scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

On 05/12/2018 at 10:42 PM, scruffy1 said:
On 05/12/2018 at 10:12 PM, eveln said:

Questions : Is Macly smart enough to fool this universe and play the media and the average Joe ? ... with all his comments and suggestions, when it seems his continued chat has the effect now of actually making some of the more moderate members stand with and behind the Party
... Is Malcy smart enough to have played that not so long game for the outcome of bringing the Libs and Coalition back into some sort of order after August , in order to give them a fighting chance of stopping Shorty form being PM ?

short answer... no

longer version....  no & no

crikey scruffy ! don't be sooo longwinded.

my take on the cic proposal, with apologies to banjo

there were movements in the house, and the whiff had got around
that the leadership of scott had got away
the libs were passing motions, for their fear was so profound
and their benches showed the marks of disarray
all the tired and old distractions as the chief did raise the bar
were blustered to the house with pious might
for the pollies love time biding where the wild ideas are
and the public snuffs a loser in full flight

• Like 3

Next we'll recognise Taipei as the capital of Taiwan, but still keep our embassy in Beijing so as to not discourage a two-state solution.

5 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

scooter is really a complete idiot

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-15/government-recognises-west-jerusalem-but-keeps-tel-aviv-embassy/10614226

surely this is just provocative to our muslim neighbours, and done to complicate life for the next australian government (which won't be his)

Why would Israel ultimately care what we chose to recognise ? I mean really if our Gov. doesn't relocate our embassy then wtf would it matter whether ? 

Just stupid hype . <<< scummo is the " Hype Master  apprentice " here.  The title of " Master" would give his words moar credence .

I sat through the two-part thing on Bob Hawke last night ( iView). Interesting

Edited by eveln
emhasis mine to show edit of clarity ... hopefully

If Labor wins next year you can guarantee that'll be pissed away instantly.

Oh dear, Scotty is having a great time as PM. Another lib MP resigns doing a Barbaby Joyce (Andrew Broad). Married "Chrisian" MP doing women on the side ...

Edited by Jeruselem

4 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Or the numbers have been fudged by our friend Josh?

This, and if they get back in it will always be "next year" for the surplus.

6 minutes ago, aliali said:

This, and if they get back in it will always be "next year" for the surplus.

He didn't thank the ALP for the 300 million in tax cuts that didn't happen which happens to be 300 million in taxes they will take now

7 hours ago, Rybags said:

If Labor wins next year you can guarantee that'll be pissed away instantly.

You know it wouldn't even matter now if the most conservative of Labor governments got in. In my experience businesses assume the worst will happen and stop spending with a Labor government. A self fulfilling prophecy. 

I'm not by any means saying they have a perfect track record of spending. I think a lot of things though that need to be done wouldn't get done by a Liberal government and a Labor government in many cases goes to far the other way in that respect. I think it would be interesting to see how bad a Labor government really looked if many businesses gave them a fair go. Maybe they'd be better and maybe they would be worse just thinking they had more money.

• Like 1

I find that as she evolves Annabel just gets better and better. There are times I find her not so good but this article is not one of those times ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-20/annabel-crabb-andrew-broad-year-in-canberra-scott-morrison/10636166

It's a good read but the bit I'll copy/patse is my fav. ... She's referring to Mr Broad here ...

"... Also: Why would said minister, signing up for a "Sugar Daddy" dating service, not only use his real name but regularly advise the intended recipient of his distinctly Australian amatory style ("I'm an Aussie lad, I know how to ride a horse,
fly a plane and f**k my woman") just how senior and important he was?

I mean, not that we necessarily look for World's Best Practice Philandering in the ranks of executive government, but it stands to reason that a gent who is incapable of discreetly getting his rocket polished in an Asian financial centre might
not be your best bet for, I don't know, building a very fast train or regulating the dairy industry. ..."

It's not so much that the guy did these things above, everybody's got the right to live how they choose, well sort of 😉 It's that he was deemed by somebody/s  worthy of our tax dollars that's got me flummoxed

Edited by eveln

Rumours are  George christensen has been using tax payers money for paying for girlies in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Rumours are  George christensen has been using tax payers money for paying for girlies in Thailand.

that's dangerous on so many levels