scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

26 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

i'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that when Stevie Wonder is alone at home and drops his guts, not only does Stevie hear it, it's also fairly musical. 😛

yeah, okay ... but well those nights on the beaches away from the city lights and moonless to boot ...

4 minutes ago, aliali said:

DzQ_I0VVAAA8rza.jpg

Hey, where's that from? 

Half a billion here, half a billion there... 

This time it's...

...a “little-known Singapore company with a registered address on Kangaroo Island” which is a beach shack at the end of a dirt road.

Such sound economic management. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Kimmo said:

great article.  only issue i have is with this: "Malcolm Turnbull was long viewed as the great moderate hope, because “moderate” has come to mean “socially moderate (or progressive); economic conservative” – as though the latter does not completely undermine the former."  i dont accept the oversimplification that the latter and former are necessarily completely at odds.   in practice, within the Liberal party as we know it, but not as a universal maxim. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

in practice, within the Liberal party as we know it, but not as a universal maxim. 

I guess it depends on how you define socially moderate and economically conservative. I can see regarding it as drawing a long bow, but OTOH, 'economically conservative' can mean some pretty dastardly shit which inescapably harms society in enough ways to matter a lot. Reducing social mobility, for example. 

1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

She's pretending to be a tree int the parliament gardens.

Another closed contract! Just another 423 million. Oh yes, a certain Karen Dutton works for Paladin Security.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-18/government-to-be-grilled-over-manus-island-security-contracts/10820268

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Like 1

There were some pretty pics of Pyne with his eternally smiley face looking very chummy with some Saudi big-wigs doing weaponry deals... Seems Aus. Gov. Is doing the selling.

Australia selling stuff to the Saudis which might appear in Yemen where they are using the population as target practice?

On 2/18/2019 at 12:36 PM, Jeruselem said:

He got hacxored officially but don't worry says the PM! They didn't name the culprits but it's not too hard to guess the suspect.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-18/prime-minister-scott-morrison-cyber-attack-hackers/10821170

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/entertainment/asio-urges-christensen-to-stop-opening-penis-enlargement-pop-ups-to-prevent-future-cyberhacks/

• Like 1

It's happened before J, then they increased the order, Chinese are trying to assist their local coal miners but it doesn't seem to work.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

It's happened before J, then they increased the order, Chinese are trying to assist their local coal miners but it doesn't seem to work.

Cheers

Or a ploy to get us to sell it cheaper to them. I suspect the Chinese coal is pretty dirty compared to imports.

They've always take the straight approach to drive down prices - did it with iron ore.

China has been lifting its game with dirty coal, it truly was awful stuff and hugely polluting in the huge quantities they burn. Leigh Creek brown coal looks like dirt tbh but the Port Augusta stations were able to burn it pretty cleanly, China is taking the same approach which is at least one step forward. PA stations are decommissioned now, being replaced by solar farms - China would be a bloody big mirror if they did that 🙂

Cheers