scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

It was said to me the other day that Aus. should vote for Clive and Hansen. And leave the Greens, Coalition and Labor totally out of the loop all together. Wouldn't that be a hoot !?

31 minutes ago, eveln said:

It was said to me the other day that Aus. should vote for Clive and Hansen. And leave the Greens, Coalition and Labor totally out of the loop all together. Wouldn't that be a hoot !?

I've thought of starting a website that let's people interact with their local independents and they can explain their positions on whatever it is you want to know. Start voting for someone instead of a party. I think cohesive government could be tricky that way but I doubt it would be enough to change more than a few seats. 

2 hours ago, eveln said:

Wouldn't that be a hoot !?

Why, because the drivel that passes for political debate in this country is too substantive and well-informed? 

4 hours ago, fliptopia said:

I've thought of starting a website that let's people interact with their local independents and they can explain their positions on whatever it is you want to know. Start voting for someone instead of a party. I think cohesive government could be tricky that way but I doubt it would be enough to change more than a few seats. 

The fact that this person was even talking let alone possibly considering voting for either Clive or Hansen is a testament to the utter shite we have all allowed to continue happening in our Government. I want our general way of Governing to be maintained, but I do not want those within the current system using the law at their own particular whim alone. And that is what is happening big time. It needs to stop. I wish I knew how to make it so

• Like 1

That's what I thought the site might do. Give people real choice outside parties so the parties have to really try for a vote. 

8 hours ago, eveln said:

I wish I knew how to make it so

Federal ICAC now

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This must be humiliating Morrison.

Good. Karma's right fist has been headed for that cunt's nose for a long time.

• Like 1

Well, I don't really give a hoot that Ciobo is going ... but Pyne always struck me as someone who had a mind that would consider with interest before disregarding his opponent .

As for Morrison, he  has a thick skin, he told us so. This whole thing will be a nightmare not of his making, and he will survive 😉

So, what this means for Labor, is that it will likely gain Gov. due to there being no real contenders ... unless of course Clive wins cos absolutely no one wants to see the faceless rat take the helm

• Like 1

RIP Pyne. I'll miss his theatrics almost as much as his pov

9 minutes ago, SacrificialNewt said:

I, for one, will not miss Pyne. Not one bit.

Not even all the times his media reactions were completely at odds with the govt party messaging?

1 minute ago, Nich... said:

Not even all the times his media reactions were completely at odds with the govt party messaging?

1 minute ago, Nich... said:

Not even then. Bye Felicia!

21 minutes ago, SacrificialNewt said:

I, for one, will not miss Pyne. Not one bit.

Pyne is a wily young devil. No doubt about it. The last action of his I did not enjoy seeing him in was apparently selling weaponry to the Saudis, and this was just recently. I like the fact that he could and would sit with his opposite number and talk without having to hurl monumental abuse at every turn and still agree not to agree. It's not an easy feat, at least not for someone like me anyway ;)

It might just be timing, and he might well leave now due to his Party's current Governing issues, but his familial history is the men die in their fifties ... he's about 51 or 52 I think

Gotta admit I never quite knew how to take Pyne.

He spent so much of the last six years dithering between fawning bootlick and loose cannon that I can't help but wonder if his whole political career was just one giant troll.

Still he did give us a gift, the time he dropped the C-bomb on the House floor was pretty funny.

• Like 1

C-bomb for those reading lips, the fixer, and when not toeing the party line on how dangerous it was to go outside after dark in Melbourne for fear of being deaded by the evil dark skinned migrants.

• Like 1

Show me one person who doesn't look like a complete luny when caught in a still frame moment . Youtube is full of really horrendous shots of both Pelosi and AOC. Julies Bishop and Gillard have some real shockers too.

Show me someone who doesn't get caricatured as a pink poodle. 

Oh wait, that's almost everyone except Christopher Pyne. He is the very definition of a smarmy prat.

Although, at least he has a touch more class than most of those shameless bounders and spivs. Take that rancid Scummo pig; he's halfway as repulsive as Trump - that's pretty damn high up the shit list. And that's allegedly the best of the bunch... 

• Like 1