scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

Looks like they had fun choosing the thumbnail frame - egg's gone splat, Anning is yet to register... 

Reminds me of the precise moment you can see Ralph Wiggum's heart break 😀

Posted (edited)

so, free beer and assault, for the assaulter, are okay for a person speaking their mind ... hope you guys are down with that when physically confronted with someone who doesn't like what you say.

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Milos

This fucken cockspangle.

acSciFm.jpg

Begging for the Mitt Romney treatment.

nEa0Yo5.jpg

41 minutes ago, eveln said:

so, free beer and assault, for the assaulter, are okay for a person speaking their mind ... hope you guys are down with that when physically confronted with someone who doesn't like what you say.

I hope if I ever piss on the graves of fifty innocent people that someone *does* egg me in the head. Maybe it'll undo whatever brain damage I suffered.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aquilus said:

He’ll never have to pay for a beer for the rest of his life.

he should run for  the senate

Probably get more than 19 votes

9 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

he should run for  the senate

• Haha 1

I wonder what this bloke's up to these days... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuERw2ZC5TmM8w71p7gcH

Chelsea Clinton was surrounded and badgered particularly by a woman who pointedly accused Chelsea of helping to cause the massacre in Christchurch, because she ( Chelsea ) spoke out about anti Semitism.

the dude doing the egging has now quite like got a record deal or free tickets to something or his own personal star for his filmed assault of another ... What's next do you reckon ? I mean eggs are pretty lame really and if he keeps it up someones are gonna complain about the disgraceful waste of food ... maybe he'll use paint or water bombs or something with a bit of zing in it . Vinegar would give the eyes a bit of a sting yeah ?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Kimmo said:

he's a complete oxygen thief, but...

getup would do better to educate the public about how to effectively use preferential voting to send some direct messages

like, vote for a benign ratbag who won't get in, and first preference goes to your party of choice who won't get the blood money of a primary vote; effectively making them pay for their own campaign

and my personal favourite : number all the boxes, but put tony last

Edited by scruffy1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

What I'm finding super annoying these days is people just want to ban people from speaking ... if this keeps up we'll have evolved into a species with no idea of how to like or not like an opinion ... well actually, we just won't have opinions ... ffs

Edited by eveln

Unlimited tolerance allows for the disappearance of tolerance. Free speech, pff. There are countless examples that illustrate free speech absolutism is madness. 

If Fraser Anning was a foreigner trying to get into the country, there's a good chance he wouldn't get a visa on character grounds, just like his mate Milo. So why the fuck he gets to be a senator is beyond me...

1,175,000 folks have signed that petition, smashing the previous record, so that's an extremely emphatic FUCK OFF for Anning.

would you fuck off if people got a petition up about you and your opinions ?  <<< could be a rhetorical question, but you see don't you ... you would feel very fucken annoyed about other people telling you where you couldn't be.

I feel very fucken annoyed that Shorten is still leading his Party due to the new rules he brought in when he first took the job ... but there ya have it.

Try not voting for the guy ... as he himself suggested in a clip I just saw via my news site.

I'm pissed off that Julia Banks gets to sit in Parliament after doing pretty much as Anning did ... tho she just went straight to Independent ...

Stop giving Anning the hate. It's wasted energy ffs.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, eveln said:

would you fuck off if people got a petition up about you and your opinions ? 

Last time I checked, I wasn't a senator. 

And the petition isn't asking Anning to decide to fuck off; it's demanding the government fuck him off, isn't it. 

As for who party leaders are, or what party a representative joins or leaves, our constitution doesn't give the populace a say in that. You vote for your local rep, and that's it. You know how to solve the problem? Get rid of fucking political parties.

AFAIK, all the practices that relate to parties are matters of convention, not law. So to lock half the elected representatives out of government is disenfranchisement on a pretty huge scale. Every vote should be a 'conscience' vote. 

6 hours ago, eveln said:

Stop giving Anning the hate. It's wasted energy ffs.

Fuck Anning with a box of eggs. He's a fucken shit cunt.

I'll hate who I please, particularly since it doesn't depend on a ridiculous set of prejudices. 

On 17/03/2019 at 7:36 PM, eveln said:

the dude doing the egging has now quite like got a record deal or free tickets to something or his own personal star for his filmed assault of another ... What's next do you reckon ? I mean eggs are pretty lame really and if he keeps it up someones are gonna complain about the disgraceful waste of food ... maybe he'll use paint or water bombs or something with a bit of zing in it . Vinegar would give the eyes a bit of a sting yeah ?

I realise it's a bit out there to quote oneself, but there is a point coming in the link provided ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-18/fraser-anning-egging-teenager-hero-or-was-it-political-violence/10911278

" ... Since images of the incident were beamed around the world, social media admirers of the Melbourne teenager have offered him a Ferrari and a 5-star holiday in Turkey.

Some have discussed nominating him for Australian of the Year, while an online fundraising page has collected more than $47,000 for the teen's legal fees (and to buy "more eggs"), and hiphop outfit the Hilltop Hoods promised the 17-year-old free entry to their shows for life.

The webpage now states that all the money raised will be going to the victims of the New Zealand attack.

But should we be wary of making a hero of #eggboy? ..."

from the same link ^^ ...

" Tim Dean, a philosopher at the University of Sydney, said we should be cautious about condoning any form of political violence, no matter how minor.

He said celebrating the teenager's actions, which he described as "a very mild form of violence", sent a message that it was "appropriate to express a political opinion through attacking someone"."

It's almost like the "vanilla " comment made by Richter ... ffs

It's certainly an interesting question... 

My feeling is that Anning's egg is on the right side of a fuzzy line, but it's obviously a point upon which reasonable people can disagree. 

18 hours ago, eveln said:

What I'm finding super annoying these days is people just want to ban people from speaking ... if this keeps up we'll have evolved into a species with no idea of how to like or not like an opinion ... well actually, we just won't have opinions ... ffs

But where do you draw the line on who gets to talk? Especially as a senator. Does NAMBLA get a representative speaking on their behalf? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fliptopia said:
19 hours ago, eveln said:

But where do you draw the line on who gets to talk? Especially as a senator. Does NAMBLA get a representative speaking on their behalf? 

The act of Paedophilia is a criminal act.

Just like causing violence to an individual for speaking is a criminal act. The egg wasn't thrown it was held and smashed to the back of his head.

Police have been known to infiltrate NAMBLA, but as far as I know, they've not been actually stopped from forming their meetings. Who knows if NAMBLA were open to the idea of listening to constructive opposing factual evidence as to why the fucking of minors ( 'consensual' or not ) was damaging to them it might help to change the attitude. Granted I'm not  too hopeful of that.

Posted (edited)

But isn't hate speech outlawed? Shifting the blame for these attacks to the victims is ok?  While he isn't directly threatening harm he sounds like he is excusing it. 

As for NAMBLA and constructive comments... Maybe they would be receptive (but I also doubt it). But either way, I don't think anyone would be receptive to their view being legitimised by someone holding a senate seat. I see that as a lot different to allowing meetings. It's giving a them a recognised platform. 

Did the egg cause him so much as a bruise? (I really don't know) or was it more a cream pie to the face situation in a more damaged ego than proper violence way? 

Edited by fliptopia

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fliptopia said:

But isn't hate speech outlawed? Shifting the blame for these attacks to the victims is ok?  While he isn't directly threatening harm he sounds like he is excusing it. 

As for NAMBLA and constructive comments... Maybe they would be receptive (but I also doubt it). But either way, I don't think anyone would be receptive to their view being legitimised by someone holding a senate seat. I see that as a lot different to allowing meetings. It's giving a them a recognised platform. 

Did the egg cause him so much as a bruise? (I really don't know) or was it more a cream pie to the face situation in a more damaged ego than proper violence way? 

If some one came up behind me and smashed something on my head, I would definitely turn round swinging. The act of attacking from behind is a cowardly act and yet this boy is being lauded for it... Very strange to reward a coward.

You brought NAMBLA  into this conversation, how do you know for sure there are not pollies of a like mind in our region ? Even if you thoroughly detest Annings and his politics, at least he is thoroughly visible and can be voted down,yes ?

Throwing food at people is an act that dates from centuries past . But usually a front on assault. It seems we're growing our kids up to be chicken shit cowards and loving them for it... ffs

Excuse please inept phone posting in action

Edited by eveln

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, eveln said:

If some one came up behind me and smashed something on my head, I would definitely turn round swinging. The act of attacking from behind is a cowardly act and yet this boy is being lauded for it... Very strange to reward a coward.

You brought NAMBLA  into this conversation, how do you know for sure there are not pollies of a like mind in our region ? Even if you thoroughly detest Annings and his politics, at least he is thoroughly visible and can be voted down,yes ?

Throwing food at people is an act that dates from centuries past . But usually a front on assault. It seems we're growing our kids up to be chicken shit cowards and loving them for it... ffs

Excuse please inept phone posting in action

Food has been thrown at unsuspecting people from within crowds for anonymity. This isn't that far from that same situation. Like I said earlier, it doesn't *look* like an attack of violence in that it wasn't designed to cause injury. A punch to the back of the head would have been cowardly for sure and if there is more "broken" than just an egg then I'd agree with you that it is different from throwing food. 

While it's true it is easy to see Anning's positions for what they are, if someone from NAMBLA was secretly in government, they wouldn't be giving their views a seemingly official platform by virtue (is that the right word here?) of their secrecy. 

Which is the thrust of my argument. Where do you decide the line on where people get cut off from being able to speak freely. I'd say the same comments could have just been condemned by people and largely ignored if they were made by someone who was not holding the position he does. 

Also, I'll excuse your "inept phone posting" if you ignore mine made in downtime between setting up a new computer for someone 😉

Edited by fliptopia
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

Food has been thrown at unsuspecting people from within crowds for anonymity. This isn't that far from that same situation. Like I said earlier, it doesn't *look* like an attack of violence in that it wasn't designed to cause injury. A punch to the back of the head would have been cowardly for sure and if there is more "broken" than just an egg then I'd agree with you that it is different from throwing food. 

While it's true it is easy to see Anning's positions for what they are, if someone from NAMBLA was secretly in government, they wouldn't be giving their views a seemingly official platform by virtue (is that the right word here?) of their secrecy. 

Which is the thrust of my argument. Where do you decide the line on where people get cut off from being able to speak freely. I'd say the same comments could have just been condemned by people and largely ignored if they were made by someone who was not holding the position he does. 

Also, I'll excuse your "inept phone posting" if you ignore mine made in downtime between setting up a new computer for someone 😉

To respond to the thrust, isn't it when the words are inciting violence ? 

So what's being inferred now, is that to talk about immigration is to incite violence ? Hmmm ...

I'm not sure why you are making excuses for the boy's behaviour. Why would anyone want to enable essentially cowardly actions ? How was the victim to know it was only an egg? How was the victim to know the boy only meant to cause him discomfort and humiliation... 

I'm trying to discuss the actions of the boy and those who watched him do it irrespective of the reason... I am not speaking to defend Anning or his politics. He is a n Independent MP with no real backing and he likely thinks that any publicity is good ...lol...Just ignore him.

I'm way more concerned about our approving of the cowards we are producing.

18 hours ago, eveln said:

" Tim Dean, a philosopher at the University of Sydney, said we should be cautious about condoning any form of political violence, no matter how minor.

He said celebrating the teenager's actions, which he described as "a very mild form of violence", sent a message that it was "appropriate to express a political opinion through attacking someone"."

never heard of him.  anyone else around here heard of this guy?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, eveln said:

To respond to the thrust, isn't it when the words are inciting violence ? 

So what's being inferred now, is that to talk about immigration is to incite violence ? Hmmm ...

I'm not sure why you are making excuses for the boy's behaviour. Why would anyone want to enable essentially cowardly actions ? How was the victim to know it was only an egg? How was the victim to know the boy only meant to cause him discomfort and humiliation... 

I'm trying to discuss the actions of the boy and those who watched him do it irrespective of the reason... I am not speaking to defend Anning or his politics. He is a n Independent MP with no real backing and he likely thinks that any publicity is good ...lol...Just ignore him.

I'm way more concerned about our approving of the cowards we are producing.

1. If you say the real reason for the violent act is that these people are there in the first place then you could sound like you are condoning it the violence. Like it's some natural progression. 

2. I originally got into the egg discussion because I am questioning if you can really call that violence because you described it as such. It doesn't seem like eggboy (who will now be known as that for life) was trying to injure Anning. 

3. I was originally just responding to your post on people wanting to ban other people from speaking. Which didn't seem to be about egging... Maybe the message was scrambled? 

Not backing down from that pun.