani one is still hopefully an " if it happens " thing. Now given both mines being allowed to do their thing, I don't think less than $200 million ( from one of the mine ventures)
is enough of a win for any Gov. to be spruiking as a deal winner. And given the destruction of the land, I'm not sure any mine would be willing to pay the probable billions needed to fix the health of the people or the land ...

The health of people working the mines will no doubt bring on more law suits. And that's only the beginning . The country,  people, wildlife and farmed animals currently occupying the area are doomed . The water feeding them will be diverted. I know I sound like a 'greenie' here,
but seriously, this is just fucking reckless of this Gov.

Maybe they wanted this mine knowing the Adani deal could collapse at any moment

13 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Scummo is no different to Dutton as PM as far as I'm concerned.

It amuses me greatly that people ever thought he would be. He literally wrote the book on being a cunt, Dutton just added to it.

Rumours are Minister for Wrecking the NSW transport system ( Andrew Constance ) wants to go to Canberra as a federal MP. Yes, that Ferry McFerryFace guy.

Edited by Jeruselem

Front page of today's Australian had Scummo issuing the pollie fight as a Scummo or Shorty affair for the leadership of the country.  Third option might win

54 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

How is the Scummo bus doing the Qld there?

current events seem to suggest he might be thrown under it

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

How is the Scummo bus doing the Qld there?

Don't think it ventured this far north. Haven't paid it any attention, other than that skit with the memes ... that was fun