scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

Actually Pyne is quite amusing ... compared to potato head

30 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Christopher Pyne. He is the very definition of a smarmy prat.

I've met Pyne (briefly, admittedly) and he is indeed thoroughly punchable.

• Like 1

Even his name; the way he goes the full Christopher, and the way it flows into Pyne... such a mincing toff. 

Pyne is a thoroughly political animal, and theres a predictability to that which became more amusing as time wore on.

punchable? haha definitely.  but others far eclipse him!

just days ago there was a thumb for some video about Martin Shkreli in youtube's recommended videos, which actually compelled me to put "most punchable face of all time" into image search.  based on frequency, i am happy to report that Martin Shkreli is the undisputed champion, with Ajit Pai and Ted Cruz among deserving runners up

• Like 2

There’s a certain angle - and I’ve only seen it maybe two or three times in Pyne’s career - where the man is an absolute dead ringer for Beavis from Beavis and Butthead. It’s still my prime association with him, even if most of the time it’s not there.

Posted (edited)

My choice for the two undisputed champions for most punchable are Morrison and Ted Cruz. Mind you, there were times when Rudd would get the snigger on ...

Edited by eveln

3 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Another day, another fish kill !!! That's the fourth one. We don't need fish in that part of river hey ...

may have saved 70 billion litres a year compared with the federal government's estimate of more than 10 times that figure.

You've spent billions of dollars and you've not measured what you've got."

Sounds about right for this Government. Make up numbers then claim some ridiculous result from those numbers. Buggers are completely useless if not outright corrupt.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's like consultants do modelling on energy efficiency of a building and in reality it's nothing like that actually modeled.

Then modelling how a natural system works is pretty much guess work and then they had some stupid assumptions which never happen.

Edited by Jeruselem

Posted (edited)

Alliianz stadium will be destroyed, and rebuilt by taxpayers of NSW  a legacy of the current NSW government. Apparently the same people designed the current stadium, designed the new one!

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/allianz-stadium-demolition-to-go-ahead-after-nsw-government-wins-court-battle-20190306-p5123g.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1551852015

Edited by Jeruselem

18 hours ago, aliali said:

Buggers are completely useless if not outright corrupt.

How could there be any doubt of the corruption? Half a billion here, half a billion there, get caught out with pants down, piss all over standards of propriety by brazening it out, etc, etc, etc. 

Rancid scum. 

Interests ahead of ideas, friends before philosophy, denial instead of debate. The desperate rush by “law and order” conservatives to defend a child rapist has shown there is no principle that the right of Australian politics won’t abandon in order to protect one of their inner circle. The “tough on crime” brigade are usually quick to criticise judges for lenient sentencing, but with George Pell we are told that the trial was ordeal enough for the frail old man. The political strategy of the tribal right in Australia is built on such hypocrisy.

Pell’s conviction for five counts of sexually abusing children has led some of the loudest voices on the right to defend their personal friend rather than their personal values. Just as they insist they are better able to evaluate the evidence of climate science than climate scientists, much of the News Corp commentariat has declared they are better able to evaluate the evidence in a court case than a jury. 

While the world has changed, the right’s agenda has not. Their narrow boys club might agree that equal marriage, climate change, and gender inequality aren’t “serious issues”, voters disagree. They are not losing the plot, they are losing the ability to conceal their contradictions. 

The world has changed but the agenda of Australia's tribal right has not

• Like 1

Just a few years ago here in Aus. a paedophile was caught and charged and jailed. He was a clean cut pleasant enough man in his very early thirties, (maybe a bit younger ),he worked in child care. His colleagues thought he was the best and most caring of workers...because his crimes of sexual assault against infants and toddlers was recent and ongoing, proving it to be so, was not too hard. That is of course after complaints were properly noted . And even then, his colleagues were totally incredulous.

I would've been bloody happy to have witnessed Pell's defrocking from the church and any other position of authority simply for his utter disregard of children left under his protection . Of that much of his history, I'm certain he is absolutely guilty, and the fact he is still referred to as "Cardinal" is, imo, is yet another crime the church is guilty of.

I am not in favour of kangaroo courts / lynching style rhetoric. It doesn't' help either.

" Their narrow boys club might agree that equal marriage, climate change, and gender inequality aren’t “serious issues”, voters disagree. "  <<< taken from Kimmo's quoting from the Guardian

I think the Guardian is still addressing the coalition of the Libs with that comment above, but there were / are a hell of a lot of church going left wingers who were / are not really into the equal marriage and gender equality stuff too.

The amount of personal beliefs that conflicted with the Party room of whatever the persuasion was one of the main reasons for the delay ... and of course Howard deciding for us all to just change the wording of the law which brought about all the time and money wasted ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eveln said:

a lot of church going left wingers

I have my doubts about that particular phrase.

2 hours ago, Cybes said:
3 hours ago, eveln said:

a lot of church going left wingers

I have my doubts about that particular phrase.

They may not be all Catholics . Kimmo and the gospel according to the Guardian were referring to Aussie Government. As was I, but I was referring to the Opposition as left wingers of course ... and a lot of them folk are church going dudes too ... well they are for the voters and media anyway, or so it seems to me.

What really gets my goat about Pell and the Catholic Organisation, is that if the Organisation had cast him out when his lack of proper care was first noted he would not be in the position he now finds him self in.

Or, well he might be, but it may not be wrt to alter boys or other kids within the Catholic Organisation ... if you see what I mean.

8 hours ago, eveln said:

As was I, but I was referring to the Opposition as left wingers of course

May be left compared to the LNP dropkicks but the ALP is hardly a left wing party these days. Both major parties have shifted quite a bit to the right since the 1970s at least.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aliali said:

May be left compared to the LNP dropkicks but the ALP is hardly a left wing party these days. Both major parties have shifted quite a bit to the right since the 1970s at least.

ALP swung fast to the right, they have the corporate shills backing them as the LNP. Money talks

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

ALP swung fast to the right, they have the corporate shills backing them as the LNP. Money talks

I mostly concur ... Which makes the Guardian's attack on the Gov. even less accurate. The problem of the mentality wrt to criminal paedophiles has no real political or religious boundaries.

To imply that it does, seriously demeans us all.

• Like 1