scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

1 hour ago, @~thehung said:

the timing of this delicious story is delicious

One Nation wanted millions from the NRA while planning to soften Australia's gun laws

Secret recordings of senior One Nation figures reveal the party wanted millions of dollars in political donations from America's National Rifle Association and discussed softening its policies on gun ownership as it tried to secure the funding.

Delicious also because I suspect a lot of ON voters are of the antiglovalist set. Wonder if they'll see that for what it is, or turn up their reality distortion fields a bit higher.

47 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

?

My god.  There really is an image for everything.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

Wonder if they'll see that for what it is, or turn up their reality distortion fields a bit higher.

Do you, though? 

4 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Do you, though? 

...yes?

I reckon Hansen has got to be rueing the day she ever met Ashbey... trouble looks and finds that guy...he's a magnet for it... Mind you, if Hansen was in on this mighty scheme then she deserves to be wiped from the Aus. Political scene altogether.

The Coalition and Labor must be feeling pretty cool just now... Probably the first honest to god true reason for a hearty chuckle they've had in ages.

• Like 1

Ashby is a mover and shaker! As in like moving and shaking like a snake in the grass.

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

...yes?

My money's on the reality distortion field. 

Posted (edited)

It would seem the Brits have even less of a sense of humour re smashing an egg into the head of a person than I do.  The bloke who smashed an egg into Corbyn's head got 28 gays days in jail !

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-26/corbyn-egg-incident-leads-to-prison-but-anning-egger-not-charged/10939890

" CCTV footage showed John Murphy, 31, approach Mr Corbyn — who was visiting a Muslim community centre with his family on March 3 in northern London — before cracking an egg on the side of his head.

"Although Mr Corbyn was not seriously hurt, Murphy had come with a number of eggs that he could have used had he not been detained quickly," said Kevin Christie, District Crown Prosecutor at the Crown Prosecution Service.

It is reported that Murphy was a Brexiteer who shouted "respect the vote" while egging Mr Corbyn for pushing to remain in the European Union while calling for another referendum.

edit:  ... and Murphy had to pay a victim surcharge of 115 pounds ...not exactly sure what a victim surcharge is, but I reckon the go fund me page for our boy Will can cover his um surcharges just fine 😉

Edited by eveln
ffs : \

7 hours ago, eveln said:

The bloke who smashed an egg into Corbyn's head got 28 gays in jail !

Geez, that's a bit stiff 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Kimmo said:
8 hours ago, eveln said:

The bloke who smashed an egg into Corbyn's head got 28 gays in jail !

Geez, that's a bit stiff 

[ disclaimer: talking about your post, not talking to you, still ]

Ohhh ... so it's my turn now ... I get to assume.

The above means your post can be glib about someone spending a month ( think February ) in jail, for smashing a little harmless egg on a person's head ... especially if they're a Brexit supporter ... but it's all just a good larf if it's someone more in tune to left leaning principals doing the egg smashing, and just fuck the basic humanity or lack of it altogether ... gotcha

Edited by eveln

2 hours ago, eveln said:

[ disclaimer: talking about your post, not talking to you, still ]

Ohhh ... so it's my turn now ... I get to assume.

The above means your post can be glib about someone spending a month ( think February ) in jail, for smashing a little harmless egg on a person's head ... especially if they're a Brexit supporter ... but it's all just a good larf if it's someone more in tune to left leaning principals doing the egg smashing, and just fuck the basic humanity or lack of it altogether ... gotcha

Hey ev, could you further elaborate on what you think Kimmo is saying there?

I'm a little confused when I read your response. Personally I thought he was saying that a 28 day in jail is unwarranted for an egg and that the egg in this case should be taken far more lightly in the same way as the egg on Anning was taken and is being consistent. Maybe @Kimmowould also like to shine a light on that so we both aren't guessing. 

Are you saying he should have said something with more outrage about it? Or are you saying the he thinks 28 days isn't enough for a brexit supporter?

• Like 1

Hahaha good on you @fliptopia for persevering in the face of futility 😛

I'm just assuming... is all 🙂

I merely made a cheap gag about Evelyn's typo. 

I thought it was pretty funny, but nobody around here seems to have much of a sense of humour. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ummm not seeing the typo. 

I guess the ' joke ' is more relevant than a bloke spending 28 days in jail... Go figure *shrugs*...

6 hours ago, eveln said:

I guess the ' joke ' is more relevant than a bloke spending 28 days in jail... Go figure *shrugs*...

I am the face of futility. 

• Like 1

well, colour me a bit vague

what was the typo ?

🙂

I did notice it, we all make typos, I didn't really make a prison connection until Kimmo posted  🙂 I a day seemed reasonable  🙂

Cheers